Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

Listened to talksport his agent sounded like a bamford, Simon Jordan was absolutely spot on what he said that dope Trevor Sinclair really wound me up sticking up for Keogh even sounding as if none of it was his fault and drink driving isn’t that bad, he certainly didn’t factor in it could of killed someone what they all died! Keogh is a disgrace he lost all my respect a long with plenty more.

And what Curtis Davies did on Saturday showed what a true club captain is all about! Put his career as risk for 10 minutes to try and keep us up making sure what ever happened it couldn’t fall back on Derby as a club! A proper leader 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Worth reading this Telegraph report on an interview Talksport did with Keogh's agent today.

Didn't answer the question about remorse, doesn’t have regrets -  it is all about money to them two.

“In situations like this week, everyone’s a loser, regardless of the results at the end. Everyone loses something, apart from lawyers. I wouldn’t disagree too much. with that."

Yeah, boo, down with lawyers. The ones who seem to have cost Derby 2.5m by getting the ELF(!) to agree that Keogh was unfairly treated in a situation when almost anyone would agree he got what he deserved.

He should be praising the lawyers for their devious methods, rather than complaining they'll have taken a healthy cut of Keogh's undeserved payment.

Saying that, Keogh's agent sounds like the sort of chancer who could buy our club. Maybe with a consortium including player-manager-onwer Keogh himself?

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Listened to talksport his agent sounded like a bamford, Simon Jordan was absolutely spot on what he said that dope Trevor Sinclair really wound me up sticking up for Keogh even sounding as if none of it was his fault and drink driving isn’t that bad, he certainly didn’t factor in it could of killed someone what they all died! Keogh is a disgrace he lost all my respect a long with plenty more.

And what Curtis Davies did on Saturday showed what a true club captain is all about! Put his career as risk for 10 minutes to try and keep us up making sure what ever happened it couldn’t fall back on Derby as a club! A proper leader 

Heard it too and Jordan was spot on with what he said including Derby should now take it to the courts. 

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Respect to Curtis - he should be made a defensive coach, too....Gawd knows, we need one!

The journalist should have asked Keogh or his well-rewarded agent if they might donate some of the amount to charity (like, for the nurses that had to rehab him, or NHS/Foodbank charities?) given he also earned £££ from MK Dons & Uddersfield as well as his DCFC pay.

Stupid sentiment, I know; will fetch my tin hat.

59 minutes ago, Topram said:

Hmm...

Former England footballer Trevor Sinclair has admitted drink driving and racially abusing a police officer. Sinclair was arrested in Lytham and became agitated and accused police of being racist, a court was told

I hope Derby take it further. In breaking the law he subsequently became unable to fulfil his contractual obligations. Why should we bow down to idiots in tribunals. 

Yes the other 2 were treated differently but the other 2 hadn’t ruled themselves out of being able to work for 12 months. 

Players are absolute p1ss takers. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I hope Derby take it further. In breaking the law he subsequently became unable to fulfil his contractual obligations. Why should we bow down to idiots in tribunals. 

Yes the other 2 were treated differently but the other 2 hadn’t ruled themselves out of being able to work for 12 months. 

On what grounds did Keogh break the law,don't remember him being charged for being drunk and disorderly or charged for not wearing a seat belt.

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I really hope you are never asked to advise anyone, as to be honest your lack of knowledge is truly impressive ? 

30 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

On what grounds did Keogh break the law,don't remember him being charged for being drunk and disorderly or charged for not wearing a seat belt.

I suppose not wearing a seat belt but im not even sure what the rules are, it might even be its only an offence if you are caught when the car is moving, at the time the police arrived im guessing the car wasnt moving much owing to it having a lampost in the engine compartment.

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

How did he break the law?

22 hours ago, YouRams said:

I doubt he’d of been “in charge” and was off duty so to speak but as a grown man he should’ve known better. 

They’re lucky it was only a post they hit and not another car or person, he’d of been looking at a prison sentence then not just a sacking. “a passenger may be guilty of contributory negligence if he rides with the driver of a car who he knows has consumed alcohol in such quantity as it is likely to impair to a dangerous degree that driver's capacity to drive properly and safely.”

Contributory negligence relates to the passenger's right to claim compensation for his injuries, not his criminal liability. It has nothing to do with the passenger's responsibility for any accident caused by the driver.

Essentially, if Keogh wanted to claim damages from Lawrence for his injuries, Lawrence could use the defence of contributory negligence to say that Keogh knew he was getting into a drink driver's car and shouldn't therefore be able to claim full compensation.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Contributory negligence relates to the passenger's right to claim compensation for their injuries, not their criminal liability. It has nothing to do with the passenger's responsibility for any accident caused by the driver.

Essentially, if Keogh wanted to claim damages from Lawrence for his injuries, Lawrence could use the defence of contributory negligence to say that Keogh knew he was getting into a drink driver's car and shouldn't therefore be able to claim full compensation.

You are right that that can be a factor, there may be other circumstances that work in Keoghs favour should he choose to claim such as Lawrence leaving the scene of an accident (45 mins i think was the reported time), which in itself is a crime. He could claim had medical attention been obtained quicker his injuries may have been less severe.

I dont know for sure Lawrence did leave though, that was what was reported at the time though.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Contributory negligence relates to the passenger's right to claim compensation for his injuries, not his criminal liability. It has nothing to do with the passenger's responsibility for any accident caused by the driver.

Can’t the club use that then because that’s exactly what it is and what’s happening? 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Can’t the club use that then because that’s exactly what it is and what’s happening? 

Nah.

The defence of contributory negligence would only relate to a negligence claim by Keogh against Lawrence. It can't just be brought into an employment case.