Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

Same as last week. Double up on the flanks defensively and we havent got a clue what to do if we cant get a cross in and pray. Absolutely no idea how to create anything that isnt a lucky cross. Embarrassing performance, maybe even the worst derby performance I have seen in my 36 years.  

Simple fact is we need more legs and desire in the next game or two. The steam has gone out of them. 

Get Tommo and CBT starting. Get Hourihane on the bench.

Get a striker in and get Collo on the bench to rejuvenate himself. 

Nyambe will be back after the weekend he needs to be put right back in.

Wildsmith back in net for me aswell.

I know there’s a long way to go still and we’re still in the play off places but after the last two abject performances in the league, needing an injury time goal to beat Burton and the farce that was the Bradford game I really think the team need to put real show on on Saturday and beat Cheltenham comfortably and in style.

The current bad run doesn’t mean we’re out of it, anymore that the good run of results (not necessarily performances) meant we’d turn the corner, but the poor run needs to end pretty damn quickly. No disrespect intended but if we can’t manage it at home against Cheltenham then there’s plenty to worry about.

We need humbling. 

In matches like this before the run e.g. Port Vale it was a poor match that we nicked because we did the basics right and made sure we wasn’t going to give a goal away. 

Too many times since the turn of the year we’ve turned up in 2nd gear thinking that we’ll score eventually and either we’ve drawn or lost. 

Seems like NML has ran out of bunnies from his magicians hat so we’ve gone back to being toothless.

30 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Hands down, the worst display of passing I've ever seen. Cash and Bird have been shocking. Nothing to do with Warne, the players are not doing the basics and it's costing us

Sorry but everything to do with Warne, they're an utterly confused team and it shows. We know what Cash and Bird can do, it's down to numbnuts to keep them at it 

5 minutes ago, BPV said:

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Absolutely bottled about as easy of an opportunity to go top of the league as you’ll get. The players and coaching staff should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

My biggest frustration is with how poor we are, and have been all season.

If we had an even half decent manager, capable of playing good football we’d win this league by an absolute mile. Our position in this league is entirely down to us having better players than the other teams in the division, not down to tactics. 

I’m not calling to sack Warne, but I do believe he’s never going to be the manager we need him to be. If we go up this year I think it would be difficult to reflect on it as being a good year footballing wise, and I’d be extremely surprised if he was still our manager 12 months down the line.
Fail to go up this year in a league this poor and he absolutely has to go. 

I'm calling to sack Warne. He's obviously got no idea how to extract consistent performances out of this squad and either thinks the way we play is fine, or he doesn't know how to change it. Not sure which of those options is more concerning to be honest.

Even on our great run of form we only ever looked truly convincing a few times. Performances have, in the main, been rubbish for a majority of the season.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Once again an appalling performance, just another continuation of the Lincoln game.

I still think we will struggle to get promotion

We had the opportunity to go top tonight, you would have thought the players and manager would have been up for it.

But we are now 4th and the teams above us now have games in hand.

We do look so poor at times!

Edited by Charliegeorge1962

3 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Just feels like we just don't want it, very poor tonight, no doubt there will be loads moaning at Warne but didn't see anything like enough desire or quality on the pitch to tell me this bunch are good enough for play offs let alone top 2, how can it change so much?? Desperate for Nyambe to be back, Wilson a shadow of a player when playing fullback, Cashin has put his 3 worst performances in since Forsyth has been out and OMG how bad were Bird and especially Hourihane tonight!

God, it's so disappointing,  I was really expecting a reaction to Saturday's lacklustre performance especially with the opportunity to go top.... but that was worse

Too many of these players stealing the cash, but really have no other ambition than short term cash for a 90 min jog around the pitch in first gear. Yep Bird and Hourihane I’m mostly talking about you idle barstewards …

That's up there with the most angry I've been this season.

The fact we could have gone top and have gone to a team in the bottom 3 and not even mustered a shot on target is a shambles really.

Elder was the only one to come out with any credit.

Nelson and Cashin were ok. Cashin gave the ball away too many times though.

Bird and Hourihane were a joke. Half hearted tackles. No control. Offered absolutely nothing. We are crying out for a midfielder who can break up play, put his foot on the ball and dictate play. That midfield is all over the place.

Collins was offside at almost every opportunity. Even when the ball didn't go to him. He's offside. 

Sibley and Ward came on and did absolutely nothing again.

TJJ looks like he's done. No great loss at all.

We still need 3 players in for me.

De ja vu of last season. Best players burning out and losing some spark. Even though we've kept our good run going, it's been clear that performances have dropped. Warne not rotating the better players enough, making the same error as last season. Collins has been superb but we nearly need to give the poor bloke a rest. Covers alot of ground and needs a break. Same with NML. Hopefully 2-3 more players will sort it out. 

The main point, regardless of systems or manager, if you can't string 3 passes together you'll never get any points. Simple.

Awful game where we couldn’t even do the basics right - more evidence as to why I just do not believe in Paul Warne.

Happy clappers will laugh but even though we are in the top 6 I’m totally unconvinced.