Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

Really looking forward to this. Missed the cup game so it seems an age since it was match day proper. Then there is the added Wycombe spice. 
Want to see more of Kane Wilson. I think he could be just handful of games away from being a full on “danger man” that teams fear. He’s on the cusp. Will he make it ? Will we be passive or on fire ? It’s my biggest “thing” this season. I have been entertained in style one week and hugely disappointed the next. One week we stroke the ball and look dynamic, the next we seem to need 3 touches for everything and lack pace and aggression. The last 5 games have seen a marked improvement. Saturday and a clean win will be a serious statement of intent and confirmation that we can go to the places we want to go to.

Who in the sick room is getting better ? If the gods are with us then PW might have some challenging but enjoyable selection decisions to make in January. If we all get fit and strong I believe we have a powerful squad with myriad options. Tommo, Washy, Wags, Wardy. WWW

35 minutes ago, jono said:

Yep !  You can kind of get Gibson .. felt done, bit spoilt, got in an anger groove very much like any of us when we get on a rant. It’s stupid from the outside with calm reflection, but when your in it you just can’t help yourself.

The Wycombe guy is just a smart talking wide boy shyster who thinks he’s clever and was looking to score for himself to someone else’s disadvantage without a single ounce of fact, morality or sportsmanship. Cowboy opportunist. Did it because he could. Right or wrong doesn’t matter one jot. 

Nah. Gibson, like the EFL, had us in his cross-hairs and was waiting for his chance. He kicked off about our stadium sale, conveniently forgetting that he had done similar with the Riverside stadium, only it wasn’t the actual stadium, it was a load if debt that the club had run up that he sold to one if his companies.  He was no different than Mel in that respect, but used a much more dodgy solution than a straight stadium sale. And his claim that our “cheating” (you know - that rule we broke that didn’t actually exist) cost Middlesbrough promotion was even more vacuous than the ambulance chaser’s claim. The main reason they weren’t promoted was them losing 7 of their last ten matches. 

He claimed his solicitor wasn’t available, deferring the hearings into the next season, and had a hand in the debate as to whether our alleged “debts” were football or non-football related, dumping us on the wring side of the transfer window, the prime reason we lost Phil Jagielka, and that sealed our fate. Then dial into the equation that suing another EFL club was against EFL rules - yes he actually broke a real rule, not a figment of the imagination applied retrospectively to get their own back. 

He allegedly has connections in high places, including Downing Street, making him someone who shouldn't be crossed.

But apart from that he is a thoroughly decent chap.

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Nah. Gibson, like the EFL, had us in his cross-hairs and was waiting for his chance. He kicked off about our stadium sale, conveniently forgetting that he had done similar with the Riverside stadium, only it wasn’t the actual stadium, it was a load if debt that the club had run up that he sold to one if his companies.  He was no different than Mel in that respect, but used a much more dodgy solution than a straight stadium sale. And his claim that our “cheating” (you know - that rule we broke that didn’t actually exist) cost Middlesbrough promotion was even more vacuous than the ambulance chaser’s claim. The main reason they weren’t promoted was them losing 7 of their last ten matches. 

He claimed his solicitor wasn’t available, deferring the hearings into the next season, and had a hand in the debate as to whether our alleged “debts” were football or non-football related, dumping us on the wring side of the transfer window, the prime reason we lost Phil Jagielka, and that sealed our fate. Then dial into the equation that suing another EFL club was against EFL rules - yes he actually broke a real rule, not a figment of the imagination applied retrospectively to get their own back. 

He allegedly has connections in high places, including Downing Street, making him someone who shouldn't be crossed.

But apart from that he is a thoroughly decent chap.

I know you’re right but at least Gibson had real money and tangible assets rather than money lenders and complex financial “instruments” ( I.e lead weights added to the entity that is the club) 

but yes, they wanted us and went for us, it was vindictive and in cooperation with the EFL.

Doesn’t alter the fact that Wycombe’s guy is a chancer, wide boy nobody without a single justification for his actions

32 minutes ago, jono said:

I know you’re right but at least Gibson had real money and tangible assets rather than money lenders and complex financial “instruments” ( I.e lead weights added to the entity that is the club) 

but yes, they wanted us and went for us, it was vindictive and in cooperation with the EFL.

Doesn’t alter the fact that Wycombe’s guy is a chancer, wide boy nobody without a single justification for his actions

Surely we can all agree on the fact that they are both cocks of the highest order?! 

Never forget the parasites. 

Don't even know whether I'm going as yet. 🙄
I've volunteered for a relay run helping laddo on his long-winded journey home from Kyiv to Les Landes... via Krakow ✈️ > Schiphol ✈️ > works Xmas do in Glasgow (3 day bender), then 🚅 to Derby Friday pm > Dad's 🚙 to Chaddo (one night only 😢), before I 🚙 him to Brum ✈️ "Sometime on Saturday"*, for his ongoing journey via Dublin ✈️, to Bordeaux ✈️, for his nouvelle mariée to pick him up for his final 🚗 leg back to the marital home in Les Landes.  😴

*No idea what time his Brum flight is, but I could hardly say no, 🐏 home fixture or no home fixture!  🤣 

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, admira said:

3rd for me. Was doing Burton but no longer thanks to Sky

It's fans like Me, You and 1967RAM who are the lifeblood of DCFC, "Everywhere we gooo people want to know, Who we are...where we come from, We are the Derby...the mighty mighty Derby", Yes come Rain, Sleet or Hot skies nothing will stop us...nothing I tell ya...true Rams fans ☺️😉

Edited by The Last Post

1 hour ago, admira said:

3rd for me. Was doing Burton but no longer thanks to Sky

Me n er indoors were flying over for the Burton game. The move to Monday scuppered that, partially. She is now staying in NL. I'm flying in on the Saturday morning. Attending Burton Rugby Club former players lunch on the Saturday. Visiting friends on the Sunday. Match on the Monday and back to NL on the Tuesday before flying to Fuerteventura on the Thursday. I love this pensioner lark. 

9 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

It's fans like Me, You and 1967RAM who are the lifeblood of DCFC, "Everywhere we gooo people want to know, Who we are...where we come from, We are the Derby...the mighty mighty Derby", Yes come Rain, Sleet or Hot skies nothing will stop us...nothing I tell ya...true Rams fans ☺️😉

Including pre season friendlies it’s my 31st, it’s a long old season, hope there’s some reward at the end🏆

37 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Including pre season friendlies it’s my 31st, it’s a long old season, hope there’s some reward at the end🏆

A few years ago, Derby did a draw for free season tickets for people who had done every league game, home and away. I know because my hubby won one of them, as did a mate of mine who travels on the Neppy bus. 

I think there were ten in total?

It didn't cost a lot and was a great gesture for the fans who put in the hard yards. 

I wish they'd reinstate it and I say this knowing neither of us would qualify this season.