Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This really gets me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47813283

Hope they turn his appeal down. If they don't also hope the tax payer doesn't foot the bill. But also hope the end result is they increase his minimum term.

Clearly has no remorse. Pure evil.

Maybe they could increase his minimum term?

After all he put the family through a trail, chucked mud at her family in the hope of getting off, then admitted it before sentencing.

I reckon an 80 year minimum term should suffice.

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

This really gets me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47813283

Hope they turn his appeal down. If they don't also hope the tax payer doesn't foot the bill. But also hope the end result is they increase his minimum term.

Clearly has no remorse. Pure evil.

Unfortunatly he will be allowed to appeal, the appeal can be turned down, however the tax payer will be paying for it.  Even though he confessed before sentancing, he can still appeal.

Personally, I think he is going it because he is, as the judge described him 'cold, callous, calculating, remorseless and dangerous individual' and he is doing it because he is getting off on it.

Edited by McRamFan

7 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Unfortunatly he will be allowed to appeal, the appeal can be turned down, however the tax payer will be paying for it.  Even though he confessed before sentancing, he can still appeal.

Personally, I think he is going it because he is, as the judge described him 'cold, callous, calculating, remorseless and dangerous individual' and he is doing it because he is getting off on it.

is he appealing the conviction? or the length of the sentence? (I don't truly care, let him rot!)

Sith Happens
58 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Yep i tend to agree

So I was mid poo this morning when there's a knock at the door. Normally I'd ignore it but I'm expecting some stuff from Amazon so I cut it off like a sausage machine, performed an express wipe and stumble downstairs like a ballbag, buttoning as I run.

Jehovah's bloody witnesses. 

If I was ever on the fence about God then I'm not any more. They've blown it. I'm 100% atheist now.

Edited by Parsnip

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

So I was mid poo this morning when there's a knock at the door. Normally I'd ignore it but I'm expecting some stuff from Amazon so I cut it off like a sausage machine, perform an express wipe and stumble downstairs like a ballbag, buttoning as I run.

Jehovah's bloody witnesses. 

If I was ever on the fence about God then I'm not any more. They've blown it. I'm 100% atheist now.

Or gods have a wicked sense of humour!

They should ban door knockers, had a RSPCA charity collector the other day, you have 2 options when you open the door

1) Rudely say you’re busy or not interested and shut the door

or

2) Listen to their sob story, and that have to awkwardly say you don’t want to sign up to a monthly donation. They give you why did you waste my time look, but would they rather me slam the door on their faces?

I always go for 2 and this guy gave me the are you sure I can’t persuade you, I can hear a dog in there, you clearly love animals. 

The religious ones are easier as they are not looking for money, I let them tell me how I should find god and let him guide me, then just say sorry it’s not for me.

12 hours ago, David said:

They should ban door knockers, had a RSPCA charity collector the other day, you have 2 options when you open the door

1) Rudely say you’re busy or not interested and shut the door

or

2) Listen to their sob story, and that have to awkwardly say you don’t want to sign up to a monthly donation. They give you why did you waste my time look, but would they rather me slam the door on their faces?

I always go for 2 and this guy gave me the are you sure I can’t persuade you, I can hear a dog in there, you clearly love animals. 

The religious ones are easier as they are not looking for money, I let them tell me how I should find god and let him guide me, then just say sorry it’s not for me.

Not even for just £3 a month?

13 hours ago, David said:

had a RSPCA charity collector the other day, you have 2 options when you open the door

I can't even bring myself to be polite to these orange vested charity idiots on the street - now if they turned up at my house and interrupted my Saturday morning poo... option 3 wouldn't be pretty.

13 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't even bring myself to be polite to these orange vested charity idiots on the street - now if they turned up at my house and interrupted my Saturday morning poo... option 3 wouldn't be pretty.

Hey! Don’t be advocating throwing human excrement at charity worker in the street online on here please.

Mud sticks.

BS about emissions 

So the edict is that every car manufacturer has to lower the average emissions of its “fleet” to a certain level by a certain date or face fines. ... good idea. Stimulates invention and the development of more efficient engines. I’m all for it in principle. 

thing is it’s diffucult to meet the objectives for one reason or another ( that’s a different story ) ... so if you are Fiat/Chrysler you do a deal with Tesla, pay them some dosh so that you can count some of their cars as part of your “fleet” thus avoiding fines. 

Environmental gain = zero

cow boy statistic generators = 1

What a load of BS. Oh yes and aren’t we clever .. our emissions are falling because we are all nice green and responsible and have an environmental policy in our misssion statement. ....No we just stopped having heavy industry (which co incidentally uses a lot of energy ?) and sent all the dirty stuff to India, China and Vietnam.

Far to much of the environment industry is about statistics and how to bend them to suit the story and the public face you want to portray. 

I want to be greener cleaner and less wasteful but loath being conned by spread sheet making wordsmiths who know little or nothing about science, industry and manufacturing in a practical sense.