Ben Osborn - signed on a two-year deal

Sean

33 minutes ago, cannable said:

That got me about his dad.

Always used to be funny having a pop at him on Twitter about how he used to be a Derby fan, nothing malicious.

I even said at work this morning, I wonder if this means his Dad’s a Derby fan again.

f****** s*** he won’t get to see him play for us.

Horrible isn’t it. For any Rams fan who is a dad, I think having their child play for Derby would be the ultimate dream come true. Osborn apparently rejected more money elsewhere, so I wonder if his recent loss may have impacted his decision? I’ve already seen his sister tweet the below, he must be doing all his family proud joining this club.

Welcome back home Ben… one of our own! 

Took a while to get going, but looks like our summer business is about to get properly underway. Decent start to the much needed rebuild… although interestingly I get the impression from what I’ve heard that he wasn’t one of our first choice signings. Not sure who we missed out on, as far as I’m aware no strongly linked targets have gone elsewhere yet… just hope it doesn’t mean that what I heard about Adams being too expensive to sign permanently is true…

Expect us to sign another 3 CMs this window, let’s hope Adams is next!

Such a good long interview. A Warne signing in terms of the character of the player - which is a huge plus. And team spirit and a team of characters can take you a long way.

We're all gutted for him and his family, about his dad. So recently. What a shame the old man didn't get to see his boy in a Rams shirt.

But welcome, Ben! Hope you're part of something special at Derby.

13 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Great first signing, very happy with this!

I have backed him from a little kid at Forest and had a feeling he would sign one day.  Dare I say it, I even stuck a few quid on him scoring in THAT game! 

Welcome home Ben, go make your dad even more proud than he already would be!

He has just by putting a ram on his chest instead of that shower of sh*t 🤣, great signing and a great lad 

11 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I don't know how long this move has been on the cards - or when we started talking to him - but I hope his dad knew this was a possibility before he passed away. He would have been chuffed to bits.

From talking to a lot of people I know including Ben himself , it’s been about 3-4 weeks serious interest.

Warne actually contacted him after the season to ask about the contract situation but Ben had originally wanted to re-sign with the blades. However, they were in a mini embargo as they were in talks for a new owner so couldn’t offer new deals. Ben and my mate who own the Lonely Boy in Borrowash then went to scout a new celebrity-exclusive bar in the Algarve and Warne texted him daily and even asked if he’d like a special montage for his family e.g. a tribute thing for his dad. He really liked warnes down to earth approach and Ben’s very grounded so I guess the personalities clicked. 

Osbourne in, Hourihane out. 

Net age change: -3 

This is one way of reducing the age of the squad. We still need experience. 

Waghorn replaced with Jackson: -4 

Smith replaced by one of the lads we’ve been linked with: at least -7 

Gayle replaced by Yates: -7 

14 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

From talking to a lot of people I know including Ben himself , it’s been about 3-4 weeks serious interest.

Warne actually contacted him after the season to ask about the contract situation but Ben had originally wanted to re-sign with the blades. However, they were in a mini embargo as they were in talks for a new owner so couldn’t offer new deals. Ben and my mate who own the Lonely Boy in Borrowash then went to scout a new celebrity-exclusive bar in the Algarve and Warne texted him daily and even asked if he’d like a special montage for his family e.g. a tribute thing for his dad. He really liked warnes down to earth approach and Ben’s very grounded so I guess the personalities clicked. 

I take it these friends of yours are ok with you blurting out details of their transfer dealings/potential business ventures etc on t'everlasting t'internet?

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I take it these friends of yours are ok with you blurting out details of their transfer dealings/potential business ventures etc on t'everlasting t'internet?

Yeah as they openly were talking to people at the bar, it’s a really good bar I’ve got to say. 

on a different topic it looks highly likely Ebou might be off the cards

Edited by simmoram1995