Mel Sage

11 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Is it a tiny bit harsh to suggest that Mel had had a couple of tinctures before his chat on the Pitch at HT?

We said the same.

Purely medicinal I’m sure 

4 hours ago, S8TY said:

seen Mel a few times near where I live and played in a 5 a side with him he's still decent .....drives a taxi now , very quiet is Mel but spoke fondly of his time at Derby 

Got a taxi in Gillingham whilst working down there a few years ago. We had just won 6-0 v Sunderland in the league cup. Got chatting to the driver and he mentioned he was going to see Derby play on the Saturday v Man U, his son was Mel Sage. We won 2-0 if i remember correctly.

I remember going to see a pre season friendly after Mel had signed. We had been used to head tennis, boot it and chase it footballers for a few seasons but when Mel got the ball he put his foot on it, stopped and looked up. He played with his head up, not looking down at the ball.

I knew then we had made a step change forward and were going places. Lovely to see you Mel

12 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Was surprised to hear it was his first ever visit to PPS. Which was the only bit of the HT interview I could understand. 

I sit in the East Stand and the public address system is abysmal - potentially a serious issue should there ever be an emergency evacuation.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Was surprised to hear it was his first ever visit to PPS. Which was the only bit of the HT interview I could understand. 

Same here. Me and kids were wondering why the announcer was totally clear but @sage nearly impossible to hear.