Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Imp ressive last gasp win against Burton. Can we turn it on away at the LNER Ground.

Lets keep on track.

You haven’t turned anything on for a while.

Source?….Your wife.

43 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Imp ressive last gasp win against Burton. Can we turn it on away at the LNER Ground.

Lets keep on track.

Not sure if Lincoln are our bogey team, but we need the points, to help towards a return ticket to the Championship.  A good win, and I'll  go loco.

etc.

Wildsmith

Wilson   Nelson   Cashin   Elder

Bird   Hourihane   Thompson

Barkhuizen   Collins   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Ward, Sibley, DRobinson, DBrown, John-Jules

Vickers hasn't done enough to prove why he should be in the team ahead of Wildsmith.
Elder needs to build on his first start.
Out current version of 442 lacks balance, hence a change to 433. If Forsyth was fit, I would be starting Sibley at AM. However, he'll be needed at LB to finish the game so a place on the bench it is.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Vickers hasn't done enough to prove why he should be in the team ahead of Wildsmith.
Out current version of 442 lacks balance, hence a change to 433. If Forsyth was fit, I would be starting Sibley at AM. However, he'll be needed at LB to finish the game so a place on the bench it is.

This is it. Was tempted to go with Sibley over Elder but you're right we need to give Elder the gametime to improve. I'd definitely have Fornah on the bench if he's fit though, probably over Robinson?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

When we get Smith from Sheffield Wednesday it will be Vickers nearly all the time because he kicks it longer than Wildsmith and that’s where our game plan will sit - it might work as well, midfield will be a chore though 

56 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is it. Was tempted to go with Sibley over Elder but you're right we need to give Elder the game time to improve. I'd definitely have Fornah on the bench if he's fit though, probably over Robinson?

I'd rather develop someone with more potential. I've said it before, but I consider Robinson to be a lower L1 player so should be getting game time at this level

51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

When we get Smith from Sheffield Wednesday it will be Vickers nearly all the time because he kicks it longer than Wildsmith and that’s where our game plan will sit - it might work as well, midfield will be a chore though 

Long ball would be a plan B. Plan A would still be to get it wide and cross. I'd still have Wildsmith starting no matter how we play

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Sibbo for Elder and I would go with that, the extra midfielder away makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd rather develop someone with more potential. I've said it before, but I consider Robinson to be a lower L1 player so should be getting game time at this level

I get your point, but Fornah is experienced at this level and above. Robinson is still an unknown quantity. Given players on the bench may need to make an impact if brought on in conditions where we're not winning, I'd trust Fornah right now to be able to offer that more than Robinson getting his first proper taste of professional football?