Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

19 minutes ago, Justa said:

That’s a sudden turn around ?

You have to appreciate when the writing is on the wall.

I think everyone - no matter which camp you are in - needed to see a response today and we were all willing Warne and the team to succeed.

We needed some kind of reaction, even rallying back to draw 2-2 would have been a positive sign, but it didn’t materialise.

We had an indefensibly poor start to the season with many undercooked performances, but I am sure I wasn’t alone in thinking we’d recover.

Yet now at a time when we should start seeing green shoots, we’ve taken 1 point from 9 in away games v Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and Stevenage and undone all of the good work of winning away v Blackpool, Burton and Peterborough.

We’re 10th and five points from the play offs. It’s not an impossible position to recover with 32 games to go, but you can sense when a manager has something left to give. Sadly I don’t think Warne has.

The thing that gets to me is, ok, we turn them into a team that fights more and wins the physical batles, but when we do win them, then what? From what I've seen of the season so far a tiny bit more actual nouse in the final third probably would have us top six.

I hate this every time there's a "board of passing to each other lets gets a proper aggressive get at em manager" our team is 💩 at doing it and our fans hate watching it. No one is looking back back at Gary Rwett's side with misty eyes and Nigel Pearson was an abortion.

Fed up.

Going nowhere trying to pass and move and score perfect goals is preferable to going nowhere trying to make skilled footballers out thug thug teams who are just better at it.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You have to appreciate when the writing is on the wall.

I think everyone - no matter which camp you are in - needed to see a response today and we were all willing Warne and the team to succeed.

We needed some kind of reaction, even rallying back to draw 2-2 would have been a positive sign, but it didn’t materialise.

We had an indefensibly poor start to the season with many undercooked performances, but I am sure I wasn’t alone in thinking we’d recover.

Yet now at a time when we should start seeing green shoots, we’ve taken 1 point from 9 in away games v Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and Stevenage and undone all of the good work of winning away v Blackpool, Burton and Peterborough.

We’re 10th and five points from the play offs. It’s not an impossible position to recover with 32 games to go, but you can sense when a manager has something left to give. Sadly I don’t think Warne has.

A longer U Turn than an oil tanker 

12 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Hull in the play of places. Their young manager is doing a very good job. Seems he was at a club in the league below as caretaker manager before joining them. Foolishly the league one club decided to let him go to get in someone with more experience. They must be kicking themselves.

Their fans are still a bit divided because some find the football boring and don't think he shows enough attacking intent, is a bit too safety first.

The opinion is he's brought in too many young players and they need a few experienced heads in the squad to help them. Their lack of regular home wins a  concern.

...but they also feel he's starting to be a bit more proactive, the football is showing signs of improving they're are generally willing to see how things develop if given time.

Edited by Kokosnuss

17 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Did anyone else feel that Warne has made a few comments about the club being too big. At the time they were taken as jokes and in the context of cutting away the excess fat. Making us less bloated and more lean. I always got the feeling the size of the club annoyed him, especially when he would lightly moan about DCFC loving meetings have having lots of department heads, too many staff to remember the name of etc. 

Does that point to a deeper point that he just wishes we were Rotherham with more money and the fans ambitions of one day having a thriving and big club back in the Prem are silly and egotistical to him??

He's out of his depth on multiple levels. 

Ipswich recognized it just wasn’t working under Paul Cook - a manager with a decent reputation and who many thought would get Ipswich going. It just never worked out for him there.

Paul Warne isn’t a bad manager. But what he is trying here just won’t work. The fans won’t accept it. Technical footballers won’t accept it. We have to get rid and bring in a manager who will look at our better players and play to their strengths.

Getting rid of Liam Rosenior was an awful lack of judgement.

Keeping Warne would be even worse.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ipswich recognized it just wasn’t working under Paul Cook - a manager with a decent reputation and who many thought would get Ipswich going. It just never worked out for him there.

Paul Warne isn’t a bad manager. But what he is trying here just won’t work. The fans won’t accept it. Technical footballers won’t accept it. We have to get rid and bring in a manager who will look at our better players and play to their strengths.

Getting rid of Liam Rosenior was an awful lack of judgement.

Keeping Warne would be even worse.

Young Liam has Hull in the play off spots 👏

6 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Their fans are still a bit divided because some find the football boring and don't think he shows enough attacking intent, is a bit too safety first.

The opinion is he's brought in too many young players and they need a few experienced heads in the squad to help them. Their lack of regular home wins a  concern.

...but they also feel he's starting to be a bit more proactive, the football is showing signs of improving they're are generally willing to see how things develop if given time.

Parts of that sound familiar. 

Given time I’m sure he’d of got us out of this league.

Edited by 8Leeds

27 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Did anyone else feel that Warne has made a few comments about the club being too big. At the time they were taken as jokes and in the context of cutting away the excess fat. Making us less bloated and more lean. I always got the feeling the size of the club annoyed him, especially when he would lightly moan about DCFC loving meetings have having lots of department heads, too many staff to remember the name of etc. 

Does that point to a deeper point that he just wishes we were Rotherham with more money and the fans ambitions of one day having a thriving and big club back in the Prem are silly and egotistical to him??

I get that as well. I think he has totally underestimated the actual size of the club and the position it was/still in and the structure and footballing philosophy we have played to for near around the last 10 years. It's hard to write that without looking big headed but that's what we are and it's weird that it seems he's quite shameful of that. His defeated attitude towards winning back the fans in the interview this afternoon just shows that he's not totally invested in the football club. 

He's painted in a good light that he's open in interviews but i see him as very very suffocating, inflexible and stubborn. At a time like this I bet his insistence on chatting on whatsapp and needing to be in the personal lives of players especially let's say tomorrow after this afternoons performance must really rub the wrong way on certain players. 

Another aspect that stuck with me was an Rams Tv interview he did in spain after we sold Knight when he said along the lines of 'player's on the last year of their contract are not going to be committed performance wise'. Most of our squad is out of contract in the summer? I feel he sounded his own death knell with these players.

Edited by eddielewis

Absolutely has to go. It must be at about 99% of fans who want him gone now.

Let’s get a young progressive manager in and start doing what we should have been doing when we had a great chance to reset 18 months ago. Sign young players, create value in the squad through generating assets, see ourselves as a selling club who reinvest what we bring in. Mistakes have been made, learn from them.

43 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I can see this thread about the Stevenage game is in danger of descending into a Warne out thread, do you reckon we aught to start a 'Warne out' thread and discuss it further in there?

TOO LATE. The descent happened ages ago.