Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Don't be so rough on me. I honestly did change it before I'd seen your response. 

I checked (you REALLY annoyed me) but I couldn't find a time check for your edit, only the original post).

I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  I'll retract the git statement.  Consider yourself my friend again... and consider yourself very lucky!  I don't have many friends, as I'm sure you can appreciate!  ??

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I checked (you REALLY annoyed me) but I couldn't find a time check for your edit, only the original post).

I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  I'll retract the git statement.  Consider yourself my friend again... and consider yourself very lucky!  I don't have many friends, as I'm sure you can appreciate!  ??

I wood be honoured to be your friend. 

• 2 months later...

At petrol stations, when the cost of fuel on the vertical board is vastly different to what you actually pay at the pump.

I don't know if this is becoming a thing but I've not noticed it before & had 2 occasions in the last month:

TOTAL garage alongside the AI: £1.22 advertised. Pump price: £1.47 - saw it and drove away

BP Garage near my home last night: £1.31 advertised. Pump price £1.45 - needed some fuel, so just put £20 in and will fill up elsewhere at the weekend.

Isn't this Trades Descriptions or misleading advertising or something?

These things...

81ZWOpmzadL._AC_SX679_.jpg

More than happy with the product, and have them regularly for lunch/picnics etc.  Less bloating than proper bread, more substantial than crackers.

The product itself is fine.
However, this morning, I was positively raging (Should that be negatively raging?  ?‍♂️) as I took 4 packs through the self-scanner... and the bar code is entrenched, folded away in the heavy seam along the back of the packaging!  I almost had to undo the flaming packet to expose the code to get a beep out of the scanner... x 4!

#breadbamfords!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

At petrol stations, when the cost of fuel on the vertical board is vastly different to what you actually pay at the pump.

I don't know if this is becoming a thing but I've not noticed it before & had 2 occasions in the last month:

TOTAL garage alongside the AI: £1.22 advertised. Pump price: £1.47 - saw it and drove away

BP Garage near my home last night: £1.31 advertised. Pump price £1.45 - needed some fuel, so just put £20 in and will fill up elsewhere at the weekend.

Weird one, never noticed that before, will be on the look out. Maybe the board hadn't been reset yet (probably only does it from midnight or something). That said can't imagine petrol went up 14p in one day (yet) so maybe faulty boards.

On 04/06/2021 at 11:29, Wolfie said:

Maybe you put the high octane fuel in without noticing? It is around 15p a litre more, and it's not always obvious.

On 02/04/2021 at 20:28, Pearl Ram said:

Aye, my wife’s car got a battering at our local Tesco about a year ago, drivers and rear passenger door mullered, no note left of course and try obtaining CCTV, never going to happen. ? 

The day I passed my test I took my mums car on the country lanes and had a minor detour rather too close to a hedge. Dinged wheel trim and scuffs on paint. As it wasn’t too obvious I kept quiet. 2 weeks later Mum says ... oooh look at my car and what someone did in the super market car park yesterday ... ahem cough cough ? say nothing lad .. you’re off the hook 

Just now, jono said:

The day I passed my test I took my mums car on the country lanes and had a minor detour rather too close to a hedge. Dinged wheel trim and scuffs on paint. As it wasn’t too obvious I kept quiet. 2 weeks later Mum says ... oooh look at my car and what someone did in the super market car park yesterday ... ahem cough cough ? say nothing lad .. you’re off the hook 

Jono, it’s a Citroen C3 Picasso, I wouldn’t be seen dead in it never mind drive it, straight up, it wasn’t me. ?

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Jono, it’s a Citroen C3 Picasso, I wouldn’t be seen dead in it never mind drive it, straight up, it wasn’t me. ?

It’s a funny thing wives and cars. Now I am sure this will be classified as sexist but it isn’t about abilities it’s about preferences. My wife tidies up like mad, I get justified flack for socks left living around, abandoned shoes, screwdrivers and all sorts. Our house isn’t antiseptic but it is clean and ordered. We share tasks of course, but the motivation, vision and leadership in the house comes from Mrs Jono. Her car however ? ... full on wheelie bin. How many spare bags, umbrellas, insulated water bottles, charger leads, sweeties, magazines, spare raincoats, hats and that’s before we even get to general litter and detritus. I have concluded It’s a special therapeutic zone where her hidden messy self can express itself. A pair of beautiful shoes that get scuffed is a tragedy, kerbed wheels, bumper scrapes pah ! It’s only a car and that’s what bumpers are for, chill out. ?

2 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s a funny thing wives and cars. Now I am sure this will be classified as sexist but it isn’t about abilities it’s about preferences. My wife tidies up like mad, I get justified flack for socks left living around, abandoned shoes, screwdrivers and all sorts. Our house isn’t antiseptic but it is clean and ordered. We share tasks of course, but the motivation, vision and leadership in the house comes from Mrs Jono. Her car however ? ... full on wheelie bin. How many spare bags, umbrellas, insulated water bottles, charger leads, sweeties, magazines, spare raincoats, hats and that’s before we even get to general litter and detritus. I have concluded It’s a special therapeutic zone where her hidden messy self can express itself. A pair of beautiful shoes that get scuffed is a tragedy, kerbed wheels, bumper scrapes pah ! It’s only a car and that’s what bumpers are for, chill out. ?

I thought I was reading about myself and our house/her car. I often say her car’s like a skip. It has black alloys...mullered,  and of course because they’re black the kerb scuffs stand out more prominently. ?

On 01/03/2021 at 18:48, Rev said:

My boss once had a rag on, picked up a plastic basket and stuck his head through the bottom. 

Split his nose open, and the plastic pushed behind his ears so he couldn't pull it off without cutting his ears to shreds too.

I've never laughed so much in my life.

Do be sure to tell EVERY new starter at work that story

On 05/06/2021 at 12:41, Rev said:

Maybe you put the high octane fuel in without noticing? It is around 15p a litre more, and it's not always obvious.

Sainsburys yesterday some moronic person had swapped the hoses over on the pump. As I put 50litres in it would have been a costly fill up if I hadn't noticed.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Sainsburys yesterday some moronic person had swapped the hoses over on the pump. As I put 50litres in it would have been a costly fill up if I hadn't noticed.

Thing is I can't even imagine that being an accident,  someone must have done deliberately. 

Scumbags if that's the case.

2 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

We are having a new bathroom next week,  so why is my wife currently scrubbing the current one so its spotlessly clean ?

Its always clean anyway but its currently having its biggest clean since we moved in.

And you know when she is finished you won’t be allowed to use it