Match Thread: vs Reading (H)

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I do wonder about some on here. We were miles better than them and I lost count of how many cheaty little fouls they put in tonight that weren't carded. We were also the only side that looked like scoring all night. Does anyone really think they deserved a point tonight? I really don't get the mardiness from some quarters. 

We should have been comfortable by half time 2 or 3 nil. Not brilliant, but a decent hard working performance and a deserved win.

Wouldn't have wanted me blood pressure taking near the end mind.

We are nowhere near capable of the dark arts like these sides, where do they learn it? Is it all they work on in training when they are due to play Derby?

Long journey to fill and Mr CBR doesnt talk when driving 🙄

- Dwight just adds that touch of class and he works so hard around their defenders. Really noticed energy reduction up top when he came off

- Also listen to his post match interview on rad derby if you get chance. Extremely complimentary about everything at Derby and the environment PW has created. Seems to be just loving it and it shows

- Barks is like a player reborn - the change in him is immense. Always thought seemed not bothered. Loving him and Gayle together at the moment and takes pressure off Nat

- Robbie Savage singing away to steve bloomer's watching but then moaning away. Scruffy git also. Loved Savage junior's foul throw in front of him

- moment their goalie was signalling for VAR check on penalty was hilarious

- great atmosphere - wasnt expecting such feistiness tonight 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If given the choice between being a team of sh*thouses that get promoted or some nice boys that get to stay in L1 for another season I'd take the promoted sh*thouses every single time.

That point of veiw is fine. Just so long as you calmly accept it and say " Oh well, all part of the game" when it happens to us.

9 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

He was beaten in the air. So what? Do you expect him to win every ball? Their player should not have been able to get in behind, but let's ignore that and hate on Bradley some more shall we? 

The cross took a knock off Sibley so looped into the air, Smiths arm clearly eased Bradley under the ball, Just what Roy MacFarland used to do 👍 

13 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

He was beaten in the air. So what? Do you expect him to win every ball? Their player should not have been able to get in behind, but let's ignore that and hate on Bradley some more shall we? 

Bradley was leaden .....and saying an objective fact doesn't a hater make

Best game of the season.

Endeavour.  Determination.  Hints of proper football.  Team spirit.  Entertainment.  Red Card.  Peno.  3 points.  great atmos.  Nerves.  13 added minutes for that value for money effect.  Baffling in-game drinks break.  (Only now understood, having caught up on this thread).

What's not to like.

🐏

We may have had the rub of the green but only one team deserved to win that game. 5-1 wouldn’t have flattered us. One of the best home performances this season and that is now 3 wins in a row but importantly 3 back to back high level performances right at the business end of the season when we need it. Playing like this, even if it ends up being the playoffs we’ll beat anyone. 

Huge game on Saturday but regardless of their 5-0 win tonight, I’m not worried if we play like that.

Im a very happy Ram right now.

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Long journey to fill and Mr CBR doesnt talk when driving 🙄

- Dwight just adds that touch of class and he works so hard around their defenders. Really noticed energy reduction up top when he came off

- Also listen to his post match interview on rad derby if you get chance. Extremely complimentary about everything at Derby and the environment PW has created. Seems to be just loving it and it shows

- Barks is like a player reborn - the change in him is immense. Always thought seemed not bothered. Loving him and Gayle together at the moment and takes pressure off Nat

- Robbie Savage singing away to steve bloomer's watching but then moaning away. Scruffy git also. Loved Savage junior's foul throw in front of him

- moment their goalie was signalling for VAR check on penalty was hilarious

- great atmosphere - wasnt expecting such feistiness tonight 

Amen to all of those. Especially the goalies VAR request 😀😀😀

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne said Sonny B was ill when he came off. It was great to see Sibley play 98 mins and we didn’t miss Bird . We did get 3 massive decisions go for us but the South stand were brilliant in the second half . We don’t need a Drum ! 

I don't dispute that, I just think given how many times we've been on the receiving end ourselves, I don't get the sack cloth and ashes routine from some fans. We are not a team of s******** merchants, but tonight, Reading very much were. Had they actually tried to play any football, I might have had some sympathy. The also ref bottled an earlier red card as well, which some seem to have forgotten.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

What a super referee. Let the game flow and most importantly gave us every single decision.

He did owe us one considering it was the same guy from Bolton Away(penalty for foul outside the box and later rescinded red car for Wildsmith) and Plymouth last season (gave penalty and apologised to players on pitch as knew got it wrong). 

It’s about time the FA stopped the dark art of goalkeepers faking injury so the manager can give his team a tactical talk. We battered them in the first 10 minutes then their keeper needed treatment for making a save then suddenly all their team headed to the touch line, it was so obvious. We never really got going again for a while. Port Vale did similar thing the last home game.