Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

57 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Aye. I've asked before but what does he do?

What are his attributes?

How do they got in with anything Warne says he wants us to do?

Why was he so keen to bring him in? To prioritise a portion of our budget on a player he doesn't even seem to know how to use?

We / he can't complain about not being able to afford a better striker when we've wasted resources on this turkey

I can only think maybe he used to be quicker and more mobile? Is hard to see what he offers. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

What about the team today you've included 3 players in your team which weren't even in the team today 

I chose all players who were in the squad today? I don’t understand your point? I’m saying the squad is good enough to produce a team capable of automatics and I’m only using players from the match day squad to illustrate that as they’re clearly available to Warne. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I chose all players who were in the squad today? I don’t understand your point? I’m saying the squad is good enough to produce a team capable of automatics and I’m only using players from the match day squad to illustrate that as they’re clearly available to Warne. 

How do you know that squad is capable of reaching the top 2 without just saying they are.

8 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

At the moment we're a barely average L1 club. That's down to tactics, formation and instructions, not player ability.  Genuinely think the players are trying, doing what they've been told to do.  That's on one person. 

For me there has to be some responsibility on the players as well as Warne. There were chances today, as there were against Cheltenham and in other games this season. Performances aren’t great, tactics are one dimensional etc and that all sits with Warne…not being able hit the target or put a shot either side of the keeper when you do hit the target or find a rams player with a set piece etc has to at least partly sit with the players. 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

He was frustrated with his team mates all game. Asking them to up the tempo of the passing.

Then who's at fault, The manager? or the other players?, There's something not right at DCFC, I keep reading on here that we have a squad on paper that should at least be top 2, I follow the games on here when I'm at home, There's posters who have a very good knowledge of the game that keep saying the formation is wrong, Player A, B and C are playing out of position, That we have bought aging players on supposedly very good wages, Or players that were injured/injury prone before we signed them...Washington and Bradley come to mind, That we seem to have a terrible injury record.

I'm on the outside looking in, And what I have read since the beginning of the season is...that PWs formation/substitutions are not what the posters accept for a club "our size" also I notice those that were fully behind PW have either thrown the towel in or are close to calling for his head.

I was a fully paid up member of the PW fan club when he arrived, Some weren't, Around Xmas time until the end of March injury stopped me from going, Once fit...ish I started going again but the football got worse, I missed the last 4 home games(ST holder)as I couldn't be arsed, There has either got to be a huge shift in players attitude/performance for the better or David Clowes is going to find that Pride Park isn't a nice place to be...and if that happens there's only 1 outcome...a P45 irrespective of the cost...imo.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing went on a darting run through a crowd of bodies with just over 20 minutes to go before laying it off to Louie Sibley in the box ...

Not your point, but why didn't Nat hit it? There's no confidence anywhere is there.

I think it's time for Warne to go. The football isn't improving, we aren't working or building towards anything, we aren't entertaining or coherent in our play. As fans, I think there needs to be something to feel optimism and hope about, and to look forward to and it's just gone for me now. Time to hit reset.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How do you know that squad is capable of reaching the top 2 without just saying they are.

Because I’ve now watched over 60 matches in this division and have seen the quality of the other teams. I’ve then looked at the fact that the 3 best teams by far last year went up and were replaced by much weaker competition. On top of that the bookies have us favourites to win the league before a ball has been kicked and you don’t see many poor bookies. We also further strengthened the squad after the bookies placed us top. 

But the biggest thing is that I’ve seen the Portsmouth match where their squad didn’t look better than ours aside from Bishop being better than anything we have up top.