Max Bird

Caerphilly Ram

19 hours ago, Andicis said:

Witcoop got every single Derby story wrong in the summer. Boring. He has no insider info on Derby.

I don’t think you can get anything wrong in football journalism these days. Birmingham will back Rooney. And Birmingham want Max Bird. I mean, it’s obvious stuff and while Brum may want Bird, it doesn’t say they will sign him.

Even when journalists write ‘set to sign’, if the deal doesn’t go through they have an easy out by claiming there was a last-minute snag and that happens in football. 

I don’t know why people pay any attention to transfers rumors anymore. 99% of it is just publications looking for clicks or agents feeding info with a different motive. May as well just wait for official news.

Edited by Bris Vegas

12 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I would take hogan but you would still want a few million on top to be able to get a couple of midfielders to strengthen us if we did lose bird. If i was bird i would be tempted of a move away because of the style we play on saturday he could of just stayed at home as we had no intensions of going down the middle it was just long over to the corner for NML. 

Hey he got the ball in the middle. If you are a great player you make yourself fit the system.

Birdy is great and in thinking terms a decimal point better than man of our journey but why should he move away ? He’s good but not Prem good yet. 

Absolutely no value to Derby in letting Bird go in Jan. A suitable replacement would be hard to find and not cheap. We'd be better served keeping him until the summer so he can help our promotion push, even if it means waiting on a tribunal to get paid.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely no value to Derby in letting Bird go in Jan. A suitable replacement would be hard to find and not cheap. We'd be better served keeping him until the summer so he can help our promotion push, even if it means waiting on a tribunal to get paid.

I tend to agree, do you have any confidence in Warne bringing in someone better? I certainly don’t based on who I have seen him bring in so far.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I tend to agree, do you have any confidence in Warne bringing in someone better? I certainly don’t based on who I have seen him bring in so far.

I suspect Warne wants more legs and energy in our midfield, which is fair enough, but I'd rather that was at the expense of anyone other than Max Bird as he is the closest thing to the total package we have got in that area of the pitch.

On 19/12/2023 at 08:21, valakari said:

Youve only picked Hogan because you can't spell Jutkeiwicz...who would have always been a good player for us!

I remember playing Birmingham a few years ago and Jutz scored two. It led the commentator to remark that Jutz had scored 11 of his then 99 career goals against Derby and therefore over 10% were against us 😂

On 20/12/2023 at 21:53, Blondest Goat said:

Leigh Curtis on the latest Rams Review podcast saying that the club believe they are in a strong position with Bird and believe they would probably get more by going down the compensation route than any offer they are likely to receive for him in January.

Hopefully drag ourselves out of this horrible division, tell him we’ll make him captain and hope he stays. 

Want the team building around him, Fornah, Wilson, Nelson, Wildsmith, a fit TJJ 👀 etc 

If we are forced to sell because he won’t commit to a new contract then it might not be the worst thing, depending on how much we get.

I’ve seen figures of about £2mil banded about. If we were to spend £2mil on a midfielder, I’d expect to get somebody who is a standout midfielder in this league. Max Bird isn’t that.

For comparison, Finn Azaz is going from Villa to Boro for £2mil and he is a much better player than Bird. We can definitely improve the team with those funds, if we made smart decisions in the market. 

Just now, Kernow said:

If we are forced to sell because he won’t commit to a new contract then it might not be the worst thing, depending on how much we get.

I’ve seen figures of about £2mil banded about. If we were to spend £2mil on a midfielder, I’d expect to get somebody who is a standout midfielder in this league. Max Bird isn’t that.

For comparison, Finn Azaz is going from Villa to Boro for £2mil and he is a much better player than Bird. We can definitely improve the team with those funds, if we made smart decisions in the market. 

I thought similar the other day during the Peterborough game. Their entire midfield 3 cost probably roughly what we’d want for Bird. Usual caveats obviously, only one game, different roles in teams etc but all 3 were excellent.

Selling Bird doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Historically we are poor buyers though so would depend what we did after.

Not a criticism of Bird really, he’s a very good footballer - for example I think if you put him in the Peterborough midfield with the way they play he’d look great. But rightly or wrongly we don’t play like that and I think if Paul Warne was building his ideal prototype midfielder it wouldn’t be anything like Max Bird. 

Can't see Bird leaving in the window purely because I can't see anybody spending £1.5m+ on him when his contract expires in the summer. I know we'll be entitled to compensation and my guess may be complete nonsense but i doubt we'd get £1.5m+ compo. 

Warne seems to rate him which is fair as he is our best midfielder, however for saying he's one of our own and has been with us for years, my personal attachment to him is minimal. 

Think he'll leave if we don't go up and is we do get promotion it'll be 50/50 if he stays or not. As long as he gives his all until the summer thats all we can ask for. 

32 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Can't see Bird leaving in the window purely because I can't see anybody spending £1.5m+ on him when his contract expires in the summer. I know we'll be entitled to compensation and my guess may be complete nonsense but i doubt we'd get £1.5m+ compo. 

Warne seems to rate him which is fair as he is our best midfielder, however for saying he's one of our own and has been with us for years, my personal attachment to him is minimal. 

Think he'll leave if we don't go up and is we do get promotion it'll be 50/50 if he stays or not. As long as he gives his all until the summer thats all we can ask for. 

Badly needs to practice his long range shooting. Bobby Charlton drew a 2 foot square on a brick wall 30 yards away and hit it regularly and didn’t look into the heavens while striking it.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Azaz hasn’t really played better than the third division has he? Bird can handle himself in the championship - I wouldn’t be expecting £2 million if we sold Bird in January and nether would any club under the premiership I suspect ( apart from Peterborough)