Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

When was the last time we won when 'live on Sky'?

Probably completely unfounded, but I honestly can't remember!

We were on Sky 5 times last season, all away matches, drew 2, lost 3

The previous season we had 8 home games live on Sky, winning 4, drawing 3 & losing 1. The most recent Sky win was the last live one that season, beating Fulham in April 2022

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

London based fans will be interested to know that the Rams Supporters London branch will be meeting at the Redwood Bar in London Bridge station to watch the match. Games against Fleetwood and Burton should be back at the usual venue the Stage Door near Waterloo

And anyone in Catalonia can come round to my in laws to watch, we have beer and wine.

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Of course we must leave those decisions to the management team. And of course there needs to be a mix of personal vs football chat in Warne’s interviews. But the approach in these interviews has been damaging to Warne imo because the overwhelming focus on chirpy banter has not done him credit: it has left fans with the impression he has insufficient command of the technical  issues or that decisions (eg re formation) have not been made for good reason. Every once in a blue moon he has been drawn into a thoughtful response on a football related issue and it allows him to demonstrate what he knows and that his job is not simple. Warne should look to use the interviews to explain - selectively, within reason - why a particular decision was made, to thoughtfully outline the pros and cons and to  outline what is and isn’t working and why. When this does not happen at all, it leads too often to him giving the impression the players have let him down and that is dangerous ground if we have a couple of bad results. Overall I think his relationship with the fan base would be improved if he offered more insight into the football thinking. Within reason of course. If it’s done in a controlled (not live) setting, there is no risk. 

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

On 30/12/2023 at 23:01, RodleyRam said:

Wilson looked absolutely knackered when he came off, wouldn't be surprised if Ward starts against his old club in his place. Otherwise unchanged. Pepper the box to exploit vulnerability of reserve keeper etc.

Posh are an unpredictable for me but hopefully we take the energy and confidence from Friday into this one to start 2024 with a bang. 

Super Derby, Super Rams!

Knackered when your 23 is a lot different than knackered when your 33

I’d want him on the pitch. He’s got fire in his guts that one.

20 hours ago, MaltRam said:

Just been wondering, with Wildsmith at fault for the penalty and possibly should have done better with the second (it's his side and it wasn't in the top corner)...maybe Josh Vickers should get the shirt tomorrow?

Wildsmith is the best keeper in the division and one rash mistake doesn't change that. Let's not fix what's not broken. Joe is our #1 stopper and he's earned the starting birth IMO.

Edited by Comrade 86
made same point twice :/

55 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Wildsmith is the best keeper in the division and one rash mistake doesn't change that. Let's not fix what's not broken. Joe is our #1 stopper and he's earned the starting birth IMO.

Deserves a little longer leash than one mistake, albeit a very dumb one

35 minutes ago, Srg said:

Deserves a little longer leash than one mistake, albeit a very dumb one

Agreed. 

But omg it was a terrible looking mistake.

If I'd paid him good money to throw the result and held his family hostage in case,  I'd have demanded my money back after 2mins for being too bloody obvious. 🤣

Game kicks off, at the first opportunity with Nelson obviously shepherding the striker out wide...he just went for it. Then hesitated to make sure he made contact but didn't get the ball. Also stuck his leg at a right angle to make it especially obvious.

Then went still and looked at the ref with a horrendously guilty expression, before telegraphing his dive the wrong way for the penalty. 

Edited by Chester40

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Agreed. 

But omg it was a terrible looking mistake.

If I'd paid him good money to throw the result and held his family hostage in case,  I'd have demanded my money back after 2mins for being too bloody obvious. 🤣

He got caught between two minds, that's all. It happens. Cost us nothing ultimately and literally every keeper makes this very same mistake from time to time. All of them.

In fairness to you though, Ryan Nelson lambasted him for a full 10 seconds or more, so he clearly wasn't happy either 🤣

Really looking forward to this one. Throat already lubricated in readiness. Two good teams should make for an open game. Let's get PP rocking to show the tv viewers that we are coming back. There are going to be a few goals today I can sense it. Come on Derby lets keep this run going especially for B4 and all our fellow supporters we have lost in 2023. UTR!