Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What absolute bull...

People will accept a defeat if the level of performance in good enough. It isn't, and hasn't been often enough this season. Hence, why people are fed up with what we're being given.

So a comment about the toxic atmosphere gets a toxic comment from a usual suspect. Seems the haters are taking over here. Cheerio. It’s really not worth the bother if you are just going to get shouted down. So much for discussion.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Few random thoughts from yesterday now the dust has settled.

Wildsmith back to his best and but for his efforts it was a much worse defeat.

Full backs both did ok defensively but offered little threat going forward.

Nelson was ok. 

Cashin poor in my opinion. Got dumped on his arse a couple of times. Passing woeful. Looking like we've missed a trick with not taking £4m from Brighton.

Midfield, other than Bird, who is the only player that looks capable of doing anything creative or exciting, were pretty poor.

Sibley, as usual when starting, was largely anonymous.

Barkhuizen probably our biggest attacking threat.

Collins always seems to be everywhere other than where he should be. Think the longest he spent in shot was when he was arguing with the ref about a foul on Wildsmith in our area. Think that pretty much sums things up about him. 

Out of the subs, Hourihane was probably the best but only really based on effort rather than any telling contribution...other than his goal!

Warne has got to have the balls to front up to the fans after that performance. Throwing the lambs to the slaughter will inevitably not end well for him.

Looked to me like Shrewsbury had moved the touchline in 5 yards, knowing that would ruin Warne's one and only plan.

Referee had a stinker, with some really bizarre decisions. However, until retrospective action is taken against cheats, like their forward, they will continue to have an impossibly hard job.

Seen this idea that shrews made the pitch narrow in size for yesterday’s game posted a few times , pretty sure clubs have to give dimensions ( within limits ) at the start of a season and then stick with them all season 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Seen this idea that shrews made the pitch narrow in size for yesterday’s game posted a few times , pretty sure clubs have to give dimensions ( within limits ) at the start of a season and then stick with them all season 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not 100% sure but I think you have to submit your pitch dimensions at the start of the season and you can’t change them after that.

36 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m not 100% sure but I think you have to submit your pitch dimensions at the start of the season and you can’t change them after that.

You can change the dimensions any time within the max and min limits. They usually keep them the same as they match up the training pitches and training drills to suit. Seem to remember Jim Smith moving the side lines in and out a few times depending on who we were playing. But some places are tight so never move, the BBG and Highbury spring to mind as they were the smallest pitches in the league back then.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Yes obviously everyones pitch has to be within certain parameters but it looked liked from the cut of the grass that the touchline was at least 5 yards in from where it has been for other games.

14 minutes ago, winktheram said:

You can change the dimensions any time within the max and min limits. They usually keep them the same as they match up the training pitches and training drills to suit. Seem to remember Jim Smith moving the side lines in and out a few times depending on who we were playing. But some places are tight so never move, the BBG and Highbury spring to mind as they were the smallest pitches in the league back then.

Rule 13.2 of the EFL handbook states that clubs must register their pitch dimensions at the start of the season and these can only be altered during the season with the EFL’s written consent which will be only be given in exceptional circumstances.

Maybe it was different in Jim Smith’s time.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Rule 13.2 of the EFL handbook states that clubs must register their pitch dimensions at the start of the season and these can only be altered during the season with the EFL’s written consent which will be only be given in exceptional circumstances.

Maybe it was different in Jim Smith’s time.

Don’t remember Smith ever changing them. We made use of the wider pitch at Pride Park. There was definitely a manager afterwards who made it narrower. Maybe Pearson.

1 minute ago, TZM said:

Don’t remember Smith ever changing them. We made use of the wider pitch at Pride Park. There was definitely a manager afterwards who made it narrower. Maybe Pearson.

I don’t remember Smith changing things either or Pearson. If he did though, it must have been a preseason change or the rules were different then. The current rules are clear - you can’t change your pitch size mid season.

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t remember Smith changing things either or Pearson. If he did though, it must have been a preseason change or the rules were different then. The current rules are clear - you can’t change your pitch size mid season.

It might have even been Davies. Someone definitely did. But yeah, has to be done at the beginning of the season. Just like when you chose or declined the multi ball system.

Edited by TZM

5 hours ago, Archied said:

We need a pitch with the sides up so some of our shots might deflect in.

6 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Yesterday was the first time in my life I've ever stopped watching a game while Derby were still in the game. I stopped after around 75mins because it was just too boring. Worse football I've seen us play ever (except 07/08). 

It’s getting boring reading the intransigence and polarisation in the conversations we seem to have running at the moment. It’s hardly worth reading 50% of the posts because you see a name and know exactly what the tone and message will be. Predictable, knee jerk reactions. Anyway, see you all Tuesday 🤣

2 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s getting boring reading the intransigence and polarisation in the conversations we seem to have running at the moment. It’s hardly worth reading 50% of the posts because you see a name and know exactly what the tone and message will be. Predictable, knee jerk reactions. Anyway, see you all Tuesday 🤣

Yeah! Like me: Just how useless was the ref yesterday? (Answer: not as crap as us!)

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Perhaps works both ways.