Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

28 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

As someone prone to saying 'It's the hope that kills you'..

I've remembered now there is also the flip side. Whereas I've been looking for positives, seeing how few points outside the top 6 were are etc...

I'm now looking at Bolton and Portsmouth's fixture list and thinking they both have the easiest run of games I've ever seen!! And that only 3 points will do today...or we can kiss goodbye to top 2.

NB even if we romp clear and are top with games to spare, I'd be mithering who's out of contract, that we can't compete with the Championship teams, that the new right back seems injury prone and once said he enjoyed scoring a goal against us... its just a thankless task isn't it, the life of a football fan! 

Luckily we have an easy run too, all league one teams.

On 13/12/2023 at 19:55, Mucker1884 said:

Don't even know whether I'm going as yet. 🙄
I've volunteered for a relay run helping laddo on his long-winded journey home from Kyiv to Les Landes... via Krakow ✈️ > Schiphol ✈️ > works Xmas do in Glasgow (3 day bender), then 🚅 to Derby Friday pm > Dad's 🚙 to Chaddo (one night only 😢), before I 🚙 him to Brum ✈️ "Sometime on Saturday"*, for his ongoing journey via Dublin ✈️, to Bordeaux ✈️, for his nouvelle mariée to pick him up for his final 🚗 leg back to the marital home in Les Landes.  😴

*No idea what time his Brum flight is, but I could hardly say no, 🐏 home fixture or no home fixture!  🤣 

Ignore the above (Yeah, yeah... ha, ha, very funny!).

Turned out it was an early flight after all... already been there, dropped him off, back in time for a Greggs brunch, and now just chillin' and killin' 4 hours of yer English time, before heading off for my stroll to PPS this avvy. 

It was almost like it was never in doubt. 
It was almost like it's in my DNA, yoof!
It was almost like it was meant to be.
It was almost like it was planned from heaven above, to ensure I didn't miss the game.
This week, I am mainly being a little more B4.
xxx

🐏

16 hours ago, jono said:

I hope I didn’t miss anything of your story and that the surgery went well ? 
presumably, as you can still type things aren’t too bad. Get well soon ! I am sure you’ll be 100% with us on the airwaves 🍻🍻🍻

Good luck in your recovery Tamworth ram hope all went well. But in the spirit of B4, you can’t support the mighty rams lying in bed, get up , take a paracetamol and run it off and you’ll be in Pride Park in no time at all!

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Cheers buddy. I’ll be relying on this forum for carefully thought out and sensible updates 😀 as I can’t stand listening to footy on the radio. Nothing too serious in the scheme of things but I’ll probably miss the Lincoln game as well. As long as the Rams collect all 6 points I’ll be happy.

We have a big injury list and now forum members are ending up on the Physio table. It’s a shambles… Clowes out .

33 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I fancy us to really put down a marker today. Kiss of death I know, but we have been building up a head of steam I think 

I'm guessing you must mean in terms of 6 league wins in a row? 

Wycombe haven't won in 8 and have lost their last 4 in a row so beating them at home isn't much of a marker in itself!

This will potentially be one of those difficult games...

I'd imagine,given their run of form that that they will primarily put to stop the rot and the best way to do that against us is to just put everyman behind the ball and look to frustrate us.

This tactic is always out worst nightmare as we struggle to combat these s**those tactics.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

This will potentially be one of those difficult games...

I'd imagine,given their run of form that that they will primarily put to stop the rot and the best way to do that against us is to just put everyman behind the ball and look to frustrate us.

This tactic is always out worst nightmare as we struggle to combat these s**those tactics.

Are refs still adding loads of time at the end of games, like at the start of the season? Wycombe were the first team I thought of when that was going on. I've not noticed it as much lately, is that just me or did they quietly just stop doing it?

12 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Are refs still adding loads of time at the end of games, like at the start of the season? Wycombe were the first team I thought of when that was going on. I've not noticed it as much lately, is that just me or did they quietly just stop doing it?

If they added all the wasted time to Wycombe game we will still be playing on Tuesday, Wycombes main tactic is time wasting.😳😳🐏🐏🐏