Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A Flukey win would be their keeper attempting a clearance that rebounds off a retreating Barkhuizen’s backside and into the net. A Flukey win would be the intake of breath from the South Stand prior to belting out a hymn about Mendez-Laing’s impressive physique sucking the ball into the goal, a Flukey win would have been them scoring an own goal.

We defended our goal, and changed from about 60 mins onwards to attack until we scored a winner. Smith played the pass to NML, Smith who was subbed on to change the shape of the side to free Max Bird in midfield and move Wilson to his natural rwb role. Sibley scored the goal having been brought on as one of the forward players in place of Barkhuizen.

It was a horrible game of football, and I agree Warne is limited tactically and perhaps has the wrong mindset towards approaching home games in which we might expect to be the dominant side, but to call the win today luck is genuinely baffling in my opinion. 

Happy to listen to your argument and your points. 👍

But in truth did we really look like winning until the one moment with Sibs ? 
We can all agree to disagree on certain points but my feeling is still that we won despite of PW not because of him.

But a win is a win and we move on…

Massive 3 points that, felt a bit pivotal dare i say.

Had resigned myself to a goalless draw & it was a hard watch for most of it...the team line up just didnt work with too many defenders on the park & lack of a forward out ball. We desperately need a forward option from the free agent ranks if Collins is out for the foreseeable, we just didnt look a threat at all during large swathes of the game.

Credit to the team for digging that result out though & shout out also to South Stand second half who woke up & changed the feel of the place. Intensity of our play definitely improved with crowd behind us & joyous scenes at the end. Another massive test next week, onto Barnsley...COYR 💪

Edited by LeedsCityRam

23 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

If things aren’t going well  tommorow , can we stay with the team ? Not for first 15 minutes till the beer wears off , and not on the concourse after 30 minutes . But for 90 + minutes. COYR 

Huge shout out to the fans today. Sounded amazing on the radio. And Warne commented it was the best he'd heard Pride Park.

Did anybody think that this game was ever going to be anything other than ugly turgid affair?

In my opinion today was about getting the three points while avoiding red cards or injuries, so to me it was job done. We stood up to a team that play the way that traditionally beats us, so to get a win with the little bonus of beating that cheating fat f***, Steve Evans is a very happy day.

Come on you Rams 

I'm tempted to say I enjoyed that second half... even before the goal.
OK, we still lacked a little composure.  Guile.  Dare I say skill.  But I can take that, as I'm a fan of a third division team.

But we did look willing.  They did give their all.  They did appear to believe in themselves... so much so that for the first time this season (at home), the fans sensed it.  We too showed belief.  That was the best home atmosphere of the season.  The club as a whole deserved that winner today.  We deserved those 3 points.  We all deserve to feel that feelgood factor this evening.

Today is the day that belief finally kicked in.  We're a long way from the finish line of course, and I suspect we still have to endure a few ugly moments before we get there... but we're heading in the right direction, and tonight Matthew, I'm gonna be smug!

🐏🍻

I still don’t get how Sibley managed to squeeze that in haha. Thank god he did. 

I’ve now accepted that we are going to play sh1te football and am enjoying the goals as and when they come. It’s been a relief for me. 

Up the rams. One more weekend of results like today and it’s in our own hands!!

22 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Don’t understand why people are saying Warne got it wrong. 

Because they are running out of things to say.

After losing at Stevenage the complaint was we got bullied. Today we competed and then went for it in the last 20/30 minutes.

Still not good enough for the haters though, they would have done it better.

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Seamus O'Farthing? 

There was a lad who lived in the street below...name Paul Farthing he went out and eventually married a girl who's christian name was Penny...true story 👍

Great win, especially in the circumstances. Easy to say PW got it wrong however the score was still 0-0 and his changes had a positive impact, games last 90 not 70 mins.

Thought Smith changed the game and gave us a bit extra and well done to the fans who stuck with the team, reading some of the comments on this match thread, hopefully they won't be going to any games soon 😏

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m relaxed, we won 😁

I am however, perplexed by the notion today was “luck”.

I understand the well balanced points many people raise around our tactics in general, Warne’s approach (or lack of) to utilising the academy, the long term prospects of him being manager. But taking this game in isolation, and also considering the season so far, he surely at some point from some of those particularly opposed to him with less reasoned arguments than others articulate, surely deserves the slightest acknowledgment. 

Put it this way, even my mate who sits next to me and challenges my opinions about Warne who questions everything I say about our tactics and play, said he didn't understand what we were aiming for for the first hour and a bit, want sure that the subs were right  and fully expected Sibley to come on to replace Elder and was of the opinion Hourihane should have come on before  Smith.

FFS it's gone red again.

ie... even someone very positive thought we got it wrong for the most part.

I even asked him (even after Sibley came on) would he attribute a potential victory to Warne's changes? He said no not really.

...but the way Warne has some people so wrapped around his little finger I struggle to view their opinions objectively.

See my earlier post which was laughed at... despite being pretty well balanced - by one of the regular 'absolvers' who think they can bully people into sharing their opinion of Warne.

As always I hope you don't think I'm counting you in this rant! I just think there are certain posters on this forum who are absolute w******.

Edited by May Contain Nuts