Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

I’m on manoeuvres for this one. 😁

Keeper Bilokapic went off injured last night, reserve goalie Talley who may well start on Monday made his debut and didn’t seem too keen on coming for crosses.

Fergie had a bit of β€œbanter” with a few of those sat in the stands.

β€œI defended my players and said go home, in more colourful language than that.”

The two League One clubs showing interest in Clarke-Harris, who scored twice on his first start after being left out for a couple of months are Charlton and …………..Fleetwood!

Meanwhile ……….on their forum.

I'll be happy with a draw.
Derby are too good for this league.

Local bragging rights for me round here for this one! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

2 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

What an awesome win yesterday against Oxford. I reckon that’s just the warm up for the match against Peterborough. Bring on the New Year bounce πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

You’ve started the next match day thread, that’s good enough for me.

COYR.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Keep the same team !Β 

Interesting debate @Magicman. I agree with you. Many won’t agree. There are a few aphorisms in football:

1. Round pegs in round holes.

2. Never change a winning side.

3. Always shyte on the red side of the Trent.

I think Fozzy will start. I’d start with the same XI BUT…3 games in 6 days is energy sapping. So, head says tweak the team.Β 
Β 

What do people think? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

13 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

With @B4’s Sister's match thread record, it won't be long until we start seeing big money bids for her from other clubs. We need to get her tied to a long term deal.

She's going nowhere unless we receive a bid of Β£50m at the very least.Β 

13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Interesting debate @Magicman. I agree with you. Many won’t agree. There are a few aphorisms in football:

I think Fozzy will start. I’d start with the same XI BUT…3 games in 6 days is energy sapping. So, head says tweak the team.Β 
Β 

Fozzy had a few mins rest on Friday so I reckon he’ll start to keep that (usually) solid back 5 together. Provided there’s no injuries after the Oxford game I think it’ll be the same side.
I don’t know if I think it β€œshould” be though, fresh legs could make the difference, Sibley in for Barkhuizen perhaps πŸ€” Maybe start TJJ, if he’s knackered by half time then sub Collins on, essentially reverse their roles for this game. But then I also see the logic in backing the same side after two very good performances and wins. Essentially I know nothing πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈΒ 

40 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Β 

Normally, I’d agree with not changing a winning side. PW though might trust Vickers to keep a cool head in a big game, but think Wildsmith has enough credit in the bank. Tommo in Barks out, Sibs for NML as I worry about burnout. Not sure when TJJ’s loan is up but assuming he’s still our player I’d start him for his energy and quality instead of Collo.

Subs Vickers/Wildsmith, Ward, Bradley, Elder, Fornah, Barks, Collo.

Edited by DiggerB

Interesting on the starting 11, tough decision for Warne, i might go 3 in the middle, Hourihane, Bird and either Fornah or Tommo, take out Barks, and may be start Jo Ward against his old club and give Wilson a rest, then after 60 mins bring Wilson on for either Mendez or Ward, and bring Collins off for JJ after 60 mins, big call for the manager to make, if we get 3 points he has got it spot on.Β 

I'd change things a little.Β 

Tbf - the winning team wasn't the one that started the game.Β 

Niambe, Cashin and Nelson will play. Fozzie may get a rest but he played well so depends how he feels.Β 

I expect Hourihane and Bird will play. NML is key. Wilson needs a run of games.

So Collins,Β  Barkhuizen, JJ, Ward, Sibley, Thompson will probably all figure at some point but not necessarily for the same period as last night.