Dwight Gayle

S8TY

I like him a lot already looks a class above in this division 

shows great touches and has surprised me with his link up play and has great movement 

he will definitely score goals if he gets the right service and I think he could be a massive signing for the final run in 

was he insinuating playing padel with his goal celebration at the corner flag ….if so I love it 😂👍🏻

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I like him a lot already looks a class above in this division 

shows great touches and has surprised me with his link up play and has great movement 

he will definitely score goals if he gets the right service and I think he could be a massive signing for the final run in 

was he insinuating playing padel with his goal celebration at the corner flag ….if so I love it 😂👍🏻

Yes, he was. Quality player, just whether we can adapt our play to create chances for him.

I was pleased to see him tearing a strip off NML for not passing to him.

Love our Nate, but he needs the odd reminder! 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, he was. Quality player, just whether we can adapt our play to create chances for him.

I was pleased to see him tearing a strip off NML for not passing to him.

Love our Nate, but he needs the odd reminder! 

That’s the key part isn’t it. If we can adapt to him he’ll be deadly.

I said it a thousand times, Gayles game has changed from the out and out goal scorer that we knew of him years ago. Now its about his intelligence, movement, linkup play. Just like NML and Didzy when he was here, he's got an opportunity to get a good run of games, no real pressure to perform, and allows him to grow in confidence, aswell as building continuity with the rest of the lads. Hes popped up with a goal after 2 appearances and I said that if he can get an early goal in his time here, i reckon the flood gates will open and I stand by that. 

A confident Gayle in this league would walk into any teams starting 11 and I reckon just like NML, we will get the best out of him.

👌 

18 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I said it a thousand times, Gayles game has changed from the out and out goal scorer that we knew of him years ago. Now its about his intelligence, movement, linkup play. Just like NML and Didzy when he was here, he's got an opportunity to get a good run of games, no real pressure to perform, and allows him to grow in confidence, aswell as building continuity with the rest of the lads. Hes popped up with a goal after 2 appearances and I said that if he can get an early goal in his time here, i reckon the flood gates will open and I stand by that. 

A confident Gayle in this league would walk into any teams starting 11 and I reckon just like NML, we will get the best out of him.

👌

Thought there were shades on Didzy in his play in the 2nd half. Coming a bit deeper to demand the ball in the inside left channel. He’s a class signing in L1.

On 04/03/2024 at 13:18, DiggerB said:

Thought there were shades on Didzy in his play in the 2nd half. Coming a bit deeper to demand the ball in the inside left channel. He’s a class signing in L1.

Exactly what my sons and I were discussing during the game, suddenly we had someone finding space and wanting the ball very much like Didzy. Hopefully will be the catalyst to see us finish the season well.

Is it a bit premature to suggest the song for DG might be the chorus from All Dwight Now by Free?

All Dwight now baby, it's all Dwight now
All Dwight now baby, it's all Dwight now

Derby, Derby, Derby it's all Dwight, Dwight Dwight, Dwight

On 04/03/2024 at 12:58, SK47 said:

👌

And I have told you a million times, not to exaggerate 

Am happy to say Gayle been far better than I expected him to be! Has a lot of good touches. Was always going to be a good finisher. Looks pretty fit and still reasonably quick as well.

3 at the back working well currently, may get to a point in games where we go to a four and then two up front. Gayle think would be better with a partner up front.

Gayle oozes class and intelligence and you have to think if he enjoys the next few months at the club that we could potentially extend his deal into next season.

If we can get him fit and in full flow, he would be an excellent building block for the squad next year no matter what league we are in.

15 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Gayle oozes class and intelligence and you have to think if he enjoys the next few months at the club that we could potentially extend his deal into next season.

If we can get him fit and in full flow, he would be an excellent building block for the squad next year no matter what league we are in.

Was saying the same thing after the game on Saturday , fitness is the big thing but if he achieves that then it’s a no brainer to me the guy oozes class