Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I like the way you use your own metrics to describe our position in the table.

Let's hope we don't get promoted in the automatics then find out we only had 1.97 and the fa decide to use Carl Sagan's system instead and send us back down,that would be so disappointing.

We are second, but Warne himself has talked about points per game a few times so it does seem like he's aware of it.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Now we're back up in (effective) 3rd place, based on points per game, we're again faced with the question of can we push on? Will we move properly into the automatic places and, if so, can we cement our place there? 

Warne knows we need to haul ourselves over the 2 points per game mark, and the players know that too. Will we fall back again, or will we finally seize the opportunity? Is it a question more for the players or the manager? Is it for the manager to instill the right mindset in his players? 

Warne is proving himself a pragmatist and our trajectory has been upwards, but is his ceiling the playoffs or automatics? I'm so pleased we're within touching distance, but because we haven't yet gone further, I'm not totally convinced. I am more convinced that a few months ago. 

Is it not a moot point until things are in our own hands? Until then it doesn't matter what we do - we could be brilliant and win every game left this season and still end up in the play offs if Pompey and Bolton do the same.

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Is it not a moot point until things are in our own hands? Until then it doesn't matter what we do - we could be brilliant and win every game left this season and still end up in the play offs if Pompey and Bolton do the same.

Except that we won every game we would beat Pompey and Bolton and they would also have to play each other so on that basis Pompey and Bolton couldn’t win every game 😉😅

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I like the way you use your own metrics to describe our position in the table.

Let's hope we don't get promoted in the automatics then find out we only had 1.97 and the fa decide to use Carl Sagan's system instead and send us back down,that would be so disappointing.

It's hardly my own metric. At the end of the season, the league table catches up with points per game to reveal the "true" positions. Effectively we're all close to 2 points a game, so if we'd all played the same amount of games, Bolton would be 3 or 4 points ahead of us, and Portsmouth 2, and we'd be a point ahead of Posh. That's the best way of objectively viewing the table right now, to judge our position. 

It's interesting how we all view it isn't it. We're second at the moment but I think we're fourth as I'm expecting Peterborough and Bolton to win. Both have two away games this week, let's see.

If we play like we did at Oxford / Wigan we'll win every game, not so with the Reading performance.

Load of balls!

No point rocking the boat now, whether he gets us up or not, shake hands at the end of the season wish Warne well, then go our separate ways.

Not good enough, 6/10 (C-) football that reminds you of a trip to the dentist.

We’ll lose somewhere between 2 or 3 thousand off the gates next year if he’s still in charge, serving up this warm diarrhoea.

My mood tonight = 😞

Just now, Birdyabroad said:

Load of balls!

No point rocking the boat now, whether he gets us up or not, shake hands at the end of the season wish Warne well, then go our separate ways.

We’ll lose somewhere between 2 or 3 thousand off the gates next year if he’s still in charge, serving up this warm diarrhoea.

My mood tonight = 😞

Clowes won’t part ways with Warne. He will give him until 10+ games of next season before even considering a change.

It will definitely hit the attendances next season though, either way whether we’re in the Championship or League One.

It’s not good when I enjoyed our relegation season under Rooney more than this season. I genuinely came away from that season happy with performances on the pitch. 

Just a reminder for some people. Paul Warne has won automatic promotion from this league twice. But if we fail autos, Paul Warne has also won a playoff final in this league. He also won the EFL trophy which I think means he has 100% record in Wembley finals.  Just for those saying he doesn’t have the tactics to win the big games. 

41 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Load of balls!

My mood tonight = 😞

Like going to the dentist 🤣👏

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just a reminder for some people. Paul Warne has won automatic promotion from this league twice. But if we fail autos, Paul Warne has also won a playoff final in this league. He also won the EFL trophy which I think means he has 100% record in Wembley finals.  Just for those saying he doesn’t have the tactics to win the big games. 

That’s ok then 😊

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If we end up in the play off final I’ll make sure I buy a seat in the top tier so the ball is at eye level the majority of the time

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That’s ok then 😊

Yes it’s means he has pedigree at this level, has us right in the mix in a wide open season with us being second, you’d think we were midtable bottom half by some of the comments. 

If he doesn’t get us up this season then questions should be asked. The comments are the same every week and they are lazy. Banging on about style of play even when in some games we’ve actually played good football.

I was all set for him to go after that Stevenage defeat and said he needed an amazing run to keep in the job, he’s had that run and put us right in the mix. I don’t understand those who literally wait for us to drop points (some even don’t wait for that) to spout the same old crap. There are two teams in any game and Shrewsbury made that a right royal scrap and downright ugly, not Warne’s tactics IMO. 

I think he will get us up. I think he should get us up, his real test is how competitive can we be with him in the championship and on that I’m not convinced. But while he’s here I’ll continue to back him until it becomes abundantly clear we need a change and right now with us second in the league no one can say we need a change while keeping a straight face.