Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, alram said:

this has been the most depressing start to a season ever, there is absolutely nothing positive happening at the club

I have to profess I find it amusingly ironic that you find yourself depressed by the start of the season when yourself and a few notable other forum members post nothing but a stream of negative bile about the state of the club.

Have you ever considered that it's in fact your mind set that is depressing yourself? 

Cue you being encouraged to then regurgitate the reasons for your total dissatisfaction. I blame myself. 

3 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

One of the best defenders in the league so would be a miss.  Problem is i cant imagine him being on big wages and if this business plan doesnt able us to recruit with the money we get for him then cant see how we would benefit this season.

Managerial compensation was one suggestion on the Summer Rumours thread. 😉 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I have to profess I find it amusingly ironic that you find yourself depressed by the start of the season when yourself and a few notable other forum members post nothing but a stream of negative bile about the state of the club.

Have you ever considered that it's in fact your mind set that is depressing yourself? 

Cue you being encouraged to then regurgitate the reasons for your total dissatisfaction. I blame myself. 

You too post utter 'bile', as you so eloquently put it.

I don't ever see you posting anything that contributes to a thread in any positive way whatsoever.

All you do (and other notable posters), is attack other people who have an opinion that is different to yours..who on earth do you think you are?

Walk to the nearest bathroom; look in the mirror and when you see yourself, you should feel shame the way you speak to other people.

Apart from that, thank you for your contribution.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You too post utter 'bile', as you so eloquently put it.

I don't ever see you posting anything that contributes to a thread in any positive way whatsoever.

All you do (and other notable posters), is attack other people who have an opinion that is different to yours..who on earth do you think you are?

Walk to the nearest bathroom; look in the mirror and when you see yourself, you should feel shame the way you speak to other people.

Apart from that, thank you for your contribution.

I agree that I do spout rubbish from time to time.

The major difference is I don't feel the need to start another thread on Warne out, how long will Warne last, who will be Warnes successor yada yada.

I get that you don't like PW. I got that weeks ago.  You're  as subtle as a brick. 

So I don't need another new thread every day confirming what I already know and what you've made patently clear to the world and their uncle. It adds no value. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

So, because he doesn't suit a back 3 he's overrated? 

He was one of our stand out players last season and at the end of the season before when we were in the Championship.

Like others have said, he would be a good solid top half championship defender and just because we're league 1 doesn't mean Derby need to accept £3m.

If Cash was in the Championship based on his last 1.5 seasons he has to be worth closer to £6+

The two comments dont go hand in hand, him not being capable of playing in the back 3 isnt the reason I think he is overrated. I have always thought he was overrated & if you look at my posts from last season I said he shouldnt be first choice CB & id still say that this season.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Cashin is a weird one for me. He was brilliant when he first came in and outstanding at times last season. But I just don’t see a top player in him. I don’t think his natural ability is that high nor his potential. It seems like when he is playing brilliantly, he is already reaching his max, almost overachieving compared to his natural ability.

I could be wrong but I just see a future solid Championship player at the most. No more. 

Agreed. Natural attributes just aren’t there. Still, £3m for a decent championship centre back is good. Just not sure why Brighton want him. 

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The two comments dont go hand in hand, him not being capable of playing in the back 3 isnt the reason I think he is overrated. I have always thought he was overrated & if you look at my posts from last season I said he shouldnt be first choice CB & id still say that this season.

If Cashin shouldn’t have been first choice centre half last season then who would you have chosen?

Stearman?

Chester?

Davies?

Cashin was better than all 3 easily. He had a slight blip towards the end, but he was playing his first full season. I don’t think the club would be able to turn down 2 million plus for him. Brighton’s recruitment has been unbelievable, so he must have summat about him if they are interested. 

Can’t do much about it only hold out. Warne will be frustrated which is apparent during interviews. I really think he wants to move Bird and Cashin on so he can get in the Cm and Striker he wants. However, the club have to get the best deal possible. It’s the harsh reality of being a league 1 club. I’m expecting a mad scramble on the final day. 

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Can’t do much about it only hold out. Warne will be frustrated which is apparent during interviews. I really think he wants to move Bird and Cashin on so he can get in the Cm and Striker he wants. However, the club have to get the best deal possible. It’s the harsh reality of being a league 1 club. I’m expecting a mad scramble on the final day. 

He can't think that his transfer dealing so far will encourage the fans to be happy he wants to sell Cash and Bird (and no doubt Sibs!).

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby’s valuation of him is entirely unrealistic given his contract situation and our current standing. It would surprise me if Brighton are willing to throw us a bone but for around £1.5m.

Brighton may think it makes better sense signing him now rather than competing to sign him in 12 months time when his wage demands could be higher. And it’s just another smart investment on their part to loan him out, similar to Matt Clarke. 

Brighton have made four offers all turned down. If you think we should accept £1.5 million, how low do you think the offers to date must have been? Bristol had our pants down wit Knight we shouldn't make same mistake with Cashin especially if Premier team interested. Plus we are running out of time if we are going to strengthen this window. 

1 hour ago, enachops said:

If Cashin shouldn’t have been first choice centre half last season then who would you have chosen?

Stearman?

Chester?

Davies?

Cashin was better than all 3 easily. He had a slight blip towards the end, but he was playing his first full season. I don’t think the club would be able to turn down 2 million plus for him. Brighton’s recruitment has been unbelievable, so he must have summat about him if they are interested. 

At the start of the season I thiught Chester & another CB should have been first choice but we didnt bring anyone else in & Chester ended up injured for the majority of the season. In the end he was better than all 3 but wasnt difficult considering Stearman & Chester hardly played & Davies legs have gone which is partly why I think fans think Cashin is better than he is

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where Warne is playing him is doing him no good.

I disagree! He played in a back 3 last season without too many problems. Last night was my first live watch of the season and one of the biggest concerns was the uncertainty shown by the other 2 centre backs. I was expecting Bradley to be the dominant player but with both him and Nelson it was a case of 'after you Claude' on 2 or 3 occasions in the first half- all this uncertainty must be having a detrimental effect on the least experienced member of our 5 man defence.