We are coming for you pompy

B4ev6is

On 03/10/2023 at 22:49, B4ev6is said:

If derby can sort this home form out and keeping winning away this could our year to win it this season and also get to wrembley final in popper johns troupy but the lads were breath taking  tonight fast moving football at it best hit and move football. We are only one point outside play offs and 7 points off top bring it on.

lets just say once off the bus going Manchester in was really really effort kepted having to stop we the rest took off but my dad kepted waiting for me

flaming neve dammage and in same broken toe I got arthritis to boot sigh

but derby winning cherried me up no end.

@B4ev6is @DarkFruitsRam7 we are getting cherried up, it might be red, it’s definitely not pink, it’s not that purple cider but derby winning my friend cherried us all up no end 🍒

274D0EE3-137C-4222-A5C5-5B9347C35B96.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

• 2 weeks later...

When this thread was started (03/10/23), we were 7th.  8pts behind leaders Pompy (sic) with a game in hand.

Today, we stand in 6th place.  Still 8pts behind the leaders (Now Bolton), but have reduced the gap to Pompy (sic v.2) to 6pts.  No game in hand now, in fairness, but it's points on the board that actually matter!
That oh-so slight "Coming for you" has taken 7 games (for us) thus far.

My batteries have gone in my calculator, so I've no idea whether that rate of improvement is enough to achieve "the target", (when extrapolating to the season's end) or whether we have to up our game, but let's just say... on a technicality at least, our hero B4 is sort of on the right lines.
Let's keep hoping, keep praying, and keep being a bit more B4.

🐏

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

When this thread was started (03/10/23), we were 7th.  8pts behind leaders Pompy (sic) with a game in hand.

Today, we stand in 6th place.  Still 8pts behind the leaders (Now Bolton), but have reduced the gap to Pompy (sic v.2) to 6pts.  No game in hand now, in fairness, but it's points on the board that actually matter!
That oh-so slight "Coming for you" has taken 7 games (for us) thus far.

My batteries have gone in my calculator, so I've no idea whether that rate of improvement is enough to achieve "the target", (when extrapolating to the season's end) or whether we have to up our game, but let's just say... on a technicality at least, our hero B4 is sort of on the right lines.
Let's keep hoping, keep praying, and keep being a bit more B4.

🐏

So we're managed 2 more points than Pompey over 7 games and we have 29 to play, so at that rate we should gather a little over 8more points than them....

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So we're managed 2 more points than Pompey over 7 games and we have 29 to play, so at that rate we should gather a little over 8more points than them....

Brilliant!
Up we jolly well go then!*

😁

*Providing Pompey would otherwise had finished in the top two!  👀

55 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

50 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Brilliant!
Up we jolly well go then!*

😁

*Providing Pompey would otherwise had finished in the top two!  👀

It's a good job you asked today. They lost yesterday and we won, so before the games we were actually a point worse off.

Anyway, we're now two points better off, so yea, look out pompy, we're coming for you 

#bemoreb4

• 4 weeks later...

I know we are still 8 points behind Pompey, but i was looking at the remaining fixtures tonight. Pompey still have to play Stevenage (H), Oxford (H & A),Blackpool (A), Peterboro (A), Barnsley (H), Derby (H), Shrewsbury (H) Bolton (A) and Lincoln (A). And most of these games are in the last 2 months of the season.

Even though, currently they have only lost one game, 4-0 at home to Blackpool, they have won a big amount of their games by the odd goal and maybe are due a bad run of form. Perhaps B4 was right and we will be coming for you Pompey.  COYR

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I know we are still 8 points behind Pompey, but i was looking at the remaining fixtures tonight. Pompey still have to play Stevenage (H), Oxford (H & A),Blackpool (A), Peterboro (A), Barnsley (H), Derby (H), Shrewsbury (H) Bolton (A) and Lincoln (A). And most of these games are in the last 2 months of the season.

Even though, currently they have only lost one game, 4-0 at home to Blackpool, they have won a big amount of their games by the odd goal and maybe are due a bad run of form. Perhaps B4 was right and we will be coming for you Pompey.  COYR

Last season I was expecting Plymouth to fall back for the same reasons. Lots of late comebacks to win by one it seemed at the time. But fair play to them they never did and actually improved post January 

11 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Last season I was expecting Plymouth to fall back for the same reasons. Lots of late comebacks to win by one it seemed at the time. But fair play to them they never did and actually improved post January 

Talking of late comebacks, Portsmouth have done it this season a few times. In their 1st match back in August they drew 1-1 at home to Bristol Rovers with Yengi scoring in the 93rd minute. Bishop scored a 95th minute equaliser at Pride Park. Against Wycombe at home they won 2-1 with Shaughnessy scoring in the 98th minute. Then another home against Carlisle winning 1-0 Shaughnessy scores in the 93rd.

Half of their 14 wins have been by the odd goal, lady luck seems to have been on their side so far this season. I don't want forum members reminding me that they were the better team at Pride Park that day, yes they was but Derby were poor back in September. Lets hope their luck and odd goal win dry up and (Derby) "We are coming for you Pompey" does happen.