Retained List

No issues with this. 

Collo has probably been told he won't be #1, and Sibs may want to look elsewhere if he's not interested in continuing at leftback. 

The rest, Wildsmith is a little disappointing but not unexpected, and we can replace him IMO. Smith, is getting on but would probably have offered him another year, the rest, yeah about what was expected.

Recruitment is vital, but it already was, so nothing really changes there. Just hope we're well into it behind the scenes. Don't want to lose the advantage of automatic promotion by then fannying about on signings.

7 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Was told in January from a source previously reliable, Jack Thompson was going to be our number 1 next season no matter which league we were in. Make of it what you will. But may explain the Wildsmith thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think everyone who has watched him rates him highly, and I'm usually the one shouting from the rooftops to give the youngsters  more of a chance... but I would be shocked if he is first choice. Even being 2md choice would be a surprise without him going out on loan first

I wasn't convinced with Wildsmith, not a bad keeper but not a great one either. Next season's keeper is likely to be more involved and a better keeper would be welcome.

The new keeper's distribution needs to be better as will his decision making when coming out for the ball. I would like someone who dominates his area a bit more as well.

Wildsmith gave away 2 poor penalties last season coming out to meet a player on the edge of the box, also the incorrect sending off was due to rash decision to spread himself whilst outside the area, it was only luck that the ball hit him in the chest. Whilst in with the home fans at Cambridge, I saw and heard both Nelson and Bradley screaming at him to come and take the ball, both players having to clear the ball for throw ins in a dangerous situation in the end.

Oh, for a 'Mart Poom' out there.

Now we know what we are working with and just the scale of the job: potentially up to 14 new signings depending Sibs and Collins, potentially more if players leave (like Vickers is rumoured to be). 

Big job. I’m happy with how it played out and hopefully the ambition of the club to kick on.

I like that Warne has been quite ruthless though, gives him more budget space to bring in his own style of players which the likes of Waggy, Smith n Hourihane werent.

We have 17 first team players, 18 if you include Brown. But id say Brown, Rooney, Robinson & Fornah need a loan so thats down to 14 really so thats at least 12 new signings needed imo.

We are clearly very short on numbers now for GK, CM & FWD.

Incomings needed if Collins & Sibley dont renew - 

GK - 2

LB/LWB - 1

CM - 5

W - 1

FWD - 3

Id probably say 1 more centre back if we play a back 3

32 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The 17 year old ?! Yeah righto

Just passing on what I was told. As a 36 year old married bloke, can safely say becoming an ITK warrior strangely doesn’t appeal to me 😂 Does Clowes have a well documented 4 year Championship plan? (Y) Do we crave to develop players with re-sale value? (Y) Is Jack Thompson incredibly highly rated, having been linked with top 6 Premier League sides during the last 12 months? (Y) Maybe you shouldn’t be so instantly dismissive. May be crossed wires from the source, but then again maybe not 🙃

6 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

The wages of the players we've let go combined are probably well over 40k a week, Lots of wiggle room especially with more revenue coming in

‘Erd anything BT 😊