Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

39 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Occasionally you have to adjust your formation to suit the opponent but why we faf about with it quite as much as we do I don’t know.

This squad is ideal for 433 especially now we have some bite in the middle. We’ve got decent wide men so I don’t understand why we don’t utilise is more often then not, especially at home to Shrewsbury.

Occasionally yes, when perhaps you are lacking in confidence, or playing a team above you and on a roll, but when at home, on a great run, against a team that have a dreadful away record and are way below you in the league?

Yes, maybe coming to Pride Park is their cup final. It will be the same for most Premier League teams going to Man City, or Championship teams going to Leicester. Are they tinkering with their formation? I doubt it.

And using having Cashin out missing as an excuse is poor. We have enough CHs to keep a consistent formation.

PW needs to establish an identity, recruit to it, and play that way consistently. You'd think this far into the season we would have stopped bloody tinkering. We are 2/3rds through the season. We should know what we are doing by now 

Just now, Addingham Ram said:

Occasionally yes, when perhaps you are lacking in confidence, or playing a team above you and on a roll, but when at home, on a great run, against a team that have a dreadful away record and are way below you in the league?

Yes, maybe coming to Pride Park is their cup final. It will be the same for most Premier League teams going to Man City, or Championship teams going to Leicester. Are they tinkering with their formation? I doubt it.

And using having Cashin out missing as an excuse is poor. We have enough CHs to keep a consistent formation.

PW needs to establish an identity, recruit to it, and play that way consistently. You'd think this far into the season we would have stopped bloody tinkering. We are 2/3rds through the season. We should know what we are doing by now 

Warne will always err on the side of caution. That's my biggest worry about him.

Saying we needed three at the back to compensate for Cashin doesn't exactly demonstrate he has confidence in the rest of our defence.

Keeping CBT on the bench, when he might show a bit of spark up front? Give him 20 minutes. 

Should have started the game more attacking and then shored it up at the back if we needed to. Instead, he'd only got less defensive subs to bring on having used the "solid" players to start with.

I don't think 8 shots in 90 minutes is an acceptable return yesterday.

He set the dour tone from the off, gave Shrewsbury a platform to hold on to , one goal is never enough at our level.

Maybe away from home it would have been justified, but we aren't going to score goals when we always seem to be playing with the handbrake on.

11 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Completely agree 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Warne will always err on the side of caution. That's my biggest worry about him.

Saying we needed three at the back to compensate for Cashin doesn't exactly demonstrate he has confidence in the rest of our defence.

Keeping CBT on the bench, when he might show a bit of spark up front? Give him 20 minutes. 

Should have started the game more attacking and then shored it up at the back if we needed to. Instead, he'd only got less defensive subs to bring on having used the "solid" players to start with.

He set the dour tone from the off, gave Shrewsbury a platform to hold on to , one goal is never enough at our level.

Maybe away from home it would have been justified, but we aren't going to score goals when we always seem to be playing with the handbrake on.

Yes, completely agree. I'm not one for bashing the manager generally but I think it's becoming clear that PW has really only got lower league experience and success at that level by having the underdog mentality we are seeing now. We are not in control of games we are not retaining the ball as we should. Yes, we are second in the table in league 1 but my goodness, and here's the problem for me, our play is basically not very good and as a result not very enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, vonwright said:

Wait - you mean there are restrictions on how many passes we can take before we lump it aimlessly forward?

Curse you, EFL!

Clearly you don’t watch Derby then when you come to that conclusion about us aimlessly lumping it forward. I keep looking for this long ball game Warne supposedly plays and in 18 months or so of him being here. Haven’t seen it. 

I have no faith in this squad and management setup to navigate the playoffs. 

Too cautious, not enough arrogance.

We can't use administration as an excuse forever, we have the tools to get the job done this season. At some point the management team and players need to remember that they are representing the biggest club in this division in front of the biggest crowds in this division and act accordingly.

All this sitting back and trying to hold out against dross like Shrewsbury is farcical. Get stuck in to them and project some confidence. If Warne can't be that manager and foster that attitude then we should find someone who can.

13 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Just a reminder. Paul Warne also has a 100% record of being relegated from the championship at every attempt

Next you will be telling us rishi sunaks mother was a chemist

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But somewhere down the line isn’t going to the football about being entertained.? Someone compared watching us at the moment is like a visit to the dentist 🤔 Someone also asked when was the last time we played well at home. I honestly can’t remember. The fact I haven’t been this season speaks volumes. I travelled to away games under Jewell and Tan Man….just can’t muster up any enthusiasm to watch what is being served up at the moment.

No poop Sherlock 😂, you’ve also gone on to say you havnt watched all the games on tv but just a few , yet your on here constantly banging on about how poor we are playing and calling for the mangers head 

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The club should commission a DVD at the end of the year with the highlights of this seasons football and should be made available on the NHS to be sent to anyone suffering with insomnia.

Or produce a book of this forums warne bashing posts🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Strangely enough I’ve been more concerned that we threw caution to the wind and left ourselves wide open in the middle and at the back far too much up until the last few games 🤷🏻‍♂️

57 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Clearly you don’t watch Derby then when you come to that conclusion about us aimlessly lumping it forward. I keep looking for this long ball game Warne supposedly plays and in 18 months or so of him being here. Haven’t seen it. 

Tell us then what Derby is like playing under Warne….in your own words 😊

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

No poop Sherlock 😂, you’ve also gone on to say you havnt watched all the games on tv but just a few , yet your on here constantly banging on about how poor we are playing and calling for the mangers head 

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

When did I say I haven’t seen many games? We obviously want different things from our days out at the footie. For you, the results are all that matter. For me there is a balance between getting results and being entertained. What I have seen, over half of the games,  is pretty dour and turgid stuff, if that rocks your boat good for you Poirot 😊

2 hours ago, angieram said:

A post that puts some other posts to shame...post of the day 👏

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Or produce a book of this forums warne bashing posts🤷🏻‍♂️

Good idea tbf.

Whenever Warne actually does something that addresses the concerns and complaints raised on here we seem to improve, and when he reverts to type things start to go wrong.

Producing a little guidebook for him to reference could be a masterstroke.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Tell us then what Derby is like playing under Warne….in your own words 😊

A competitive league one outfit second in the league. Some performances this season with ultra aggressive pressing and free flowing football when allowed to. 

The standard of the league is pretty poor and the matches can be difficult to watch. It’s a league problem. We need to get out of this league. 

The point I was making in the post you refer to is not once have I seen this Warne team persistently play aimless long ball and the ball being in the air more than on the ground. To say so is just untrue and a lazy stereotype based on Warne’s perceived style at Rotherham. Recent games I’ve seen centre halves split and Vickers playing the ball out to the side of the box then into midfield. That’s not lumping it.