Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

It makes sense to sell for the reported £3m+, particularly if he's loaned back for the remainder of the season. Even better if we could get a sell-on percentage.
We'd struggle with losing another player this late on - who'd replace him? And that £3m wouldn't necessarily come in one chunk or be immediately spendable under the agreed budget. I know Cashin's struggling atm (aren't they all?) but he is a decent young player and was comfortable in the Championship at 19yrs old.

(Phil Jones is available, just saying....)

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Very odd we could have had bloke who scored plenty in the German league for a 3rd of the fee and went for him.  We were desperate for a striker with a bit of movement.  Things don't change much 

Serdar Dursun (something like that anyway!).

How the heck did we manage to get £2.5m for Joswiak anyhow!!! 😂

12 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

What an incredibly stupid post.

Is this the level the forum has fallen to?

Was tongue in cheek because  I doubt he's making that much from us even if we have a net profit on transfers of a few million. Was part way thinking maybe if the EFL didn't let us spend much but we were getting millions in fees he could profit and reinvest in his own businesses. Not trying to say he is a massive grifter.

I think this will probably happen.

Let's be honest. His contract is up in a year. Even if we go up, the fact he's getting linked with teams like Brighton would probably suggest he's going to have some offers from top end championship and Prem teams meaning it's probably unlikely he would sign a new deal here.

Getting £3 million now would enable us to add 3-4 new signings whilst getting to keep Cashin for the last year of his deal anyway.

If they are offering £3 million we just cannot turn that down.

I'm surprised that Brighton are interested. I thinK Cashin is a talented young player, but his ceiling is the Championship imo. He's not a natural ball-playing centre back, he's not particularly tall or fast. I don't really see him as the type of player Brighton go for (a Levi Colwill for example). 

Would be sad to see him go, but for £3m+ (and potential loan back), I'd shake their hand and take the money. 

Edited by desirelines
Spelling

11 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I'm surprised that Brighton are interested. I thinK Cashin is a talented young player, but his ceiling is the Championship imo. He's not a natural ball-playing centre back, he's not particularly tall or fast. I don't really see him as the type of player Brighton go for (a Levi Colwill for example). 

Would be sad to see him go, but for £3m+ (and potential loan back), I'd shake their hand and take the money. 

I think if he moves to Brighton it will go a similar way to Matt Clarke.

He was in the last year of his deal at Pompey in League One. Brighton signed him for around £5 million. 

He was loaned out to us, WBA and Boro. Before signing permanently for Boro without ever playing for Brighton.

When you have got as much money as Brighton do you can afford to take the risk. 

29 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's be honest. His contract is up in a year. Even if we go up, the fact he's getting linked with teams like Brighton would probably suggest he's going to have some offers from top end championship and Prem teams meaning it's probably unlikely he would sign a new deal here.

Getting £3 million now would enable us to add 3-4 new signings whilst getting to keep Cashin for the last year of his deal anyway.

They're not offering £3m, that's kind of the point - that's our valuation, not theirs.

31 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

They're not offering £3m, that's kind of the point - that's our valuation, not theirs.

Yep, but it's working it's 'magic' and making a potential sale more acceptable. Seems most fans aren't 'reading' the small print.

I wonder how much they are offering if they've had four goes? There really should be some way of stopping Prem teams stockpiling young players just to make money from, it seems to be getting out of control. I suppose in the same way the disparity in finances between the leagues has.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Even if we got some money would you want Warne spending it? 
if Brighton signed him they would be immediately sending him out on loan to the championship for a decent fee - I doubt they would let Warne have him back

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Even if we got some money would you want Warne spending it? 
if Brighton signed him they would be immediately sending him out on loan to the championship for a decent fee - I doubt they would let Warne have him back

A couple of loan seasons and a sale and they're quids in. He'd be on 'Prem' money but no more likely to play in the Prem with them than with us.

Would Cash stay here for a decent wage if it wasn't for 3 at the back Warneball?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, but it's working it's 'magic' and making a potential sale more acceptable. Seems most fans aren't 'reading' the small print.

I wonder how much they are offering if they've had four goes? There really should be some way of stopping Prem teams stockpiling young players just to make money from, it seems to be getting out of control. I suppose in the same way the disparity in finances between the leagues has.

Agree with this.

Bet it went something like £1m, £1.25m, £1.5m and will settle around £2m. Announced as undisclosed and everyone moves on.

"There have been bids in for Cash and it has been going on for a period of time," he said. "They have been increasing and as I speak to you now, none of them have been accepted.

"It hasn't reached the club's valuation of the player - so he is currently still ours. I don't speak to him and go 'good news, the bid has gone up or 'Bayern Munich has been on.'

"I speak to him like he is just my player which he is. I have spoken to him today in fairness, but that was about something else.

"My relationship with him is really open and honest as it is with all my players. I could get criticised for a lot of things, but I think my honesty is pretty good.

"I want what is right for him, but not above what is right for the football club and he knows that."

Edited by RoyMac5

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"There have been bids in for Cash and it has been going on for a period of time," he said. "They have been increasing and as I speak to you now, none of them have been accepted.

"It hasn't reached the club's valuation of the player - so he is currently still ours. I don't speak to him and go 'good news, the bid has gone up or 'Bayern Munich has been on.'

"I speak to him like he is just my player which he is. I have spoken to him today in fairness, but that was about something else.

"My relationship with him is really open and honest as it is with all my players. I could get criticised for a lot of things, but I think my honesty is pretty good.

"I want what is right for him, but not above what is right for the football club and he knows that."

sounds similar to the Knight situation

Chelsea buy Caicedo for £4million, Sell for £100million with add ons, £3m is but a drop in the ocean...but, If we continue to play Cashin at left side of a 3 then soon enough he'll go for less in January or further when contract is up as he has no pace and confidence at such a young age can be a big negative.

Brighton are a selling club, Their wage structure must be shyte compared to the top 6 in the EPL, They've sold a bunch of players for a handy profit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/the-10-most-expensive-brighton-sales-of-all-time-caicedo-to-chelsea-mac-allister-to-liverpool-white-to-arsenal/ar-AA1fpqWI