George Thorne Saga 2.0

Didn't the club put out a bit of a cryptic caption about not falling in love with a loan player with a pic of Ebou the other week? I do hope we've negotiated a chance to sign him. He was injured early in his Cardiff career, but didn't get much of a sniff this season (only 4 starts) despite being fit and ready to go based on his matches for us so far.

Player pull is huge, if he has the choice between going back to Cardiff who never really gave him a chance, or playing for us where the fans already love him and will continually play whenever given the chance then we know where he will go. 

The same reason the likes of Warne, NML, Cashin, Bradley etc all signed/stayed with us when they probably could have commanded better money and higher leagues.

Added some great passing to his game last night , get him signed , makes me want to sing Special  Brew by Bad Manners  , "I love you , you`re Ebou , we should spend all our money on you" Oh , hang on , we haven`t got any money ! Who cares, bring on the Trotters 

2 things.

One will be that Cardiff will have been monitoring him and with his performances they'll surely have taken a lot of notice.

and two I really hope that there has been some sort of agreement that a price and sale is on the cards if we get promoted.

I think Adams is just as good at League 1 level as Thorne was at Championship level. 

His massive talent is his positional sense - nearly always in the right place. Add in athleticism, tackling ability and growing ability to pick a pass and we have our best signing of Warne's tenure by some distance. He's also very cool-headed for such an aggressive player.

He looks so at home here. Always 100% effort, always in the middle of the celebrations and loves to get involved in the bounce.

Get him signed.

22 hours ago, cannable said:

*tin helmet on*

He’s provided midfield balance but would be a squad player if we were promoted 

That would be based on an assumption that we would have a significant transfer kitty to recruit superior talent. Not sure that's going to be the situation, financially. 

9 hours ago, Taribo said:

We’re just getting him fully match fit for Cardiff next season. He’s had a tough time there with injuries keeping him out of all of last season so I’d be surprised to see Cardiff let us have him cheap, or even going rate. They’ll know how much we want him so unless we’re had over a barrel again, I can’t see this one happening 

Harsh reality .. true. ……BUT. How long is his contract ? Does he like it here ? … The individuals have choices, he may be under contract but he’s not an indentured serf. Did anyone see him with Warne after last night. ? That wasn’t pretence. He’s loving it. I can see it happening.

Edited by jono