Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Big Darren Moore was probably the slowest CB that I've seen, but because of his excellent reading of the game, it rarely seemed to be an issue at Derby and elsewhere. You just don't get into the situation where you're in a sprint against a speedy forward, you block him off legally or illegally.

Are you recalling any of 'that' Premier League season in these recollections?

5 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

Apologies if this has already been covered on this thread, or elsewhere, but it seems clear to me.

If you lose two integral parts of your back four at the same time, you are bound to struggle. Nyambe is by far our best right back, and Foz our best left back, and the only decent left back who understands the set up and moves forward with confidence at the right times. 

We will dip a bit until Ryan and Foz return. 

It’s no one’s fault - Warne will know this too. Not seen The Full 90 yet but hope that Elder (and Vickers) had better games and are settling in, as I’ve no idea how long Foz will be out. Who’d have thought a midfield player filling in at left back 10 years ago would become so integral to our plans in 2024? 

The Nyambe miss is also a bit of a double whammy, as Wilson is better further forward with less fundamental defensive duties - he covers better from right mid than others too.

We’ve lost key players at key times before - Martin’s injury in the 2-2 at Bournemouth being the most glaring, but Bird’s loss last Jan/Feb ultimately proved as costly but wasn’t so obvious - so it’s down to the group, and more importantly the management team to find a way to get us through this.

Talking to other fans at the game on Saturday, incredibly half our fans still don’t rate Fozzie . He is coming the end of his career now and perhaps we will miss him more when he is retired ? In any case we could do with a long term replacement .

41 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Talking to other fans at the game on Saturday, incredibly half our fans still don’t rate Fozzie . He is coming the end of his career now and perhaps we will miss him more when he is retired ? In any case we could do with a long term replacement .

I'm not surprised - some of our fans have never appreciated him. After his performances during administration and last season, you'd think even a brainless pr*ck would admit they were wrong.

29 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm not surprised - some of our fans have never appreciated him. After his performances during administration and last season, you'd think even a brainless pr*ck would admit they were wrong.

Derby folk can be an odd bunch. I'm not sure what you have to do to be fondly remembered by all fans here. Still baffles me why Keogh is seen by some as a donkey. Best centre half we've had for ages.

Can’t win every game, thought we did well to get the point yesterday, move on and try to win the next one. Hopefully Blackett-Taylor coming in and Smith if reports are to be believed will make a difference. Collo needs someone to share the load. 

Vickers and Elder have been criticised by a few and I definitely count myself as one who criticised them, thought they did well yesterday especially Vickers, that was by far his best game yet. 

As for Foz being under appreciated I agree, personally I think he’s dipped this season defensively (been decent going forward) but thought his last few performances before getting injured were his best of the season. What a servant and what resilience to come back from 3 serious knee injuries, he looked done after the 2nd one under Rowett, but then found form again under Lampard before his 3rd ACL, since coming back after that he’s been decent overall particularly in the administration season. Not sure how much longer he’ll be able to play at the level we require him to though.

23 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Being so predictable doesn't say much for 12 of the 13 most recent teams we've played but then negative posters will ignore what they want to ignore.

your aware we have a far superior squad and training facilities to those 12 most recent teams...

1 minute ago, Stockport Ram said:

Donkey? No. Unnecessarily error strewn, unintelligent positionally,  unable to learn from his mistakes and readily abdicated responsibility for them, yes.

Plenty of ability but frustratingly self destructive between the ears.

All a matter of opinion. He had his faults (there aren’t many players that don’t) but I’m with @BramcoteRam84. On the whole he did a good job for us.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Talking to other fans at the game on Saturday, incredibly half our fans still don’t rate Fozzie .

Given the absolute state of some of our fans, I can't say I'm surprised. Not sure when being a supporter morphed into slagging of everything and everyone connected with the club at every available opportunity, but it certainly has, as we've seen quite clearly in recent years on this very forum. I think in some fans' heads it's some bizarre form of self-aggrandisement. Unfathomable really. That said, we're certainly not alone in this regard as every club seems to have this type of fans these days. 

10 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Given the absolute state of some of our fans, I can't say I'm surprised. Not sure when being a supporter morphed into slagging of everything and everyone connected with the club at every available opportunity, but it certainly has, as we've seen quite clearly in recent years on this very forum. I think in some fans' heads it's some bizarre form of self-aggrandisement. Unfathomable really. That said, we're certainly not alone in this regard as every club seems to have this type of fans these days. 

I overheard someone stood behind me at the game already slagging off Blackett Taylor. Apparently he isn't good enough as he's a Charlton cast off, they're selling him to anyone who'll take him. He won't get into the team as Mendez Laing is twice the player of him and it's a ridiculous signing by Warne just signing former Rotherham players (despite CBT never playing for Rotherham...). We should be signing the Borges chap from Man City instead as he scored a hat trick against us (who joined Ajax in the summer for big money). Borges isn't signing as Warne and Clowes don't have any ambition for the club and they're happy to be in League One for years....

The mind baffles sometimes with Derby folk.

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I overheard someone stood behind me at the game already slagging off Blackett Taylor. Apparently he isn't good enough as he's a Charlton cast off, they're selling him to anyone who'll take him. He won't get into the team as Mendez Laing is twice the player of him and it's a ridiculous signing by Warne just signing former Rotherham players (despite CBT never playing for Rotherham...). We should be signing the Borges chap from Man City instead as he scored a hat trick against us (who joined Ajax in the summer for big money). Borges isn't signing as Warne and Clowes don't have any ambition for the club and they're happy to be in League One for years....

And assuming he does come, he'll be given 2 or 3 games to start performing before some start climbing on his back. I'd best not say what I'd like to about it though! 🙊

21 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Was Cocaine involved? It usually is.

22 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

And assuming he does come, he'll be given 2 or 3 games to start performing before some start climbing on his back. I'd best not say what I'd like to about it though! 🙊

Been thinking exactly this.  So much expectation on him already.  If he doesn't hit the ground running plenty will be on his case.

2 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

Donkey? No. Unnecessarily error strewn, unintelligent positionally,  unable to learn from his mistakes and readily abdicated responsibility for them, yes.

Plenty of ability but frustratingly self destructive between the ears.

Prime Keogh was a good CB though, got us to playoff final being a donkey and had 6 clean sheets in a row making mistakes everywhere apparently. Amazing. Funny how for instance Buxton's error in the playoff final that lead to the ball getting to the box when it never should have is not spoken about. I don't remember Keogh ever abdicating responsibility for on the field mistakes but happy to change my mind if you provide a clip?

Actually my bad, it was 7 consecutive clean sheets.

Edited by tomsdubs

Derby fans are a fickle lot but they do appreciate, generally, when a player emerges from the Academy and give them far more leeway. Cashin, Player of the Month in League One, gave a horror show in the first half on Saturday ( also did some good things). If Bradley, Elder, Ward, Smith, Forsyth, Hourahane, etc etc had played like him they would have been slated by the posters on here.

I’m glad Cashin wasn’t slated, as we all love him, but just think about calling out some of the other players and just give them full support. Well done to Vickers and particularly Elder who both had very good games on Saturday, after criticism last Monday. Shows they have a bit of character.

15 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Derby fans are a fickle lot but they do appreciate, generally, when a player emerges from the Academy and give them far more leeway. Cashin, Player of the Month in League One, gave a horror show in the first half on Saturday ( also did some good things). If Bradley, Elder, Ward, Smith, Forsyth, Hourahane, etc etc had played like him they would have been slated by the posters on here.

I’m glad Cashin wasn’t slated, as we all love him, but just think about calling out some of the other players and just give them full support. Well done to Vickers and particularly Elder who both had very good games on Saturday, after criticism last Monday. Shows they have a bit of character.

🥱

When has Bradley looked as good as Cash? Or Elder as good as Fozzy?

Edited by RoyMac5