Dwight Gayle

S8TY

7 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo when we played at their place, (TF).

First game to be fair and he looked excellent.  He looked like he would score and has.  Reminded me of Kevin Phillips when he played for Watford against us .  Missed five great chances but was clearly nerves bur looked a great prospect.  When Sunderland signed him for 500k I was desperate for us to gazump them.  Same with Trippier when he went for the same.

44 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I did make the point questioning whether he would be up to 3 games in a week prior to the Charlton game….

To be fair, he only played just over a game and a half prior to Saturday - 145 minutes in total.

On 16/03/2024 at 21:13, Srg said:

No, other than it being hamstring. Warne said could be anything from 2 weeks to 2 months. 

If it is a hamstring injury,why was he on the pitch joining in after match celebrations,sure it was him, though was wearing a jacket with a hood on

21 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

If it is a hamstring injury,why was he on the pitch joining in after match celebrations,sure it was him, though was wearing a jacket with a hood on

He’s still got to walk. I don’t think he would have done any additional damage and indeed keeping it moving probably helps.  

Let’s hope it doesn’t keep him out for too long.

Speaking to Derbyshire Live after the game, Warne said:

“It depends on how severe it is. It could be two weeks, four weeks, six weeks or eight weeks.

“My personal guess is that it will be four weeks. I have a lot of skills but medicine isn’t my top one. But hopefully, it won’t be too bad.”

Despite the blow, Warne did reveal that he could welcome back a trio of players for the season run-in:

“Tyreece John-Jules was up here for the game on Saturday and they’re now telling me there is a chance he may be fit for the end of the season. That would be a result. Conor Washington is fit and Martyn Waghorn is looking a bit more like it.”