End of season celebrations.

3 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Nothing would be more derbyesque than a 40 page argument about how we should be allowed to celebrate before promptly losing to Cambridge and Carlisle. Why don’t we simply not worry about it and act accordingly when/if the time happens. And by accordingly I mean alcohol. 

Indeed. Mods should lock this thread, discussion and promotion of illegal activity is not appropriate on this forum imo.

3 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Everyone stay in their seats...if we're promoted(of course)Carlisle players go over to their supporters, DCFC players congregate around the tunnel then let Carlisle leave the field of play, DCFC players applaud all fans with a "lap of runners up honour" then go into the centre circle and start the bounce.

The word "invasion" is what it is, There's people who want to see the players do the above, With an "invasion" players will not be allowed to come out until the pitch is cleared...by this time lots of fans have left the stadium to go and get pissed or home to hug their partner.

KEEP OFF THE FCUCKING PITCH

PS...I'll be in the Rifleman(Belper)watching on my Sky Go App 👍 

I think you have some experience of this. 😉 KEEP OFF THE FCUCKING PITCH

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Parading a promotion trophy sounds like the basis for a lot of p*ss-taking...

I honestly didn't know such a thing existed!  Probably because past recipients are a tad embarrassed.  🤣
Still, no different to a silver at the olympics, I guess!  🤷‍♂️

From Google... Bolton with the trophy earned for a L1 second place/auto promotion to The Championship in 2017...

_95848969_bolton_rex.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39682808

5 hours ago, old tray boy said:

The Club have issued a statement regarding the possibility of criminal proceedings to any fans who encroach onto the pitch after final game .Should we gain promotion and get out of this awful League 1 after all of the ups and downs over the last few years l would have thought a simple gesture of letting the long suffering supporters celebrate and applaud the players is perfectly acceptable .Pompey fans assembled on the pitch last week after promotion was gained and created a fantastic spectacle.Why are Rams fans denied the opportunity after all it was common practice even in the great Clough era.The Club cites H&S worries and seems to forget that we are adults and do not need wrapping in cotton wool thank you very much.As a Club we have had little to celebrate in recent years ,Powers that be chill and let the supporters celebrate and thank the players in the time honoured way.

What it prevents is a 'lap of honour', which is the way the players show their appreciation.

When we lost at Hull, one of their 'fans' lamped Keogh, so I can understand the club being anti-pitch invasion.

4 hours ago, DB83 said:

I don’t know why anyone is even thinking about this given that there may well be absolutely nothing to celebrate by the end of the season.

Four more weeks of the season?

5 hours ago, old tray boy said:

...The Club cites H&S worries and seems to forget that we are adults and do not need wrapping in cotton wool thank you very much...

Although I imagine that the club wouldn't admit this publicly, I strongly suspect that when citing Health and Safety, it's not "we" they are thinking about.  The safety of two lots of players, two lots of club officials, and a gang of match officials, on the other hand...

Not everyone on the pitch will behave like "an adult"!  Sadly!

Get the sense people just like to judge other fans, anyone who’s watched any football in the last ten years will know there will be a pitch invasion if we are promoted.

didn’t even occur to me that was a potential negative until I came on here!

I don’t really care what happens to be honest as long as we’re promoted!

1 hour ago, MickD said:

I think you have some experience of this. 😉 KEEP OFF THE FCUCKING PITCH

In my defence your honour, I got lost on the way to the Gents 😁

image.png

Edited by Ram-Alf

If we go up on the last game I'm on the pitch - I don't believe it's beyond the army of stewards they employ all year for no apparent reason to usher the players off safely - not that I think that would be needed. 

2 hours ago, DB83 said:

Indeed. Mods should lock this thread, discussion and promotion of illegal activity is not appropriate on this forum imo.

Sorry to disappoint fella but half of us will be on the pitch as well.

rammed sheep GIF

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

If we go up on the last game I'm on the pitch - I don't believe it's beyond the army of stewards they employ all year for no apparent reason to usher the players off safely - not that I think that would be needed. 

Oh, you reckon?

3 hours ago, trappatoni said:

You give your game away, its just self-indulgent nonsense. As a supporter since since 1960 and having seen the best and worst of times  I have never felt the need or desire to go on the pitch. As has been said, allowing the players a lap of honour allows all fans to show their appreciation

Getting a trophy for finishing second in the league and then celebrating it is very much the definition of ‘tinpot’. And you’d better believe most of us will be celebrating it with pride. After all we’ve been through as a club, we’re should enjoy any and every small (or large) victory we can in our own way.

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

You give your game away, its just self-indulgent nonsense. As a supporter since since 1960 and having seen the best and worst of times  I have never felt the need or desire to go on the pitch. As has been said, allowing the players a lap of honour allows all fans to show their appreciation

It's a celebration - the players come over to the fans literally every game.   Fans are treated as an inconvenience by football far too much these days.   If you don't want to go on the pitch fine but it's sad if you can't enjoy other people celebrating.