Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

4 hours ago, caymanram said:

They play the same away as at home. Quick interchanges and using both their wingers (who are good) a LOT. They also have a very good central creative midfield.

If I’m honest I rate them as a better side than us right now. They also have a very astute manager.

Two keys for me:

1. We must start well. Give them the first goal and i think it will be tough.

2. We must press them hard, always and as a team. They don’t respond well to this.  Almost as if we were playing away from home.

COYR !!

They apparently struggled against Barnsley's press in their last game, so point NR 2 is very relevant.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So if we are winning and playing really well you think he'd make changes just for the sake of it?

I think he needs to focus more on reducing minutes for NML, Fozzy and Hourihane. Playing them at this current rate risks injury as the season progresses. The likes of Tommo and Fornah will likely improve if used more, and he needs to keep his injury cover (eg Bradley) sharp. Sure too much rotation is disruptive but last season there was not enough and we know how that finished 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think he needs to focus more on reducing minutes for NML, Fozzy and Hourihane. Playing them at this current rate risks injury as the season progresses. The likes of Tommo and Fornah will likely improve if used more, and he needs to keep his injury cover (eg Bradley) sharp. Sure too much rotation is disruptive but last season there was not enough and we know how that finished 

Get points on the board while things are going well.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Get points on the board while things are going well.

Well it’d be interesting to hear Warne’s comments on the issue of rotation and depth of squad. Also his team’s views on how the training regime should differ for OAPs vs spring chickens; and how it should differ for players who are out there every minute and those who are in the dugout week in week out. @Owen87ITKmay be a flawless ‘home team’ commentator but he lets Warne and the club muzzle him to the extent the manager interviews are mind blowingly dull. These are the sort of points of substance Warne could discuss without then having to shoot people. And - unlike the segments on coffee, bobble hats and Xmas presents (who cares?) - it would give some footballing insight into the behind the scenes 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well it’d be interesting to hear Warne’s comments on the issue of rotation and depth of squad. Also his team’s views on how the training regime should differ for OAPs vs spring chickens; and how it should differ for players who are out there every minute and those who are in the dugout week in week out. @Owen87ITKmay be a flawless ‘home team’ commentator but he lets Warne and the club muzzle him to the extent the manager interviews are mind blowingly dull. These are the sort of points of substance Warne could discuss without then having to shoot people. And - unlike the segments on coffee, bobble hats and Xmas presents (who cares?) - it would give some footballing insight into the behind the scenes 

When people said to turn Bradley into the next scapegoat now Warne is doing well, I think you've got the wrong one!

12 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in how the management are training the squad - leave that to those who know more about the players strengths and weaknesses.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Of course the one thing that differs from last season is that the vast majority of our players have had a full Warne pre-season in them. If he's got his training regime right, they shouldn't be suffering the same downturn in fitness as the season progresses.

Not just a Warne pre season, but a proper pre-season due to last season's circumstances 

Just now, angieram said:

Of course the one thing that differs from last season is that the vast majority of our players have had a full Warne pre-season in them. If he's got his training regime right, they shouldn't be suffering the same downturn in fitness as the season progresses.

Didn't a Rotherham fan post somthing like "that we could be sure that in the second part of the season when other teams players performance\fitness is begining to fade, PWs team will still be running around like spring chickens!!!

56 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

What utter tosh. Lets just keep the anti Warne thing going, and throw in a bit of anti Owen Bradley too eh?

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

42 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in how the management are training the squad - leave that to those who know more about the players strengths and weaknesses.

Of course we must leave those decisions to the management team. And of course there needs to be a mix of personal vs football chat in Warne’s interviews. But the approach in these interviews has been damaging to Warne imo because the overwhelming focus on chirpy banter has not done him credit: it has left fans with the impression he has insufficient command of the technical  issues or that decisions (eg re formation) have not been made for good reason. Every once in a blue moon he has been drawn into a thoughtful response on a football related issue and it allows him to demonstrate what he knows and that his job is not simple. Warne should look to use the interviews to explain - selectively, within reason - why a particular decision was made, to thoughtfully outline the pros and cons and to  outline what is and isn’t working and why. When this does not happen at all, it leads too often to him giving the impression the players have let him down and that is dangerous ground if we have a couple of bad results. Overall I think his relationship with the fan base would be improved if he offered more insight into the football thinking. Within reason of course. If it’s done in a controlled (not live) setting, there is no risk. 

21 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

What utter tosh. Lets just keep the anti Warne thing going, and throw in a bit of anti Owen Bradley too eh?

Bradley’s commentating I described as flawless and any fule knows he has limited control over subject matter of all interviews. So there’s no criticism of him, only praise, except to say I’d like him to push Warne and the PR team harder. 
So it’s a shame you’ve distorted my post to attack me. Why don’t you just ignore it, if you don’t want to be civil or constructive ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Added to this, we have greater depth in the squad this season, our bench looks quite strong atm, even with Rooney, Smith, Waggy and Washington out injured. Hopefully, a couple of attacking signings and no outgoings from the squad in January, will set us up for the run in.🤞

35 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Of course we must leave those decisions to the management team. And of course there needs to be a mix of personal vs football chat in Warne’s interviews. But the approach in these interviews has been damaging to Warne imo because the overwhelming focus on chirpy banter has not done him credit: it has left fans with the impression he has insufficient command of the technical  issues or that decisions (eg re formation) have not been made for good reason. Every once in a blue moon he has been drawn into a thoughtful response on a football related issue and it allows him to demonstrate what he knows and that his job is not simple. Warne should look to use the interviews to explain - selectively, within reason - why a particular decision was made, to thoughtfully outline the pros and cons and to  outline what is and isn’t working and why. When this does not happen at all, it leads too often to him giving the impression the players have let him down and that is dangerous ground if we have a couple of bad results. Overall I think his relationship with the fan base would be improved if he offered more insight into the football thinking. Within reason of course. If it’s done in a controlled (not live) setting, there is no risk. 

I wasn't aware that there was an issue with the fan base other than those few who choose to see it that way.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I have seen a few Rotherham fans say his teams drop off later in the season. But we probably have more depth than he had there, so it might mitigate the issue a bit.

Edited by oodledoodle

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

You're on dodgy ground when you start talking on behalf of 'the fans', what you have wrote is certainly no representation of my thoughts and countless others I'd imagine.

I've never heard a manager as honest in post match interviews as PW and I actually find it quite refreshing. 90% of other managers post match interviews could just be replayed on repeat and offer absolutely no insight into anything.