Mel Sage

16 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Always found it really annoying that in the 88/89 season review video they missed his goal against Wimbledon 😡

I have the VHS cassette of that season and yep they missed such a rarity. Poor Mel! 

17 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Was surprised to hear it was his first ever visit to PPS. Which was the only bit of the HT interview I could understand. 

We’ve had a few ex-players as guests who love the club so much that they have virtually never been back since they left. Curious, that.

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

We’ve had a few ex-players as guests who love the club so much that they have virtually never been back since they left. Curious, that.

I've heard of one or two players who are unhappy that they don't get invited back enough, but some of them expect freebies every time. 

I have a certain sympathy for the players from the 70s and before, but after that, we paid good wages, and probably have less money to spend on this sort of thing than we did prior to administration. How many ex-players have we? Something like 1800, although many no longer with us.

I like that we invite people back when there's a reason e.g. anniversary of a promotion etc but otherwise, most players could afford to pay for their day in hospitality!

Not saying Mel Sage falls into this category, btw, and it was good to see him.  We were the highest level he played career-wise, so he probably deserves his day out.