Retained List

4 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

As the dust starts to settle on an amazing day when do we expect to see the retained list? Particularly interested to see if Sibbs and Wildsmith have been offered new contracts.

I think we’ll see/hear confirmation of those extending deals and those leaving quite quickly. With our league status now confirmed, plans for next season can be firmly put in place.

10 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

We have to offer Sibs and Wildsmith new deals for me. 

Agreed. I loved how sibley ran into the crowd as many ran off the pitch (not knocking those who did but more impressed how sibley went in). He wants success for us so I’d have him in even if he isnt as effective as he has been the last couple of months. As for wildsmith, as a goalie myself I like his style. He dominates the box which a few ex Derby keepers haven’t. He makes the odd mistake but which Derby player hasn’t this season. The golden glove is down to him AND the 2/3 in front of him but he is a good keeper. Not prem quality so he should swallow some pride and stay on.

21 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

We have to offer Sibs and Wildsmith new deals for me. 

Agree with those two, there’s a couple of others I’d like to see offered deals as well, overall I’d go with extending the following players’ contracts;

Wildsmith

Sibley

Smith

Thompson

Robinson

Barkhuizen

Collins

They’d give us some continuity and squad depth alongside those contracted beyond the summer, then we could add some shiny new players to strengthen further.

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And sign Adams!!!

I think we will.  Every fan wants him too - and I cannot conceive how Clowes would think any different.  The trouble is we don't want to appear too desperate in case Cardiff jack up the price.

But, £8m TV money extra - we have the funds from secure income.

Edited by CBX1985

Out of the players who have a contract, we’ve got 4 that are first team players in the Championship.

GK - 

CB - Cashin

CB - Nelson

CB - 

RWB - Nyambe

LWB -

CDM -

CDM -

RW - Mendez-Laing

LW -

CF -

Subs/reserves - Vickers, Bradley, Rooney, Ward, Wilson, Elder, Fornah, Blackett-Taylor, Washington

I suspect the likes of Fornah and Washington will get moved on.

Offer new deals to: Wildsmith, Sibley, Thompson, Adams, Gayle, Collins

Release: Loach, Forsyth, Hourihane, Smith, Barkhuizen, Waghorn

That’d leave us with 17 players, 5 first team if we’re able to sign Adams and the need for 7 new first team signings.

Edited by YoxallRam

1 hour ago, baiano27 said:

Agreed. I loved how sibley ran into the crowd as many ran off the pitch (not knocking those who did but more impressed how sibley went in). He wants success for us so I’d have him in even if he isnt as effective as he has been the last couple of months. As for wildsmith, as a goalie myself I like his style. He dominates the box which a few ex Derby keepers haven’t. He makes the odd mistake but which Derby player hasn’t this season. The golden glove is down to him AND the 2/3 in front of him but he is a good keeper. Not prem quality so he should swallow some pride and stay on.

I agree. Sibley bleeds black and white and we need to keep characters like this in our sqaud. It also shows those in the academy what you can go to achieve.

Wildsmith is a fantastic stop stopper and a massive part of the best defence in the league this year. I feel he would be a solid keeper in the championship.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agree with those two, there’s a couple of others I’d like to see offered deals as well, overall I’d go with extending the following players’ contracts;

Wildsmith

Sibley

Smith

Thompson

Robinson

Barkhuizen

Collins

They’d give us some continuity and squad depth alongside those contracted beyond the summer, then we could add some shiny new players to strengthen further.

I agree with all of the above especially Sibley, Wildsmith, Thompson and Collins. Smith would also be a solid versatile sqaud option. As for Barkhuizen it would depend on his wage demands.

It's important we keep the team cohesion so we can't and shouldn't go silly replacing most of the team.

49 minutes ago, YoxallRam said:

Out of the players who have a contract, we’ve got 4 that are first team players in the Championship.

GK - 

CB - Cashin

CB - Nelson

CB - 

RWB - Nyambe

LWB -

CDM -

CDM -

RW - Mendez-Laing

LW -

CF -

Subs/reserves - Vickers, Bradley, Rooney, Ward, Wilson, Elder, Fornah, Blackett-Taylor, Washington

I suspect the likes of Fornah and Washington will get moved on.

Offer new deals to: Wildsmith, Sibley, Thompson, Adams, Gayle, Collins

Release: Loach, Forsyth, Hourihane, Smith, Barkhuizen, Waghorn

That’d leave us with 17 players, 5 first team if we’re able to sign Adams and the need for 7 new first team signings.

Suspect Nyambe will more likely be a CB. Not quite good enough going forward. Ward and Wilson the two RWBs

Keep  Nelson, cashin , nyambe, Adams, ward, Wilson 

Out ......Collins, Washington, hourihane, bird , forsyth, Bradley,  

Can go if they want .......elder, Sidley, wildsmith, vickers, gayle, Smith, Thomson, barks, mendez laing ( getting older ) , 

We NEED a brand new team !! . Major surgery needed . 

Edited by NottsRammy

Personally 

left already 

bird 

Retain 

wildsmith ( I think he might explore his options) 

collo ( back up option)

tommo ( ship on loan)

sibley ( rotation)

release 

Hourihane 

forsyth 

smith 

loach 

barks 

Gayle 

sell

wash

First signing 

Adams 

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

Wildsmith told us at the Supporters' do that he hadn't been offered a contract, yet Radio Derby keep saying that he's turned the offer down.

One isn't telling the truth because both can't be right.

I suspect he wouldn’t feel comfortable telling you lot he’d turned one down to be fair 😂 

I think he’d want some guarantees about who starts next season as number 1. I think he’s earned it but we know Vickers is Warnes guy. 

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Keep  Nelson, cashin , nyambe, Adams, ward, Wilson 

Out ......Collins, Washington, hourihane, bird , forsyth, Bradley,  

Can go if they want .......elder, Sidley, wildsmith, vickers, gayle, Smith, Thomson, barks, mendez laing ( getting older ) , 

We NEED a brand new team !! . Major surgery needed . 

Someone's woke up with a hangover.... 😅

Seriously though, I agree there will be quite a lot of ins/outs but feel that Warne will want to keep the core of the team together.

Adams is a must buy.

Imo, I think that also means deals for Collo, Thommo, Sibs, Wildsmith and Smith, possibly even Fozzy if he's happy to play a bit part role. 

Can see Hourihane, Waggy, Barks leaving on frees with fornah and Washington on loans/nominal fees. Don't think we'll see TJJ or Gayle back although I would entertain Gayle if he proved fitness over the summer. 

Get Brown and Robinson out on L1/L2 loans

Lots of short memories here from the people wanting to release Fozzy. It’s barely a matter of weeks since his 90 minutes against Bolton did arguably as much as any other performance by any other player at any point in the season to get us promoted.

Sure, he’s getting on and may no longer be a starter in the Championship, but it takes more than eleven players to see out a season and I can’t see him letting us down.