Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Decent game for 0-0.

Derby dominated possession and at times really kept them hemmed-in. Poor final ball meant we didn't create much and just as it felt like we were about the force their defence open, they hit us on the break and the pressure went.

Cashin started sloppily and then found himseld getting absolutely roasted.  Left for dead 3 times and we were lucky they had their own version of Theo Robinson. 

Dead balls were really poor today. Our flair players had an off day and a draw was probably fair.

Tues is a big game now.

Missing Fozzy?

Edited by RoyMac5

44 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends on how you define clear cut chances. We did create a few but we didn’t do enough with them to really trouble their keeper. As for “could have lost 3:0 or 4:0 easily” well we didn’t and that’s all that matters. The one Cashin cleared off the line - well that’s what good defenders are meant to do when faced with that situation. 

The only chance they really fluffed was when the chap with the funny hair cut was through on Vickers and put it over.

”could have lost 3:0 or 4:0 easily” makes it sound like we were played off the park. We weren’t and a draw was probably a fair result.

Thats a reply to someone  so look back 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ah, I wasn’t clear enough, no I disagree with your assessment of the match and your comment that the players didn’t turn up.

Who turned up? No midfield again cash stuggled with the striker should of had help,and doubled up? Yet they were great, got battered and didnt change our formation

5 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Who turned up? No midfield again cash stuggled with the striker should have had help,and doubled up? Yet they were great, got battered and didnt change our formation

The players wearing a Derby County shirt that had more possession of the football, passed it more accurately, had more shots and more corners than their opponents, and kept a clean sheet away from home earning a point….

You’ve not presented much of a counter argument to change my mind so I guess we have to agree to disagree.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Hadn't considered that...hmmm.

Cashin somehow kept finding himself matched up one-on-one and isolated.

So possibly..

Almost like their manager did his homework and set them up to create that situation because our reliance on playing with width leaves us susceptible to getting done through the middle.

Playing with width is fine, I'm ok with that approach,but a better team than Lincoln will exploit that weakness in the middle if we keep allowing it to happen.

8 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Who turned up? No midfield again cash stuggled with the striker should of had help,and doubled up? Yet they were great, got battered and didnt change our formation

One thing we didn't get was "battered". "Battering" is what we gave Oxford in the 2nd half at the Kassam. You can't batter a team with 34% possession, though you can create chances through fast breaks and long-balls, which is what Lincoln did.

5 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Can anyone tell me the 3 shots we had on target  because it must of been a long piss

Nelson header, hourihane shot from outside box and Collins shot that keeper turned round for a corner all in the 1st half off the top of my head. Our best chance of scoring was actually 10 seconds into the second half when barkhuizen was clean through but for some reason Sibley chose not to play a simple pass to him and went down the middle to Collins instead 

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

One thing we didn't get was "battered". "Battering" is what we gave Oxford in the 2nd half at the Kassam. You can't batter a team with 34% possession, though you can create chances through fast breaks and long-balls, which is what Lincoln did.

Yes but dont forget long balls and fast breaks are frowned upon...

16 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Who turned up? No midfield again cash stuggled with the striker should have had help,and doubled up? Yet they were great, got battered and didnt change our formation

They created the better chances but if you think they were “great” and we got “battered” I suspect you don’t watch much football.

Strikes me that you’re having a bad day or something buddy. My advice would be to hold off posting anything else until tomorrow when the dust has settled. Advice I wish I’d taken a few times in the past.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

They created the better chances but if you think they were “great” and we got “battered” I suspect you don’t watch much football.

Strikes me that you’re having a bad day or something buddy. My advice would be to hold off posting anything else until tomorrow when the dust has settled. Advice I wish I’d taken a few times in the past.

They had 1 on 1s what better chance did we have?  ( i am a little smashed so fair point) 

Edited by Dcfcsr92
The () i might be wrong

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

They had 1 on 1s what better chance did we have? 

How many of them did they score? Echoing @Tamworthram’s sentiment, you seem disproportionately wound up by us drawing a game away at Lincoln. 
The game is done, we didn’t lose, try to accept it and move on, stressing about it now won’t change a thing.