Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Was it really as bad as you’re making out?
If the players did not turn up as you suggested then we’d have lost, we drew away from home, it’s not the end of the world.
We had more possession (66% versus their 34%), passed more and with greater accuracy (520 at 78% versus their 278 at 64%), more shots (19 shots versus their 10)….and maybe this is where they get some credit as they had 4 on target when we only had 3, they had and missed 2 big chances when we allegedly had none (I’d argue Nelson’s header at their keeper was a big chance)….but then we also had 7 blocked shots.

From watching the game and reviewing those stats I’m very much of the opinion we did turn up, but a combination of not reaching our better levels, them defending resolutely, and a little bit of luck in how was wasteful they were means accepting an underwhelming 0-0 draw and we move on. 

image.thumb.png.3d0e684157d6b74ced9e21057a544a83.png

We didn't really threaten them much, lots of huff and puff but little else. Awful corners of which we had many, why were they nearly all the same? They should have probably been 3 goals to the good by half-time. 

That's what's being debated, plus why did we look so predictable? 

3 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Nice words from Kane about the away support. Top man. Class.

He clearly really enjoys being at the Club- and i enjoy him being here. Good player.

Yeah, he shows really good awareness and quality. I think he'd make a better fullback than winger, as did Fozzy. But we'll see. Like him a lot. #COYR

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We didn't really threaten them much, lots of huff and puff but little else. Awful corners of which we had many, why were they nearly all the same? They should have probably been 3 goals to the good by half-time. 

That’s not what that one poster was debating, he’s specifically said the players didn’t turn up which I disputed with some stats and my personal opinion.

As for your point on the corners all being the same, I raised the same observation during the game. 

It wasn’t as bad as the players “not turning up” is my point. We could have done better, we could also have done far worse, what actually happened was a 0-0 draw so not the end of our season and it’s onto the next game. 

To be honest i am more disappointed with Pompey winning than us not. I want them out of the autos equation and I honestly believe that another defeat today would have sent them into freefall…

As it is they now have renewed hope…

1 hour ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Portsmouth yep remember playing against them. And Posh for that matter.

I would hate to get into the play offs and end up with another one of the performances like today.

I would imagine all the play off contenders will reflect on games they’d rather not replicate.

7 minutes ago, caymanram said:

To be honest i am more disappointed with Pompey winning than us not. I want them out of the autos equation and I honestly believe that another defeat today would have sent them into freefall…

Their squad was always going to pick their form back up at some point. It allowed us to close the gap which is good. We've got to keep pace now.

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

We created 0 clear cut chances, they had 5 or 6. People talk about corners we had 3 in the first 3 minutes and 2 came from poor delieveries. Also its ifs and buts, the buts did happen and we are not 3 points clear any team could say if and buts 

Depends on how you define clear cut chances. We did create a few but we didn’t do enough with them to really trouble their keeper. As for “could have lost 3:0 or 4:0 easily” well we didn’t and that’s all that matters. The one Cashin cleared off the line - well that’s what good defenders are meant to do when faced with that situation. 

The only chance they really fluffed was when the chap with the funny hair cut was through on Vickers and put it over.

”could have lost 3:0 or 4:0 easily” makes it sound like we were played off the park. We weren’t and a draw was probably a fair result.

just back……. Thought we did OK and thought Lincoln defended very well - blocking shots, stopping crosses and getting men behind the ball in their area.

We do need a Bellingham-type threat via a powerful attacking midfielder more than a new winger imo.

i agree with @DavesaRam that we should have realised plan A wasn’t working a bit sooner and tried through the middle more…..but overall a decent point.

Edited by Ian Buxton's Bat
Typo

29 minutes ago, caymanram said:

If we'd only won 1-0 at Fleetwood, there'd be the usual 20 posters on here saying we were crap and lucky to win.......

31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Their squad was always going to pick their form back up at some point. It allowed us to close the gap which is good. We've got to keep pace now.

What makes you think have picked their form back up?

Yes they won 1 nil, but had the same number of shots and shots on target against the bottom team of the league who had lost their previous 4 games, also the sky reporter didn't seem that impressed with them and felt that Fleetwood could easily have got something out of the game. 

3 points for them, but hardly a confidence boosting performance.

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

because we are

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Was it really as bad as you’re making out?
If the players did not turn up as you suggested then we’d have lost, we drew away from home, it’s not the end of the world.
We had more possession (66% versus their 34%), passed more and with greater accuracy (520 at 78% versus their 278 at 64%), more shots (19 shots versus their 10)….and maybe this is where they get some credit as they had 4 on target when we only had 3, they had and missed 2 big chances when we allegedly had none (I’d argue Nelson’s header at their keeper was a big chance)….but then we also had 7 blocked shots.

From watching the game and reviewing those stats I’m very much of the opinion we did turn up, but a combination of not reaching our better levels, them defending resolutely, and a little bit of luck in how was wasteful they were means accepting an underwhelming 0-0 draw and we move on. 

Clear cut chances? You agree 

Decent game for 0-0.

Derby dominated possession and at times really kept them hemmed-in. Poor final ball meant we didn't create much and just as it felt like we were about the force their defence open, they hit us on the break and the pressure went.

Cashin started sloppily and then found himseld getting absolutely roasted.  Left for dead 3 times and we were lucky they had their own version of Theo Robinson. 

Dead balls were really poor today. Our flair players had an off day and a draw was probably fair.

Tues is a big game now.

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

0 clearcut chances? 

Nelson header where he should have scored.

Bird should have hit the target from Barks Cross.

NML when he burst through and just couldn't quite finish.

How were they any less than theirs from Taylor?

Taylor had 5, nelson our best chance unlucky, bird never hits the target waste of time! Nnl went with the wrong foot because he has only a right foot