Retained List

42 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. His level is league 1 in my opinion.

I understand we should be harsh moving up to the champ, but sibley is a ram through and through, rarely injured and always gives 100% aswell as being able to cover a number of positions and roles. He is still only 22 and to replace desire, hard work and potential in today’s market can be costly. Definitely should be trying to keep him. 

28 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I understand we should be harsh moving up to the champ, but sibley is a ram through and through, rarely injured and always gives 100% aswell as being able to cover a number of positions and roles. He is still only 22 and to replace desire, hard work and potential in today’s market can be costly. Definitely should be trying to keep him. 

He's already had two seasons in the championship where he was mostly excellent,he will actually be better in a league where there is a little more football played imo

36 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

He posted on Instagram that he’s off back packing around Thailand… maybe we should offer him enough money so he can afford to stay in hotels 

It seems to be a rite of passage for many youngsters these days, even the well-off ones.

On 22/05/2024 at 09:51, jimtastic56 said:

Sibley has divided opinion with us Rams fans . My view for what it’s worth - Sibley will start more Championship games next season than Bird .

You could well be right on that. 

On 22/05/2024 at 08:51, jimtastic56 said:

Sibley has divided opinion with us Rams fans . My view for what it’s worth - Sibley will start more Championship games next season than Bird . Hope it’s with us .( give me pelters next season if I am wrong )

My worry with Manning and Bird is that he could go back to being a passive midfielder again. Like Barlaser, Warne took on a technically gifted player and made him more impactful - and out of all our players, it was Bird who Warne improved the most. I think he would've been better off at Derby, both financially and otherwise. I'm still surprised at why he moved so quick to Bristol, who is a good club in a nice area, but there's a lot about that move that I don't like. Bristol, Preston and Cardiff are three teams who are established but also very apathetic towards their club. It creates a negative environment. Bird could've got a move to a better club IMO.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

My worry with Manning and Bird is that he could go back to being a passive midfielder again. Like Barlaser, Warne took on a technically gifted player and made him more impactful - and out of all our players, it was Bird who Warne improved the most. I think he would've been better off at Derby, both financially and otherwise. I'm still surprised at why he moved so quick to Bristol, who is a good club in a nice area, but there's a lot about that move that I don't like. Bristol, Preston and Cardiff are three teams who are established but also very apathetic towards their club. It creates a negative environment. Bird could've got a move to a better club IMO.

Jeez what is it with Bird 🤣 getting passes for going missing in future matches now. And for a different club. Just give him the ballon d’or already. I do wonder if he will get the same protection from Bristol fans. Maybe it will all be Knights fault again or Joe Williams?

17 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Jeez what is it with Bird 🤣 getting passes for going missing in future matches now. And for a different club. Just give him the ballon d’or already. I do wonder if he will get the same protection from Bristol fans. Maybe it will all be Knights fault again or Joe Williams?

No doubting that Knight and Bird are good footballers, but their impact is questionable. Still, Bristol picking both of them up for less than £5m is great business - although I suspect their wages will be high. Both do have a tendency of playing safe, though, which is frustrating. I just worry Manning is not the right man for them, Warne was able to work with both of them to make them more impactful in games. Knight is liked at Bristol but you can’t have his output in the 10 position. It’s never going to work. 

On 22/05/2024 at 09:35, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's already had two seasons in the championship where he was mostly excellent,he will actually be better in a league where there is a little more football played imo

I think it’s stretching it a bit to say he was excellent in the Championship.  He started well with 5 goals in 11 appearances.  Over the next 2 seasons he scored 2 goals (1 in each) and started a combined 21 games.  I know Rooney didn’t really rate him, but to say he was excellent isn’t right.

He may play better in the Championship now he’s a bit more mature.  Personally, if he hadn’t come through the academy with those stats, I don’t think there’d quite be the clamour for him be starting games and staying.  A number of managers haven’t rated him and arguably, Warne has got the best out of him since his immediate impact.  At some point he needs to realise his potential.  He may also have to realise that his preferred position, may not be his best position.

If I was him, no way would I consider dropping a division as it would be a backward step.  If it’s a choice between Derby and Rotherham, he’d be better off knuckling down and playing well in the Championship than L1.