Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

We need to stop making excuses for the manager and his coaches. This is Warne’s team m, he put this squad together for this season.  Since he won manager of the month in I think Feb last season with a squad he inherited, we have systematically gone backwards on every level as a team and how we play - it is simply awful football to watch.  People keep saying that on paper we have a brilliant squad. Well if we have it can only be down to the manager, coaches and the tactics and style we are asking them to play. 
it is simply not good enough and it’s bloody awful to watch. For Warne to say after todays match that there isn’t a lot wrong is utter b******* - there is so much wrong and if he can’t see that and can’t make the changes required to make our ‘on paper’ great squad perform to a much better standard and play a game that is positive and good to watch, then he needs to bugger off and/or be sacked.  His excuses aren’t credible and he’s mugging us off !!  
I don’t like calling for managers heads, but ts getting to the point that he is just rubbing his wage !!! 

Didn't fully compete 1st half. They had more chances, I feel we had the better of them. The penalty? That going over was justice as the bloke tripped himself up with no white shirt within 4 yards.... awful decision.

Much better 2nd half. Enough chances in both halves to have got at least a point, possibly more. Lacking that "bite" to put the chances away.

Hourihane scored the winner and we lost.

25 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Sad to see the toxic atmosphere here on the forum. Many fans think we are entitled to a result every week, and don’t grasp the fact that wins have to be scraped out every game. That’s the nature of the league we are in, and the ,imitations still upon us.

yes, it was a poor game, but so what. Move on and keep supporting the team, booing and abusing the players does not help one little bit, nor will sacking the manager before half of the season has passed. The time to consider this is at the end of this season, or a little earlier if it’s obvious a play off position won’t be obtained.

What absolute bull...

People will accept a defeat if the level of performance in good enough. It isn't, and hasn't been often enough this season. Hence, why people are fed up with what we're being given.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Collins looks piss poor because he’s being asked to just run around chasing lost causes and trying to get on the end of crap service. He’s not the best striker in the division but with the supporting acts we’ve got he should be a solid contributor. 

Let’s say Mac came in. He’d have the team actually passing to each other and moving in a way that creates openings. He’d probably start Waghorn because Waghorn is better at bringing others into play than Collins but Mac managed to get Sammon on the score sheet for some important goals and found a role for him late on in games… 

Hed be asking collins to show for the ball , control it and find a white shirt more than half a dozen times again

do u not remember when martin was out  and we tried with someone else  … i forget who but the constant narrative from the crowd and on here was it didnt work and that we needed two up top.. mac refused to change it and we fell away from the play offs 

if u dont have a striker who can hold/ control the ball ur facing an uphill battle 

46 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Sad to see the toxic atmosphere here on the forum. Many fans think we are entitled to a result every week, and don’t grasp the fact that wins have to be scraped out every game. That’s the nature of the league we are in, and the ,imitations still upon us.

yes, it was a poor game, but so what. Move on and keep supporting the team, booing and abusing the players does not help one little bit, nor will sacking the manager before half of the season has passed. The time to consider this is at the end of this season, or a little earlier if it’s obvious a play off position won’t be obtained.

Nobody feels entitled to anything. 

Paul Warne said at the start of his tenure that supporters want to see entertaining football and that’s what he wants to deliver. 

He isn’t delivering on his promise on any level. 

Why don’t we give him the 4 years and see where we end up. 

26 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Hed be asking collins to show for the ball , control it and find a white shirt more than half a dozen times again

do u not remember when martin was out  and we tried with someone else  … i forget who but the constant narrative from the crowd and on here was it didnt work and that we needed two up top.. mac refused to change it and we fell away from the play offs 

if u dont have a striker who can hold/ control the ball ur facing an uphill battle 

We fell away under Mac for far more reasons than Martin being out.

More that multiple players in key positions were out - multiple options in each position - in a system we knew for a fact was brilliant when it worked and have us a real chance of automatic promotion in a style that could then be developed further if we went up.

Even if Warne had a full squad available this season  from game one to now, there's nothing to suggest or prove that results would have been better than they have been or the play any more enjoyable to watch.

It's not like when players do come back to fitness and get in the team we collectively go "ahhhhh, I see what we've been missing, we'll kick on now"

The biggest miss for Warneball being a success is (arguably).Ward. He may have provided some better crosses (although Peterborough fans think he hit the first man more often than not), but we'd likely be playing with wingbacks and looking worse defensively despite a potential. increased hit-rate with the crosses.

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Nobody feels entitled to anything. 

Paul Warne said at the start of his tenure that supporters want to see entertaining football and that’s what he wants to deliver. 

He isn’t delivering on his promise on any level. 

Why don’t we give him the 4 years and see where we end up. 

Please no was one of the happy clappers but I’ve had enough 

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Oh absolutely, Mac's squad was unbelievable. I still think we'd get more out of this squad by encouraging them to play football a bit. Imagine having someone like Hourihane and still not trying to set up as a passing side. I'm not in any way trying to say the team are anywhere near Mac's, just that we need to exploit what we're good at. Rather than trying to force a style of play we clearly aren't ever going to succeed with.

Fair 👏🏻

18 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I don’t believe our anonymous Mr Clowes is strong enough to replace our inept manager, his clearly inept coaching team and recruitment team. I would be happy to write off this season if we found investors, formed a proper board, got rid of Warne and his immediate team and start again. We are heading nowhere at the moment. I can take a loss but our football is disorganised and woeful. 

This maybe true, I believe they have a good employer/employee relationship...but...Clowes has a commercial pilots licence where a mistake could cost lives, He's at the head of a very successful business where being lax with employees can cost you your business, So a strong character is needed. 

But, This is football and not all Chairman bring their business acumen to a football club, 1st off he's given PW/staff a whopping 4 year contract, 2nd he was DCs choice...if he sacks him then it shows that he failed with his choice, 3rd the cost of dismissing all of those people would be a fortune...a fortune that would have to be found from somewhere 🤷‍♂️

As I said in an earlier post, If things get toxic at PP there could be a sacking or 2 or there could be a for sale sign in the car park, Once fans start to turn against you...and the togetherness that was there some 2 years ago will have been lost to history, Loyalty only lasts for so long.

His Radio Derby interview didn't go down to well on here by some, Him sending Wildsmith out to talk to Rams TV shows him not at his best and he'll be having a troubled couple of nights I bet, Cracks are appearing...Hourihanes confrontation with the fans wasn't a good advert for...we're all together.

DCFC need a very good response on Tuesday night...or things could get ugly 👍   

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Errrr - that is where we are at right now. It is obvious to a blind bat that we won't get promoted, or anywhere near it if we keep on performing like this.

20 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

We should be entitled to do better than this. We are getting outplayed by teams that get 20% of the gate we do. Just by simple maths we should, on average, do better than them.

The real kicker is that we don’t even seem to want to outplay them, just run about more than them and lump more crosses in the box than them.  I can take losing games (nobody has a divine right to win any game etc), it’s the defeatist attitude that we aren’t good enough to try and play through teams that really annoys me. 

Agree with the above - we are entitled to expect better than this. There is no energy, no pattern, no consistency. Warne made it clear that the focus over the international break was the final third, but yet again we fail to score against mediocre opposition. Looks to me like the coaching staff have no idea how to get the ball in the net other than hoof and hope, which will not work with barndoor Collins on his own in the middle. 

Warne speaks about aggression but bar Nyambe and Nelson, we do not have physical players. We lack pace all over the pitch. As a team and a club are just too nice. The lack of effort and energy in the first half is not acceptable. I would have them in 8am Sunday for bleep tests until they get the message. It’s just all too comfortable for everyone including Warne on a cosy 4 year deal.There are no consequences. Warne needs to stop talking about performances and acknowledge this is a results driven business. Interviewers need to pin him down on results and nothing else.

Suspect we are stuck with Warne, he needs to dig his way out and stop hiding behind bobble hats. No wonder the players cannot take seriously. The jokey chumminess needs to stop, we need to see him squirm until results turn around.

Hmmmm , well that was a weekend spoiler , the performance, the result and the hourihane incident 🤷🏻‍♂️,

first and foremost all the clubs in this division apart from a couple see the two games v derby as big games where they have something to prove and raise they’re levels well beyond what they are producing week in week out ,,,, why are we being caught by surprise to this every bloody game ? They either are not being put in the right frame of mind for wat it takes to get a club like Derby promoted from this division or they don’t have it in them, this is where I have been open to question whether warne can adapt to derby from Rotherham , different challenge, different pressure 

at this point now I’m not calling for his sacking but in honesty I would not be surprised or massively disappointed if he was replaced , im not one of those who demands a certain style or enjoys seeing the ball passed around aimlessly, there are different styles and different ways to win games and each to they’re own but whatever way you choose to play you have to do it as a team and that’s where it seem to fall down in my eyes , at this point we are doing very little as a team and we don’t seem to have any structure , we made Shrewsbury look like Brazil at times today with how they cut right through the middle of us unchallenged, the space they had was beyond belief at times ,

our keeper was our man of the match along with they’re poor finishing a close runner up for that honour, yes we had chances and squandered them but that’s far from the only reason we are not doing well ,

There is no doubt warne is under big pressure now and there has to be massive improvement very quickly or he is toast 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied