Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Describing football hooligans from other countries as "ultras" almost as if it's a badge of honour. They are mindless thugs and should be described as such. 

I read today that a coach load of PSG fans were "turned away" from the women's game against Chelsea because of weapons found on the coach. Assuming the owners could be identified, why weren't they arrested? 

1 hour ago, David said:

You bean Googling coffee puns?

Yo, whats happening brew!  What’s Sumatra with you?  Don't you come decant with me, or I'll lose my tamper!

If you think I have to google for puns, you'd be a mug.  Such accusations leave a bitter taste, and really grinds my gears.

You do the tweets, I'll do the puns.  fair trade?

Anyway, gotta go... Catch yer Latte.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

People who can work these new fangled coffee machines. Poxy things terrify me. Saw one yesterday that looked like you could drive it somewhere.

A kettle? 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Where do you start with that?

Coffee.PNG

Put the ground coffee in the holder in the middle, put it on the machine, press the button, coffee comes out. 2nd knob to the left is hot water, the 2 on the end turns the steamer on to froth milk for cappuccino or latte. Easy. 

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Put the ground coffee in the holder in the middle, put it on the machine, press the button, coffee comes out. 2nd knob to the left is hot water, the 2 on the end turns the steamer on to froth milk for cappuccino or latte. Easy. 

Apparently I am the 2nd knob on the left... I'm always in hot water somewhere.

Edited by Angry Ram

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

It can't be that difficult; the minimum-wage baristas at Costa seem to have worked it out!

Show off... 

Actually, a good story about Costa. I recently employed 2 ladies that were working in my local Costa. I had 2 pretty entry level jobs that did not pay much but was still a better deal than Costa. They had never worked in my industry but my lot had a gut feeling about them.

Both are absolutely brilliant and have doubled their wages in less than a year. Hard working, multi-lingual superstars. Could not me more happy with them. They both admit that Costa did teach them some good things and they learnt a lot..

Moral is I suppose, just because you may not hold the greatest job in the world at any given time, it does not mean that you cannot achieve anything, given a bit of luck and dedication.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

When people insist on "read receipts" when they send you a work email. Seems to be more popular nowadays.

It just shows a lack of trust IMO.

Can't prove anything at work now without an email confirmation, phone calls are pointless it seems. Read receipts are awful. If you were that paranoid about me not reading the email, call my work mobile number and explain the situation. Too many folks hide behind their desks, sending snarky emails with plenty of people in copy, which can be dealt with a private call. I prefer people ring my number than send a stupid pointless email. Non urgent, email me. Urgent, phone call.

On 29/03/2019 at 15:36, Angry Ram said:

Show off... 

Actually, a good story about Costa. I recently employed 2 ladies that were working in my local Costa. I had 2 pretty entry level jobs that did not pay much but was still a better deal than Costa. They had never worked in my industry but my lot had a gut feeling about them.

Both are absolutely brilliant and have doubled their wages in less than a year. Hard working, multi-lingual superstars. Could not me more happy with them. They both admit that Costa did teach them some good things and they learnt a lot..

Moral is I suppose, just because you may not hold the greatest job in the world at any given time, it does not mean that you cannot achieve anything, given a bit of luck and dedication.

May I ask what line of work you're in?