Max Bird

Caerphilly Ram

The previous thread on Max is locked so starting a new one, hopefully a mod will merge them. Silly season is upon us with the inevitable tenuous links between Rooney and our players starting;

For context Witcoop is the Sunday Mirror’s Sports News editor so take with a massive pinch of salt, but I don’t think this will be the last speculative link about Bird. 

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

What a poorly worded tweet.

"Birmingham looking to do some business in January but will back Wayne Rooney..."  Eh?!

"Derby midfielder Max Bird among the admirers..." Eh?!

Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Thought the same, Bird is surely not an admirer of Birmingham’s but Birmingham and Rooney may well be admirers of Max Bird.

28 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The previous thread on Max is locked so starting a new one, hopefully a mod will merge them. Silly season is upon us with the inevitable tenuous links between Rooney and our players starting;

For context Witcoop is the Sunday Mirror’s Sports News editor so take with a massive pinch of salt, but I don’t think this will be the last speculative link about Bird. 

Further context, he seems to be a halfwit with a poor grasp of English.

4 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Further context, he seems to be a halfwit with a poor grasp of English.

This is so funny. Now I know we have our grammar police division, I try very hard not to join them (even though I know they’re right most of the time,  certain “things” do grate 🤪, thing is I am with a mixed group of folk with diverse roots but for the most parts we all have similar brain cells. We also have no pretensions to grandeur or superiority or even claims to elevated knowledge . After all we are just folk who love talking about our club. Who we are, where we come from, our intellectual prowess is entirely secondary.

THIS bloke is an effing JOURNALIST. He is supposed to be an informed, articulate wordsmith. It’s his flipping job ! I mean do you decide to be be a micro surgeon when you’ve got a manual tremor and visual impairment ?

Dazza  can’t  write clear coherent English. How the eff has he got this job ? why on earth do we give him headspace or even a click ? A One legged man at an arse kicking party springs to mind. About as useful as a car park extension at Wycombe! 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

This is so funny. Now I know we have our grammar police division, I try very hard not to join them (even though I know they’re right most of the time,  certain “things” do grate 🤪, thing is I am with a mixed group of folk with diverse roots but for the most parts we all have similar brain cells. We also have no pretensions to grandeur or superiority or even claims to elevated knowledge . After all we are just folk who love talking about our club. Who we are, where we come from, our intellectual prowess is entirely secondary.

THIS bloke is an effing JOURNALIST. He is supposed to be an informed, articulate wordsmith. It’s his flipping job ! I mean do you decide to be be a micro surgeon when you’ve got a manual tremor and visual impairment ?

Dazza  can’t  write clear coherent English. How the eff has he got this job ? why on earth do we give him headspace or even a click ? A One legged man at an arse kicking party springs to mind. About as useful as a car park extension at Wycombe! 

This bit is especially good:

'Derby midfielder Max Bird among the admirers'

It says the opposite of what he wants to say. A Twitter Spoonerism.

It should be called 'doing a Marilyn': During the filming of one scene of 'Some like it Hot', Marilyn Monroe  (as the character 'Sugar') had to say the line, 'It's me, Sugar' but kept saying, 'Sugar, it's  me,' which,  of course, is something quite different. (as an aside, she messed it up so many times that they had to write it down for her.)

11 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The only surprise is he didn't combine the stories and say we were looking at a swap deal involving Bird & Hogan.

I would take hogan but you would still want a few million on top to be able to get a couple of midfielders to strengthen us if we did lose bird. If i was bird i would be tempted of a move away because of the style we play on saturday he could of just stayed at home as we had no intensions of going down the middle it was just long over to the corner for NML.