Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

13 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I overheard someone stood behind me at the game already slagging off Blackett Taylor. Apparently he isn't good enough as he's a Charlton cast off, they're selling him to anyone who'll take him. He won't get into the team as Mendez Laing is twice the player of him and it's a ridiculous signing by Warne just signing former Rotherham players (despite CBT never playing for Rotherham...). We should be signing the Borges chap from Man City instead as he scored a hat trick against us (who joined Ajax in the summer for big money). Borges isn't signing as Warne and Clowes don't have any ambition for the club and they're happy to be in League One for years....

The mind baffles sometimes with Derby folk.

I told you my opinions were private.

15 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

...... and we're above 12 of them in the table.

which is exactly where this squad of players should be anyway

Are you happy getting a lucky 0-0 draw against lincoln, nicking a last min winner v burton albion, being outplayed by peterborough at pride park, being knocked out cups by crewe and bradford ?

I know i have a glass half empty view on things, can't help it😅, but i just don't see how we will survive in the championship playing this brand of football. 

3 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

Derby fans are a fickle lot but they do appreciate, generally, when a player emerges from the Academy and give them far more leeway. Cashin, Player of the Month in League One, gave a horror show in the first half on Saturday ( also did some good things). If Bradley, Elder, Ward, Smith, Forsyth, Hourahane, etc etc had played like him they would have been slated by the posters on here.

I’m glad Cashin wasn’t slated, as we all love him, but just think about calling out some of the other players and just give them full support. Well done to Vickers and particularly Elder who both had very good games on Saturday, after criticism last Monday. Shows they have a bit of character.

Hopefully Cash learns a lesson on when to drop off, and when to step up. With his pace, he's been easily able to recover when he steps ahead of the attacker to win the ball and makes a hash of it. This Saturday was the first time I've ever seen him get left for dead with pace. So he should drop off and go for the second ball.

He'll not have that pace all his career. He'll need to learn all types of defending, can't just rely on last ditch tackles.

This isn't a criticism at all. For him to have the confidence to always want to step ahead of his man and get tight is admirable for such a young lad. It just left him short for once this weekend.

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Are you happy getting a lucky 0-0 draw against lincoln, nicking a last min winner v burton albion, being outplayed by peterborough at pride park, being knocked out cups by crewe and bradford ?

I know i have a glass half empty view on things, can't help it😅, but i just don't see how we will survive in the championship playing this brand of football. 

Do you even have a glass?

You're worrying about surviving a division we haven't even reached yet........

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Oooh look, it's Eiran "Horror Show" Cashin, in the team of the week...

He got done for speed on three occasions but was otherwise pretty good.

I'm surprised he made it into team of the week based on what I saw live but Who Scored do take all the emotion out of it ....so fair enough.

Just now, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I'm surprised he made it into team of the week based on what I saw live but Who Scored do take all the emotion out of it ....so fair enough.

I think it tells you what WhoScored don't analyse as much as what they do i.e Cashin getting outpaced won't have registered. 

Still, if it helps to maintain his confidence, I'm all for it.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I know i have a glass half empty view on things, can't help it😅, but i just don't see how we will survive...

Haven't you heard mate?  We did!
It was clo(w)se, but we got there. 
Now is the time to build a new life... Softly, softly, catchee monkey... patience is a virtue... one day at a time (sweet Jesus)... etc, etc...

If we have to scrape by for a while, losing to the likes of Crewe and Bradford, then so be it.  It's much better than being dead.

🐏

3 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I doubt they have a penalty for being beaten for pace. He'll have won points for clearing one off the line. The rest is tackles made, pass % etc.

Personally I don't think Nelson put a foot wrong, unlucky not to have been in the totw himself.

Just now, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Honestly, I mostly posted it for arguments sake - I think whoscored ratings are pretty ropey at the best of times.  The more "stuff" you do, the higher your rating.  So if you get caught out of position all the time and end up making a load of last ditch recovery tackles, you get a high rating.  If you mark a guy out of the game, to the extent he never gets the ball passed to him, you get nothing.

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Honestly, I mostly posted it for arguments sake - I think whoscored ratings are pretty ropey at the best of times.  The more "stuff" you do, the higher your rating.  So if you get caught out of position all the time and end up making a load of last ditch recovery tackles, you get a high rating.  If you mark a guy out of the game, to the extent he never gets the ball passed to him, you get nothing.

Which makes a mockery of the whole thing.

29 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

2 or 3’s about right but your units may be wrong.  Seconds, minutes or touches more like!!

Lolz, just answered @ariotofmyown along those lines.

Argh. I suppose it's good to laugh about this stuff, though I honestly, do miss the days when we were less divided. Everything is just one long bicker these days. This is really the last form of social media I still use 😔

58 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I can see Warne's intended style of playing mimicing Klopp's Liverpool. The question then is, can we recruit players in the summer which will allow us to play that way at Championship level. Will we even shape up with a 433? Anything else will sacrifce the press - playing either a 3 at the back or 2 up front would reduce the effectiveness of Klopp's high intensity pressing style.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Let's just get there first, see what money there is to spend and then assess.