Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've just watched Bradley pass a ball straight to one of their players and then completely missed the ball when he slid to clear..

Hurry Up GIF by Luis Ricardo

So you’ve called out two things he’s got wrong and ignored all the decent/good stuff he’s done?

Is he the only player to have given the ball away and miss a challenge tonight or in any game come to think of it?

I think he had a decent game but I guess some people just need a player to pick on.

31 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

No doubt those that didn't watch the game will see a 3-0 scoreline and think this was an easy win. It flatters us somewhat. There are most certainly not 3 goals between the sides.

I don’t think anybody who has followed Derby County for any period of time and not been there tonight would ever assume a 3-0 win would be easy. Far from it. I imagine most people will assume we were lucky, the other team were rubbish or only picked a weak team etc etc. If they’re in the anti-Warne lobby then we definitely won in spite of his management. 

‘‘tis the way of a Derby fan. 

Enjoyable win. One day we might face an opposition who actually provide some, you know, opposition (it's just all too easy at the minute) but for now it's just nice to see some good football played and some players showing their class and building up some form to carry through to league games. 

Bizarre post imo to say 3 goals flattered us. 5 wouldn't.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

26 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

No not 3 goals, but with better finishing, 5 would be fair.

IMG_0903.jpeg

So with this XG malarkey, does that mean we should have won by 2.04 to 0.87 ? .. so a bit better than 2-1 ?

3-0 seems to suggest XG is a tad flawed ? .. id est .. we got 50% more than XG and then they got .. errrm zero, no votes at all, not a sausage 

21 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Fans who care a deal more about being right than they do their club winning. I didn't want Warne but I'm so feckin sick of the carping from certain 'supporters' on here I hope he sees out his contract now just to wind them up.

Yep some people just want to slag off our manager and chosen players no matter what , each to they’re own I guess but I just don’t get it ,

3 minutes ago, David said:

An alternative view to this would be, long may this continue!

The danger with that is believing we're better than we actually are before facing a harsh reality check.

I just don't think that reality check is likely to happen (for any sustained period of games) while we're in League One!

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The danger with that is believing we're better than we actually are before facing a harsh reality check.

I just don't think that reality check is likely to happen while we're in League One!

Worry about that if and when we aren’t in this league. 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

So with this XG malarkey, does that mean we should have won by 2.04 to 0.87 ? .. so a bit better than 2-1 ?

3-0 seems to suggest XG is a tad flawed ? .. id est .. we got 50% more than XG and then they got .. errrm zero, no votes at all, not a sausage 

Just ignore xG. Seriously ignore it. Some rogue stat some nerds have come up with for the hipsters.

xG is the fruity IPA's of the alcohol world.

Stick to the Madri/Goals Scored

Good to see that TJJ looks to be a good finisher, we have missed that. Also good to se Ward in action again and Birds calming influence on the pitch is always a joy to watch. 

Cashin had some really good long range passes to Wilson which I would like to see more often as well as Collins finding the net.

Good performance in what never really felt that competitive. Time to look at a trip to London. 

On 01/12/2023 at 21:56, europia said:

Difficult to raise any enthusiasm for this rather meaningless event. Wonder if the gate receipts would even cover the cost of switching the floodlights on ??

Well I don’t know about that, but do us season ticket holders get first dibs on the Wembley tickets?

p.s, did we win?

8 minutes ago, jono said:

More like 5-2 so still a 3 goal margin?

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I just don't think that reality check is likely to happen while we're in League One!

That’s OK then. If/when we get back into the Championship I reckon the team will look a tad different.