Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

Wilson looked absolutely knackered when he came off, wouldn't be surprised if Ward starts against his old club in his place. Otherwise unchanged. Pepper the box to exploit vulnerability of reserve keeper etc.

Posh are an unpredictable for me but hopefully we take the energy and confidence from Friday into this one to start 2024 with a bang. 

Super Derby, Super Rams!

2 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Interesting on the starting 11, tough decision for Warne, i might go 3 in the middle, Hourihane, Bird and either Fornah or Tommo, take out Barks, and may be start Jo Ward against his old club and give Wilson a rest, then after 60 mins bring Wilson on for either Mendez or Ward, and bring Collins off for JJ after 60 mins, big call for the manager to make, if we get 3 points he has got it spot on. 

How on earth can you plan substitutions before we've even kicked a ball?!

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would expect that Warne and his coaching team do. They can't expect to finish the game with the starting 11, so they must have a number of plans depending on different probable scenerios.

Unlikely scenerios, such as injuries, red cards, opposition tactical changes, etc have to be addressed on the hoof.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

JJ for Collins yes please.
Imo Wilson, Warne and Barkhuizen all need to start 

I thought Barkhuizen was below par in the first half yesterday, though he did improve after HT. He always seems more effective as an impact sub tbh.

Not sure Warne would get a game in this team but it's an interesting idea....

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably have a good guest on how the game will go. Add more energy in the 60th minute for changing a wide player for more energy and add a different dimension to the game changing Collins for JJ, not rocket science is it mate. 

6 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Wilson looked absolutely knackered when he came off, wouldn't be surprised if Ward starts against his old club in his place. Otherwise unchanged. Pepper the box to exploit vulnerability of reserve keeper etc.

Posh are an unpredictable for me but hopefully we take the energy and confidence from Friday into this one to start 2024 with a bang. 

Super Derby, Super Rams!

Interesting hearing on the Ramstalk podcast with the Posh guy that Ward had a habit of giving away silly penalties when he was with them…😳

Edited by caymanram

They play the same away as at home. Quick interchanges and using both their wingers (who are good) a LOT. They also have a very good central creative midfield.

If I’m honest I rate them as a better side than us right now. They also have a very astute manager.

Two keys for me:

1. We must start well. Give them the first goal and i think it will be tough.

2. We must press them hard, always and as a team. They don’t respond well to this.  Almost as if we were playing away from home.

COYR !!

2 hours ago, caymanram said:

Sorry- should know this…

But why are Posh shown as above us in the League even though we have won more games ? Goals scored ??

Yes.

1/  Points = Same
2/ Goal Difference = Same
3/ Goals Scored = 47 v 42

Gets tricky after that... think it may be results between the two clubs comes next? 
Not even sure whether who has won the most games comes into it?  Maybe someone else knows?  🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Probably have a good guest on how the game will go. Add more energy in the 60th minute for changing a wide player for more energy and add a different dimension to the game changing Collins for JJ, not rocket science is it mate. 

So if we are winning and playing really well you think he'd make changes just for the sake of it?

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yes.

1/  Points = Same
2/ Goal Difference = Same
3/ Goals Scored = 47 v 42

Gets tricky after that... think it may be results between the two clubs comes next? 
Not even sure whether who has won the most games comes into it?  Maybe someone else knows?  🤷‍♂️

A quick Google search suggests the following order for deciding league position according to the EFL rule book section 9:

1 Points

2 Goal difference

3. Goals scored

4. Record against each other (for the tied clubs)

5. Number of wins

6. Goals scored away from home 

7. Lowest penalty points (for yellow and red cards)

8. Sendings off

9. Play off game (or games, to be determined by the league) against each other (but only if a final league position needs to be determined to settle promotion, relegation or play off position (including home and away advantage in the play offs).

Edited by Tamworthram