Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

28 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

After a shaky start to his Derby career today he looked like a young Patrick Vieira.

Ahem..that's the comparison I tentatively made pre-season.

Granted he was sluggish defensively in his first league outing but it was immediately clear he has all the tools to absolutely boss games in this league.

Fingers crossed he's given the opportunity to make the occasional mistake because we've not had a player like him in forever. Mix the best bits of Bird and Knight...and he's still better than them.

I have to admit I had tears in my eyes after watching that, it was twice as good as I had hoped for,

and we haven't had chance to gel properly yet!

Any worries about relegation have now been banished after that 2nd half,

Paul Warne and the rest of the staff deserve a lot of plaudits for that performance, which has

ended any doubts I had about Championship capabilities - everything spot on today  🥂

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just got in the door and not read the thread yet but ,,,,,Ducking fantastic day today , the team were superb and the crowd were superb , I would go as far as to say I’m totally gassed out 

You should have been by the open train toilet from Derby to Bristol 😩

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

What being honest Warne knows himself it hasn't been good enough the style of football has changed today he actually played the midfield instead of the ball flying over there heads. For the first time since Warne has taken over we have played football and look at the result. Play like we did today we will be a very comfortable team in this league

No. Unfortunately there are teams who are just better than us and we have to play a certain way. Boro prime example, the other two games have been away from home which can often lead to parking the bus, and add to the fact away against two of the form teams early doors yet we still competed with both and had our moments. When we play lesser opposition I expect us to be on the front foot more. I didn’t go today but based on the reaction that’s exactly what happened!! 

If anyone wants to know how Warne really wants to play, look at Barnsley at home last season and by the sounds of it today also!!

Its looking like a good start to the season!! 🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

This was the game I had pencilled in for our early season trip up from Cornwall. Then my brother decided to visit us instead!  

So of course it’s our best performance and biggest win in months!

Absolutely thrilled for Warne, the players and everyone associated with the club, but especially for @Chris_Martin and @DCFC Kicks.

They always said Warne would come good and turn us into the Brazil of the Championship, didn’t they?

A Perfect Day! I was able to drift into the day with breakfast in bed, I mowed the lawn, had another coffee, went to the match. After building up my liquid reserves in Padel Derby I saw the best Derby County performance in years and years, watched us walk off with a 3 goal win for the first time in ages, discovered we have a manager who knows how to change tactics mid-game and got home to my wife who suggested we have a take-away curry from the viceroy in Duffield. Splendid!!!!

Bristol appeared to control the first 20 - 25 minutes of the match before we suddenly kicked on, then it was just a matter of waiting for the win. In my considered opinion, Bristol weren't so much calling the shots, but Derby who were sitting deep and hitting them on the counter - and e did have the first shot on target! A goal was on it's way, and may have come a couple of minutes earlier of Kenzo had lifted the ball over the keeper, but his goal was a belter. Upping the ante came from a shift in the positioning of Adams and Ozoh. That is 3 times now that Paul has got Ozoh to move further forwards, and each time it is given us benefits. I said earlier in the thread that maybe we should have him start in that more advanced position. For the last part of the match it was men against boys, and we could have had 6 goals - we did hit the post twice, and have on cleared off the line. 

I don't know which Derby player it was that was booked, but although it was a yellow-card offence, it was a gross injustice because Bristol should have been on 6 yellow cards by then, with who knows how many yellow-card offences plus dissent and petulance from Knight and that piece of string. Some things never seem to change. However, I now know why Jason k night left the Rams - he wanted to move to a team that didn't play in a white shirt so that he could play the way he always has done without picking up a load of bookings. And it has clearly worked for him. He did run around a lot, but didn't really produce anything of note, and thankfully didn't bang a shot in from the edge of the box, ass was his want. And Bird - he did some lovely link up play but it seemed to me that his heart just wasn't in it. 

After Barrow I was determined to turn up today and get behind the lads no matter what, looking forwards to the new signings elevating us into playing football, but we managed without them! Goudmijn is an excellent signing, and although he didn't score, Yates had a brilliant match, and was always in and around where he needed to be. I thought that Jackson created his goal out of nothing with a bit of a body swerve, but Warne says that it was a move they have tried in training. And Ozoh - what a tank! Towards the end he took on and beat 6 or 7 Bristolians on the touchline, and just walked through them as though they weren't there, and I was delighted when he scored.  And ZetterStorm running the whole length of the pitch when David did score is brilliant. Our keeper has a huge personality and is going to be a real asset in the dressing room. 

My only regret is parking closer than usual to the stadium. It felt like I floated back to the car after the match, and wanted to float a whole lot further! 

35 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Unless I've missed it, the 2 or 3 usual suspects have yet to post a word. Think it must be so hard for them on an afternoon like today!

I'm hoping they are still in the Boro thread, as requested by yours truly..

4 hours ago, Miggins said:

I think the wonderful @Mucker1884 is on his well-deserved hols!!

Cheers @Miggins. I am indeed, but had I not been on holiday, I’d have been at the game anyway.  Normally only on Thunderbird duty for away games. 
just catching up, and it appears I’ve missed a cracker. Sounds thoroughly deserved too!

Very slow 4g down here during an absolutely cracker of a storm…  but at least there’s not too many match day pages to catch up on, seeing as we won handsomely! 😉

🐏🍻