George Thorne Saga 2.0

Never fall in love with a loan player they say. Ebou with another solid performance tonight, completely changed us for the better since he arrived.

What's he worth, what would Cardiff want for him and what could we afford to pay? I think we're in for a long summer thread again!

Edited by YouRams

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

*tin helmet on*

He’s provided midfield balance but would be a squad player if we were promoted 

Have to disagree, I've not watched much championship football the last couple of seasons but he looks just what we've missed in both leagues over the last few seasons. No nonsense win the ball and let the players further up do what they're good at, he'd be top of my list in the summer.

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

*tin helmet on*

He’s provided midfield balance but would be a squad player if we were promoted 

Getting someone who can do what he can do and also be excellent on the ball would require some amazing recruitment and/or an awful lot of money.  

I love centre midfield players that have the ability to be ‘there’ and he has it in an abundance. It’s a great trait and transferable at every level. 

It’s a different kettle of fish to Gorgeous George who had limitless ability and could do things I’ve never seen a Derby player do, but at the level we are at Ebou is a great alternate. Fantastic from the recruitment staff who deserve their credit on this one.

Until last night I thought him a defensive barndoor but he’s clearly on a wavelength with Dwight and so also a rangey passer with 2 exquisite passes to set up goal-scoring openings. Would definitely cut it at Championship level and hope he comes permanently for next season. He clearly loves it here and that counts for a lot. Get him signed. 

27 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

It genuinely is the same situation. Pointed this out to a friend a few weeks back. 

The only optimistic thing to note is the DCFC twitter account tweeting about 'Don't fall in love with a loan player' a few weeks back which a few interpreted as being a coy way of hinting they may be a permanent clause in the deal? 

1 minute ago, Charlie George said:

Adams has done well and added value,but let's be right about it,he's not in the same universe as GT34. George was England class. A player who was on a different level to anything we've seen at PP since Eranio.

Two points here:

1) The thread is only named this because of when we tried to sign George after his loan, the transfer thread was 100s of pages and it was an ongoing obsession for months. Nothing to do with the respective abilities of George and Ebou

2) We're a League One club with League One players.

We’re just getting him fully match fit for Cardiff next season. He’s had a tough time there with injuries keeping him out of all of last season so I’d be surprised to see Cardiff let us have him cheap, or even going rate. They’ll know how much we want him so unless we’re had over a barrel again, I can’t see this one happening 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

The only optimistic thing to note is the DCFC twitter account tweeting about 'Don't fall in love with a loan player' a few weeks back which a few interpreted as being a coy way of hinting they may be a permanent clause in the deal? 

Prayer GIF

Hopefully we had a built in optional future fee. Didn't we have the same with Martin, Forsyth and Jamie Ward back in the day under Clough? If not, he'll surely know where his bread is buttered. He didn't get a sniff at Cardiff, had no relationship with their fans, whereas here he's a nailed on starter and loved by the fans. Make it happen Warne and co!