Retained List

I know we were very keen on Edmundson last summer and again when Cashin was due to go their on loan after his Brighton move went through.  I expect Ipswich to step back in for Cashin if they go up.  I believe we're still keen on Edmundson so a makeweight or other fee signing wouldn't surprise.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I know we were very keen on Edmundson last summer and again when Cashin was due to go their on loan after his Brighton move went through.  I expect Ipswich to step back in for Cashin if they go up.  I believe we're still keen on Edmundson so a makeweight or other fee signing wouldn't surprise.

Cashin was due to go to Ipswich on loan? I completely missed that one - is that right? 

Some have commented on the poor start Bradley made and I can't disagree but those first 2 or 3 home games there was a total lack of understanding in the back 3 and for me, Nelson was as much at fault as Bradley - all too often it was a case of "after you Claude". Apart from his red card aberration he has more than done enough to be brought back into the team.

I would release Waghorn, Hourihane, Gayle, JJ & Loach and try to move on Washington, Fornah & Elder.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

He's a left back Conor Sammon. Bit of an athlete, tragic footballer.

Agree, I wouldn’t be desperate for him to stay in league one let alone the championship. Looks nervy all the time

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Some have commented on the poor start Bradley made and I can't disagree but those first 2 or 3 home games there was a total lack of understanding in the back 3 and for me, Nelson was as much at fault as Bradley - all too often it was a case of "after you Claude". Apart from his red card aberration he has more than done enough to be brought back into the team.

I would release Waghorn, Hourihane, Gayle, JJ & Loach and try to move on Washington, Fornah & Elder.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with Bradley starting games. He has his use, mainly attacking set pieces. But he's slow as hell, tentative and his first thought is to wrestle.

He apparently played well away at Cambridge but I didn't watch that game. From the games I've watched, he's done well when we've not been asked to defend which isn't exactly a good measuring stick.

34 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Cashin was due to go to Ipswich on loan? I completely missed that one - is that right? 

Bit of a long one mate.  In a nutshell, on deadline day Brighton were signing him and sending him out on loan.  Derby insisted on having him back but Brighton had already agreed a loan to Blackburn or Ipswich.  Derby weren't to chuffed but relented and agreed to Ipswich if we could have Edmundson on a season long.  Ipswich said no, so we said no and Brighton agreed to send Cashin back to us for the season but too late in the day.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Elder is a lucky charm, if nothing else.

Promoted in 17/18 with Wigan 98pts, 29 goals conceded.
Promoted in 20/21 with Hull 89pts, 38 goals conceded.
Promoted in 23/24 with Derby 92pts, 37 goals conceded.

He might be a player who has a small market, but ultimately he's our only left back at present. 

Seems to be a pattern as promoted every 3 years. Hopefully we have an option for a further year!!

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Barkhuizens wife seemed to hint at him already signing on for us on tiktok 

It would be interesting to know the terms of that one. He's had a good season for us, but always felt a bit-part player who has struggled to hold his place down. I'd assume it's an automatic extension due to promotion - an additional year (maybe) at increased terms?

I can't see him featuring much next season and if he does then the summer hasn't gone to plan. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It would be interesting to know the terms of that one. He's had a good season for us, but always felt a bit-part player who has struggled to hold his place down. I'd assume it's an automatic extension due to promotion - an additional year (maybe) at increased terms?

I can't see him featuring much next season and if he does then the summer hasn't gone to plan. 

I like him.  He has quick thought, finds space and can carry a ball.  I don't think the forwards we've had bar Gayle are as quick on the uptake to get in position and he has too slow down.  I think he went through a period in 22/23 where he had a great 4 0r 5 weeks after Christmas then inexplicably lost his place to Dobbin, which seemed to effect his play when he came on.  For me that seriously hampered our play off bid. Handy to have in the squad.

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Think your right, BBC radio derby seemed to think he had an extension clause in his contract also.

Decent fringe player to have as he works hard and plays left or right wing or wing back. 

12 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Think your right, BBC radio derby seemed to think he had an extension clause in his contract also.

Decent fringe player to have as he works hard and plays left or right wing or wing back. 

I quite like him in the playing off the striker role with NML. He’s quick, got good awareness and positioning. 

He also has a knack of making key contributions, despite sometimes not looking to involved. He definitely works well when we’re set up to counter attack.

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I doubt that Cashin will ever play in the Prem due to his lack of speed . I was at the Lincoln away game when L1 strikers made him look like he was treading water . Hope I am wrong -time will tell.

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I doubt that Cashin will ever play in the Prem due to his lack of speed . I was at the Lincoln away game when L1 strikers made him look like he was treading water . Hope I am wrong -time will tell.

He had a tendency to start every game like a bull in a china shop and get get very close to his player without computing.  He's actually started to play more how you'd see a sweeper, picking up players rather than man marking which suits him better.  It appears he has decent footwork which is always the template to start from if he steps up.

11 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

More footballing teams, better pitches, could the move to the Championship help some players like Barks?

I don't know.  Appears that Forest have turned their pitch into the Sahara desert in an attempt to slow things down and allow 300 million quids worth of players the chance to catch up. Positively Cambridge even outside League 1.  

Cashin is a special player, but quick strikers are always going to give him pause for thought. I'm not at all worried about his ability to step up to the Championship and I'm positive he will be one of the best centre backs in the league, but at the next level it could be difficult for him.

Joe Taylor, who did give him fits and is the only player in the league to do so this season, is going to be a player who I suspect will have a very fruitful season at Championship level next season if Luton are relegated or on loan somewhere. In terms of strikers I've seen at League One, the likes of Alfie May is an accomplished poacher but lacks quickness to really impact at the next level. Joe Taylor on the limited bits I've seen seems to have that quickness. 

5 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I like Barks as a player and a person. Very honest lad. Earnt himself an extension imo.

Going up we need to retain leaders so Collo and Sonny are a priority. Its not all about the 11 that go out on the pitch.

I'm of a different mindset where you typically want younger, typically more cheaper players on the fringes of the team pushing the first team. 

Collins, Smith & Barkhuizen to me were three players that have played their part and ultimately I'd like to see us replace with younger players. All three will be on 'Championship wages' so to speak - if we keep all three of them on then that's fine. They can contribute. I just doubt their impactful at the next level. 

All three could be better suited to the bigger League One clubs being paid well to play every week.