Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

3 hours ago, David said:

Dispatch brand new trainers in this condition. Wasn’t eBay either but an online retailer, £70. Had to send an email straight away with pics just so I don’t have issues returning them, will think I’ve spilt a cuppa!

61A58675-4478-437B-B624-60CFCF9EA0C4.jpeg

I recently had an issue with a purchase and I received a huge outpouring of support and help in the thread I started so have a read though that If you need any advice.

Although it looks to me like you have indeed spilt a cuppa on them so I think you're just going to have to soak them both in tea and think of them as a special edition.

4 hours ago, David said:

Dispatch brand new trainers in this condition. Wasn’t eBay either but an online retailer, £70. Had to send an email straight away with pics just so I don’t have issues returning them, will think I’ve spilt a cuppa!

61A58675-4478-437B-B624-60CFCF9EA0C4.jpeg

B4 was right, should have gone to a shop rather than this online rubbish

Ok I am getting too old I think.

I never even realised this was a place:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47359692

Are we seriously saying over 2500 children a year are in need of some sort of gender re-assignment treatment? Its not just 16/17 year old's its 10 year old taking drugs to prevent puberty etc.

Surely during a time our hormones are all over the place we shouldn't be messing with nature. Wait until you are sure? I am sure many will have facts to tell me I am wrong but I really can't imagine that there is this number of children who are sure at such a young age. During our younger years I dare bet most people feel some confusion over sexuality etc. 

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ok I am getting too old I think.

I never even realised this was a place:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47359692

Are we seriously saying over 2500 children a year are in need of some sort of gender re-assignment treatment? Its not just 16/17 year old's its 10 year old taking drugs to prevent puberty etc.

Surely during a time our hormones are all over the place we shouldn't be messing with nature. Wait until you are sure? I am sure many will have facts to tell me I am wrong but I really can't imagine that there is this number of children who are sure at such a young age. During our younger years I dare bet most people feel some confusion over sexuality etc. 

If we assume that there are 7.5 million children in the UK (60 million population, average life expectancy 80 and anyone between 5-15 considered a child) then the number of 2,500 is not even worth thinking about. But, for those, some do know - I've never been there (all man, all beef, all meat and two veg) but I do read examples where people are utterly tortured by feeling trapped in the wrong body. I guess the statistic to consider is for what I understand are 'detransitioners' - those who take the change and then regret it, normally because they realise they are cis-gender (effectively truly stuck in the middle). Those who truly got it wrong is incredibly rare - I guess a large part of that comes from the fact that if you are motivated enough to have your rooster* cut off you probably took some time to think about it.

* - other sexual organs are available

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Incorrect or inappropriate use of Just For Men(or similar,I’ve got no hair so don’t know).

FFS,if you want to use it at least follow the bloody instructions or if not don’t come talking to me and expect me not to stare.

We can land a man on the moon, make fully electric cars and converse instantly with people on the other side of the world, while having an encyclopedia of knowledge at our fingertips at all times.

Yet even a man as rich as Paul McCartney can't find natural looking hair dye!

34 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

We can land a man on the moon, make fully electric cars and converse instantly with people on the other side of the world, while having an encyclopedia of knowledge at our fingertips at all times.

Yet even a man as rich as Paul McCartney can't find natural looking hair dye!

Exactly and the guy always talks to me in the park when I’m walking the dogs,I run off and he comes after me(in his Wednesday shirt?).

’You’re lads aren’t doing very well again are they(???)’

’Better than the Owls mate and what the duck has happened to your hair(?)’

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not as bad as driving around with fog lights on when it's not foggy or thinking if you put you hazard lights on you can stop/park anywhere.

Always used to hate that. Couldn't really figure lut the appeal of it, although I guess if you've paid hundreds extra for a feature you're only going genuinely need to use about than 5 hours a year, you're going to want to get your money's worth.

I got over it, stopped noticing it tbh,  but then certain car manufacturers actually started to appease the idiots by placing Day Running Lights round about where their fog lights would have been!

...not as bad as people in light grey cars, driving on light grey roads, under a grey sky in the grey pissing rain without any lights on at all!

Edited by Coconut

29 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Always used to hate that. Couldn't really figure lut the appeal of it, although I guess if you've paid hundreds extra for a feature you're only going genuinely need to use about than 5 hours a year, you're going to want to get your money's worth.

I got over it, stopped noticing it tbh,  but then certain car manufacturers actually started to appease the idiots by placing Day Running Lights round about where their fog lights would have been!

...not as bad as people in light grey cars, driving on light grey roads, under a grey sky in the grey pissing rain without any lights on at all!

That’s an EU requirement for all new cars. Been that way for 5 or so years now

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That’s an EU requirement for all new cars. Been that way for 5 or so years now

DRLs, yes, not that exact placement of them where it's clearly been designed to appeal to the fog light bankers.

On VW group cars they're just a part of the headlight unit.

Edited by Coconut

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2019 at 22:15, Coconut said:

DRLs, yes, not that exact placement of them where it's clearly been designed to appeal to the fog light bankers.

On VW group cars they're just a part of the headlight unit.

I think it was the DS3 that started that trend - and probably for the reason you said...to attract a certain type of buyer.

Jehova's Witnesses, Catholic nuns, or Mormons knocking on my door to introduce me to God and save my everlasting soul from the torments of hell.  i am fine with discussing theology and not least philosophy with folks of interest, but the downright patronizing stance of these folks is intolerable.  They can't get their noses out of their books and think that because they studied some religious text or another, that they automatically therefor know God better than i do and therefor in a position to preach.  The nerve of these folks.  i try to stay polite, but they always end up poking me repeatedly the wrong way and soon after that, they make their excuses and leave

Actually, i do enjoy teasing them with difficult questions and ideas that make their closed minds pop

7 hours ago, ramit said:

Jehova's Witnesses, Catholic nuns, or Mormons knocking on my door to introduce me to God and save my everlasting soul from the torments of hell.  i am fine with discussing theology and not least philosophy with folks of interest, but the downright patronizing stance of these folks is intolerable.  They can't get their noses out of their books and think that because they studied some religious text or another, that they automatically therefor know God better than i do and therefor in a position to preach.  The nerve of these folks.  i try to stay polite, but they always end up poking me repeatedly the wrong way and soon after that, they make their excuses and leave

Actually, i do enjoy teasing them with difficult questions and ideas that make their closed minds pop

I can’t stand religion in any form.

7 hours ago, ramit said:

Don’t answer the door. Works for me.