End of season celebrations.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

"Martin" Roper, Alf, but yes, I'd heard he was re-opening it as more of a "wet" pub (i.e no meals as such, just snacks) because the Devonshire was so popular.

Yep memory loss 

The Dev is more of a restaurant, We moved in there when the Rifleman shut, But getting a table was a pain, So used outside...in winter 🥶

Then moved onto the Railway on Kings St

They've done a very good job of the decor, And yes...only snacks...ie cheese board, Bowls of chips n the like 

16 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Opened again last Saturday after being closed since August, The owners are the same people that own the Exeter, The Silk Mill and the Devonshire, Mark Roper who was in the band Anti Pasti is one of the owners, My Daughter knows him.

My next door neighbours on Cherry tree avenue were called Roper. Phil I seem to remember.  Could be a relative maybe.

55 minutes ago, davenportram said:

With the state of the pitch I’m doubtful it would recover by next season

With the state of the pitch I doubt I would recover if I went on it.

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

... PS...I'll be in the Rifleman(Belper)watching on my Sky Go App 👍 

58 minutes ago, Rev said:

Will you do shots to celebrate?

13 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

...I don't do shots, Just on the lash all day...

1.  Go back and check out the words in bold.
2.  Then go and say sorry to @Rev, for missing an absolutely cracking rifle-related pun.  If you don't, you're gunner look a right pillock!  

Edited by Mucker1884

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

My next door neighbours on Cherry tree avenue were called Roper. Phil I seem to remember.  Could be a relative maybe.

I live in Stenson Fields the other side of Derby...so a 2 bus trip to Belper, As for Phil being a relative 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, old tray boy said:

The Club have issued a statement regarding the possibility of criminal proceedings to any fans who encroach onto the pitch after final game .Should we gain promotion and get out of this awful League 1 after all of the ups and downs over the last few years l would have thought a simple gesture of letting the long suffering supporters celebrate and applaud the players is perfectly acceptable .Pompey fans assembled on the pitch last week after promotion was gained and created a fantastic spectacle.Why are Rams fans denied the opportunity after all it was common practice even in the great Clough era.The Club cites H&S worries and seems to forget that we are adults and do not need wrapping in cotton wool thank you very much.As a Club we have had little to celebrate in recent years ,Powers that be chill and let the supporters celebrate and thank the players in the time honoured way.

I'm happy to risk criminal proceedings.

A slight tone deaf statement given all the crap the fans have endured. Would be fitting for the kids to celebrate on the pitch.

We might help flatten down the grass too.

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

If anyone doesn’t think fans will be on the pitch if we get promoted they’re delusional!

hopefully is no issues with Carlisle fans or players and everyone just enjoys it!!

i’ve been waiting years for this promotion!!

That bold bit is where the problem lies, imo.

I envisage the majority of the attendance (22k+) will scuttle off home having not had the chance to thank/congratulate/celebrate with the people that matter... players and staff.

Shame really... but utterly not unexpected.  

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That bold bit is where the problem lies, imo.

I envisage the majority of the attendance (22k+) will scuttle off home having not had the chance to thank/congratulate/celebrate with the people that matter... players and staff.

Shame really... but utterly not unexpected.  

Sort of get your point but is a lot of us who’ve got 15 years invested in this team!! A promotion is long overdue 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

1.  Ain't nobody gonna be returning to their seats in time for a well spectated lap of honour.
2.  Ain't nobody gonna be seeing any form of a trophy being lifted at Pride Park Stadium within the next 12 months at the very least... unless we get our hands back on the BCT next season!

Why not? The club has a loud enough PA system to get messages across to the fans. Also the LED boards…

Teams who finish second in League 1 get a ‘promotion trophy’.

Edited by Jourdan

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why not? The club has a loud enough PA system to get messages across to the fans. Also the LED boards…

Teams who finish second in League 1 get a ‘promotion trophy’.

A/  They also have a website, X Accounts, and access to media to advise BEFOREHAND, not to do it in the first place, and yet there are enough hints on the internet to suggest it's highly likely to be ignored.  What makes you think their pleas would be heeded second time around, when emotions are running so much higher? 🤷‍♂️

B/  I never knew that, and stand corrected.  🍻

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

A/  They also have a website, X Accounts, and access to media to advise BEFOREHAND, not to do it in the first place, and yet there are enough hints on the internet to suggest it's highly likely to be ignored.  What makes you think their pleas would be heeded second time around, when emotions are running so much higher? 🤷‍♂️

B/  I never knew that, and stand corrected.  🍻

Parading a promotion trophy sounds like the basis for a lot of p*ss-taking...

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Sort of get your point but is a lot of us who’ve got 15 years invested in this team!! A promotion is long overdue 

Indeed... and a lot of us who would like to share the celebration with the players and club staff (And particularly a certain Mr Clowes, I'd imagine)... which usually comes in the form of a "Lap of honour"... which have been known to suffer a last minute cancellation in the past, due to too many (unauthorised) folk meandering about on the pitch!

Whatever transpires, I strongly suspect that the old adage about not being able to please everyone will get a passing mention.