We are coming for you pompy

B4ev6is

43 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

My point is, Oxford are doing pretty well. And as such, no real disgrace losing against them. 

Ah, but that's revisionist. When we played them nobody was hailing then as "one to watch". They'd been close to the relegation spots last season and had signed a couple of players but nothing to suggest that they would be a force.

They rocked up at pride park and weren't brilliant - just average. We were so poor we lost, but I didn't hear anyone saying that they were top of the table material.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Ah, but that's revisionist. When we played them nobody was hailing then as "one to watch". They'd been close to the relegation spots last season and had signed a couple of players but nothing to suggest that they would be a force.

They rocked up at pride park and weren't brilliant - just average. We were so poor we lost, but I didn't hear anyone saying that they were top of the table material.

You can say that, no team are the one to watch at the start of the season.  That doesn't take away the fact that they are currently in the automatic place. Just because you didn't fancy them shouldn't mean they turn up and not play. They are where they are because they HAVE played well from game one. 

30 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

You can say that, no team are the one to watch at the start of the season.  That doesn't take away the fact that they are currently in the automatic place. Just because you didn't fancy them shouldn't mean they turn up and not play. They are where they are because they HAVE played well from game one. 

I tipped them for autos before the season started. I think they are certs in a poor league

Just now, Ram@Lincoln said:

Top two starting to pull away now, they won't drop many points against teams like this. Sure, Portsmouth did but they are also top and unbeaten. A quarter of the season done, I fear it's starting to slip away from us.

Oxford must be pushing the FFP with a huge pay rise for Brannigan when championship sides had met a 2 million release and I know they outbid Derby on wages last minute for a player. They've also been signing players from Ipswich and similar.  They went as high as 700k for Marriott it's believed but didn't get that over the line. 

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Oxford must be pushing the FFP with a huge pay rise for Brannigan when championship sides had met a 2 million release and I know they outbid Derby on wages last minute for a player. They've also been signing players from Ipswich and similar.  They went as high as 700k for Marriott it's believed but didn't get that over the line. 

Good luck to them

57 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Someone on here told me FFP isn’t in league 1 so good for them. 

4 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Top two starting to pull away now, they won't drop many points against teams like this. Sure, Portsmouth did but they are also top and unbeaten. A quarter of the season done, I fear it's starting to slip away from us.

Sure Portsmouth did! Yes they did drop points at Cheltenham just like us. So just overlook a win at Blackpool and focus on Derby dropping points at the same club the top of the league did to say the season is slipping away 11 games in. Garbage! 

Not a good start to the season but things are better than they were.

Dropping Bird was a mistake. He was excellent when he came on... until Hourihane came on and he had to change position to accommodate CH and much of the game after that was played over his head...

Our 3 best dead ball takers are Bird, CH and Sibs (not necessarily in that order). All 3 started on the bench. Not a decision I would have made.

NML needs a rest, IMO.

Fornah made an error of judgment which led to their goal. We had 17 shots, 8 on target. Saves, blocks on the line helped see us get just the one goal. 

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Not a good start to the season but things are better than they were.

Dropping Bird was a mistake. He was excellent when he came on... until Hourihane came on and he had to change position to accommodate CH and much of the game after that was played over his head...

Our 3 best dead ball takers are Bird, CH and Sibs (not necessarily in that order). All 3 started on the bench. Not a decision I would have made.

NML needs a rest, IMO.

Fornah made an error of judgment which led to their goal. We had 17 shots, 8 on target. Saves, blocks on the line helped see us get just the one goal. 

Did Bird have to change position, wasn't that down to the manager who didn't want to play through the middle?

17 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Watched there game v rovers yesterday both teams no better than us best player on the park was collins of rovers 

oxford will fade away to play offs at best rovers good football but no striker