v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why 🤔

I just think it’s a result which both teams would probably settle for to kick-start their season.

So I’d imagine it will be a tight, cagey affair and both teams will rarely commit, especially if it’s still goalless at 60 mins.

Goals change games of course. I could predict all this and then a horrible defensive error or set-piece goal occurs in the first 10 minutes.

Amazed to see Ebou not in peoples teams. Some short memories from last season. I don't see anyway he doesn't start the game if he is fit.

Zetterstrom

Nyambe.          Nelson         Cashin         Forsyth

Ebou.       Ozoh

Jackson                 Kenzo          Mendez Laing

Collins

I think if it was a home game that Wilson would get the nod at Right Back, but can see Warne playing Nyambe away from home. Id like to see Osborn given a go at left back, however doesn't look like he is considered for that role.

I am not expecting a cagey game myself. I think both sides will go out to win the game and both sides will want to lay down a marker. It could be 2-1 or 3-2 either way.

The game will be there to be won, but I think Blackburn are slight favourites due to the question marks over our defence. Will Vickers be in goal? Will Cashin and Nelson be ready and on the same wavelength as before? Who will play full back? There’s enough concern there to think Blackburn and their new attack (Gueye, Ohashi, Weimann and Dolan) may have some joy on the night.

If the defence step up, then we have a really good chance of winning. We have the right profiles in midfield with the technical quality of Goudmijn and the well-roundedness of Ozoh. Those two give us a chance of competing in any game. In attack, Mendez Laing, Collins and Jackson will be confident of a good start and causing the opposition problems.

Let’s see what this week brings. Certainly getting a first choice goalkeeper would boost confidence levels.

0-0 wouldn’t even be a bad result for us. Our team is going to look a lot different between now & the end of August, so any points we pick up in the meantime is a positive.

Add in the fact that our current first choice striker can’t play the first 3 games, our goalkeeper is being held hostage in Scandinavia and we’re still around 5 short of what Warne wants, getting a point on the board away from home would be a good start.

First game of the season is always weird. Both teams would rather not lose than win, i think.

I think it'll be 0-0 or 0-1 to them. My team (as it stands) would be:

(4-2-3-1)

Vickers

Wilson Nelson Cashin Elder

Ozoh Adams

NML Kenzo Jackson

Collins

Would love to say I would start Brown up top, but I just don't see it happening. It'll be Collins.

Recent events remind me of the riots in the early 80s. I think it was 81 when we played Leicester away on a midweek game. The rioters deliberately arranged one on the night of the game near the ground. 

I would have been around 19 years old walking back to the car after the game through crowded streets of terraced housing around the old Filbert Street ground. I remember turning a corner onto a new street and seeing a wall of rioters stretching across the entire road running towards us. We turned and ran for our lives. Probably literally !

I’m taking the wife and teenage daughters to Blackburn on Friday. That’s not something I ever want to experience again. Hopefully we never will. 

Safe travels to everyone including the Blackburn fans on Friday. 

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just think it’s a result which both teams would probably settle for to kick-start their season.

So I’d imagine it will be a tight, cagey affair and both teams will rarely commit, especially if it’s still goalless at 60 mins.

Goals change games of course. I could predict all this and then a horrible defensive error or set-piece goal occurs in the first 10 minutes.

Nah, think there will be goals in this one.

I'd imagine both teams have similar aspirations this season and will see each other as a team from which to pick up points. Therefore I predict an entertaining game for the neutral where two teams give each other opportunities which probably won't be taken.

An entertaining 0-0 for me followed by a week of arguing amongst people who think it is a good point vs those tho think it is two points dropped

I know full well that Warne will be banging the drum asking for bravery in this game, equally it's a game that Blackburn will want to make sure they get three points out of - a home game against a relegation rival. We could even find ourselves up against last season's league top goalscorer in Szmodics should he not move on beforehand. He hasn't played in the friendlies, but can't see him missing this if he's contracted to the club. 

I know we've been playing with a 4-2-3-1 but wouldn't be at all surprised to see up line up as per the below:

Vickers

Nelson      Bradley      Cashin

Wilson        Ozoh        Ebou        Osborn

Kenzo

NML           Kayden

I'd be surprised if it doesn't end in a draw, honestly. 1-1 with a late equaliser. Kenzo or Osborn to score for us. 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I know full well that Warne will be banging the drum asking for bravery in this game, equally it's a game that Blackburn will want to make sure they get three points out of - a home game against a relegation rival. We could even find ourselves up against last season's league top goalscorer in Szmodics should he not move on beforehand. He hasn't played in the friendlies, but can't see him missing this if he's contracted to the club. 

I know we've been playing with a 4-2-3-1 but wouldn't be at all surprised to see up line up as per the below:

Vickers

Nelson      Bradley      Cashin

Wilson        Ozoh        Ebou        Osborn

Kenzo

NML           Kayden

I'd be surprised if it doesn't end in a draw, honestly. 1-1 with a late equaliser. Kenzo or Osborn to score for us. 

How many second half corners?

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I am not expecting a cagey game myself. I think both sides will go out to win the game and both sides will want to lay down a marker. It could be 2-1 or 3-2 either way.

The game will be there to be won, but I think Blackburn are slight favourites due to the question marks over our defence. Will Vickers be in goal? Will Cashin and Nelson be ready and on the same wavelength as before? Who will play full back? There’s enough concern there to think Blackburn and their new attack (Gueye, Ohashi, Weimann and Dolan) may have some joy on the night.

If the defence step up, then we have a really good chance of winning. We have the right profiles in midfield with the technical quality of Goudmijn and the well-roundedness of Ozoh. Those two give us a chance of competing in any game. In attack, Mendez Laing, Collins and Jackson will be confident of a good start and causing the opposition problems.

Let’s see what this week brings. Certainly getting a first choice goalkeeper would boost confidence levels.

Rams win with both teams to score is 4.5-1. Doubled up with Luton to do the same is 20-1 😉