Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Just trying to say we were poor thats all 

We weren’t at our best but not quite as diabolical and out played as you seem to be implying.

As I was suggesting earlier, it strikes me that the pain you’re feeling is perhaps a little excessive. Sleep on it and see if you feel quite so angry in the morning.

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Didn't know that petal. Or that you are such a whiny feckin bitch either. Sorry.

Come on comrade , your better than that , you’ve got more about you than the spelling grammar high horse 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We weren’t at our best but not quite as diabolical and out played as you seem to be implying.

As I was suggesting earlier, it strikes me that the pain you’re feeling is perhaps a little excessive. Sleep on it and see if you feel quite so angry in the morning.

Fair enough i will do, i just feel we didnt get out off gear 2, i hope its a point + not a 2 points dropped 

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

One criticism I would have of today is that why have players like Brown on the bench if you aren't going to chuck him on to try and get a goal. Just off the back of scoring 5 in one game, whatever standard that is, he's going to be full of confidence. Sometimes there's games like today where you just need one to go in off someone's backside, so he'd have been a good backside for it to go in off.

I think you know the reason for that. I doubt Warne will ever change his approach either. On Brown scoring 5 (and Weston scoring 3), Warne put the 11-1 win down to the first teamers who played... they played 45 minutes and it was 3-0 when they all came off.

The even more surprising thing for me is the relectsnce to use Ward. Not used in the last 3 games, despite chasing a late winner in the last 2 games. Only 27 minutes over 6 games since being hauled off at half time against Lincoln.

15 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

*You're

😋

I’ve given you a laugh for the above because that’s where the spelling grammar things belongs ,,, having a laugh , not in a horrible way , even more so if the posters posts are easy to pick apart👍

Not long got back from Lincoln, they gave us a good game, tricky opponents, thought a draw was a fair result, they had the better chances we had all the possession, one or two of the lads look a bit leggy , maybe freshen things up for Tuesday, possibly a signing or two, agree with the posters saying an energetic midfielder needed, on to Reading next and hopefully 3 points and top of the league, everybody keep the faith the lads need us to keep believing 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think you know the reason for that. I doubt Warne will ever change his approach either. On Brown scoring 5 (and Weston scoring 3), Warne put the 11-1 win down to the first teamers who played... they played 45 minutes and it was 3-0 when they all came off.

The even more surprising thing for me is the relectsnce to use Ward. Not used in the last 3 games, despite chasing a late winner in the last 2 games. Only 27 minutes over 6 games since being hauled off at half time against Lincoln.

The Ward thing hadn’t even crossed my mind today, that is odd isn’t it?

We had a fair few lacklustre set pieces today and as Ward’s one main asset we could have used his delivery later in the game. He was carrying an injury after the Bradford game so maybe he’s not fully fit? But then if he’s on the bench he’s in theory fit. Ah well, let’s see if he’s involved in Tuesday.

Just back from the game and my observations, this was not the Lincoln side that came to pride park, they had players back from injury and were benefitting from the now settled in managers homework on us and his game plan. It will probably prove to be a hard earned point at the end of the season. At the end, their fans,who I thought created a great atmosphere with their non stop singing akin to the ultras, would be happier with the signs of improvement than ours with our frustrations. Finally, best pre match food court offering of the season so far, slightly better than the dancing cod at Fleetwood. On to Reading, tennis racket in hand 

On the game today ,I thought it was a decent watch and we obviously went away to a half decent Lincoln side looking to take the game to them and going for all 3 points , we wernt quite at it in the final third and given our approach they had a few good breaks on us and the game could have gone either way , 

im ok for warne to approach every game this way for the rest of the season as I believe it’s our best chance of top two🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Played ok in parts without creating loads, our corners were horrible though. Taylor gave cash a tough time, looked decent.

think a draw about fair, game showed why we need options. Hopefully Blackett-Taylor helps with that. Still fancy another striker on loan too. 

You’re so right. It hurts that Waggy and Wash are injured at the same time. Yes all teams have injury worries but those two would have been our rotators over the last few games. We can do this and a point today isn’t a failure, it’s the lads hanging in there and fighting 

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The Ward thing hadn’t even crossed my mind today, that is odd isn’t it?

We had a fair few lacklustre set pieces today and as Ward’s one main asset we could have used his delivery later in the game. He was carrying an injury after the Bradford game so maybe he’s not fully fit? But then if he’s on the bench he’s in theory fit. Ah well, let’s see if he’s involved in Tuesday.

Mentioned Ward as the best option with 25 to go.  We couldn't beat the doubling up.  An instant whip in without requirement to beat a man drags them out.  Very weird he wasn't utilised today 

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ward is being punished for his two errors imo. It should not be hard to pick a side that includes him, adding to our energy in midfield, and one that doesn’t expose us to his (perceived) defensive frailties. It makes no sense that we haven’t seen him for weeks 

Edited by kevinhectoring