Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 28/01/2019 at 11:56, ThePrisoner said:

This page has turned into things that @coneheadjohn does that annoy people! 

Add his job to the list.

When I met him at Wednesday away, the topic turned onto nightclub bouncers. I ended up launching into a tirade about how bouncers are my least favourite people in the world. Can't stand the bar stewards.

Anyway, he started the next sentence off:

'I used to work in security...'

I hope he didn't notice me blushing.

Edited by BurtonRam7

21 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Businessmen on planes, particularly short haul, who race to passport control like their life depends on it. So utterly important to society, they need to barge past anything living or otherwise for fear that the world might miss thirty seconds of their brilliance.

Honorary mention to the bloke at Birmingham last week - he simply say on a bench at passport control, logged into the free wi-fi and caught up on whatever he needed to do while he waited for the queue to die down. Lateral thinking - respect to that.

Said businessmen have probably been slogging their guts out away from family for a few days, bouncing from hotel to hotel having to dine with people they don't particularlt want to dine which all goes a long way to keeping others in jobs. The idea is not any superiority complex, it is more to do with not getting caught behind idiot holidaymakers who suddenly can't remember where they have put their passports and have to empty their handbag / manbag looking for it, It is the same at security going to the flight, never go in the same line as family holidaymakers or old women. 

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Add his job to the list.

When I met him at Wednesday away, the topic turned onto nightclub bouncers. I ended up launching into a tirade about how bouncers are my least favourite people in the world. Can't stand the bar stewards.

Installing intruder alarms?

If I may, you don't have to do any of that. You choose to do it cuz it brings you (at least some of) the things in life you desire. Just in the same way many business travelers could choose to be a bit less self obsessed about it all. So you spent three minutes stood behind some old woman who hasn't worked out the most optimal way of filling up an x-ray tray or walking through a security scanner. Whoop de doo die doo, talk about the trauma of first world problems. What exactly are you going to do with those 180 seconds once you got through security anyway? Sip your lounge coffee just that little bit slower? Wow, now that's got to be worth getting stressed over.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

If I may, you don't have to do any of that. You choose to do it cuz it brings you (at least some of) the things in life you desire. Just in the same way many business travelers could choose to be a bit less self obsessed about it all. So you spent three minutes stood behind some old woman who hasn't worked out the most optimal way of filling up an x-ray tray or walking through a security scanner. Whoop de doo die doo, talk about the trauma of first world problems. What exactly are you going to do with those 180 seconds once you got through security anyway? Sip your lounge coffee just that little bit slower? Wow, now that's got to be worth getting stressed over.

Exactly. Only gonna get to your destination at the same time.

On 29/01/2019 at 23:15, JoetheRam said:

Exactly. Only gonna get to your destination at the same time.

the sooner I get through passports, the sooner I get to the front of the taxi or hire car Q (I have no luggage to collect).  It is highly unlikely that anybody else is going to my destination.   My choice to maximise my time outside the airport and I don't understand why it would bother those happy to dawdle (which is their choice)

On 29/01/2019 at 18:04, BurtonRam7 said:

Add his job to the list.

Even worse than me doing it, @Mrs Cone used to work in security too ,we both retired over 10 years ago though.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

People who seem to think that bringing bloody huge cases as on board baggage is ok. Take all the space from everyone else ya selfish bar stewards. Some have a few pieces as well. Why don’t Airlines crack down on this more?

Does my swede in. 

Dont forget despite the fact they are going somewhere nice and hot their huge coats are also more deserving of a place in the overhead than someone elses hand luggage.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Dont forget despite the fact they are going somewhere nice and hot their huge coats are also more deserving of a place in the overhead than someone elses hand luggage.

Actually nice and cold this time. Plane half full and it was ridiculous what people were bringing on. 

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

People who seem to think that bringing bloody huge cases as on board baggage is ok. Take all the space from everyone else ya selfish bar stewards. Some have a few pieces as well. Why don’t Airlines crack down on this more?

Does my swede in. 

And I’m sure most peoples “small” suitcases are well over the maximum dims limit. Cheeky gits. And then they proceed to empty the contents of the suitcases whilst on board. Take all that out whilst you’re waiting in the departure lounge? 

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

And I’m sure most peoples “small” suitcases are well over the maximum dims limit. Cheeky gits. And then they proceed to empty the contents of the suitcases whilst on board. Take all that out whilst you’re waiting in the departure lounge? 

They frown upon it if you take out the bottles of spirits you've nicked from duty free while still in the Terminal.

17 hours ago, angieram said:

Nordic walking. Good for us oldies as it exercises more muscle groups than strolling along at 2 mph. 

Some of us can't run so power-walking is the next best thing! 

Is it not the same to just walk faster?

I’m sure the power walkers peak highly of me when they see me attempting to run.