Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

54 minutes ago, Thameram said:

How many players have jumped ship from us and gone on to bigger things, playing week in week out in competitive competition is the best schooling they can have 

How many have played loads of games for us and gone onto bigger things? 

If he goes to brighton they'll be sending him out to play in the championship or a top side in league one. Playing in our current team is no good for him - brighton will be better for his development

51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Brighton brought Clarke from league one and then rented him out on loan for three years and then sold him - the same would happen with Cashin 

And whats your point? They'll do the same with Cashin, but it's still better than playing for a turgid team in league 1. 

16 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

This might have already been said, but if it's Brighton f****** bleed them. 

Most players they buy for £3 million they sell for £50 million plus 😂

£15 million + 30% sell on clause or he stays. If that means he stays, then good.

But they won't pay it and then what happens with the player? Brighton no doubt buy players in the same way Mike Ashley buys companies?

21 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If he goes to brighton they'll be sending him out to play in the championship or a top side in league one. Playing in our current team is no good for him - brighton will be better for his development

Agree.

If Percy's info is accurate and we're saying the only deal is with a loan-back then I can't see a 'footballing' side showing an interest.

Cashin can defend and win headers....and he's as tough as nails and committed. He's a very decent player in league 1.......and a much better 'footballer' than the current system allows him to be.

But he would develop more by training alongside very high calibre players for a year than lumping long diagonals in league 1. Why would you buy a player you think you can develop and then watch them stagnate?

Let's not forget that they binned Roberts after a year of 'development' with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the loan-back is the sticking point rather than the fee.

1 hour ago, Thameram said:

No if only but loyalty to a club would make a nice change 

I think Harry Kane has shown the fallacy of players signing long contracts. I’d much rather a player is up front and runs a contract down (which I think is a poor phrase with unfair negative connotations). Why would you sign a contract you don’t want to honour?

Same to a club when they have players on long contracts who aren’t performing. Who’s the mug? 

Fair play to Cash- the honourable thing is to not sign a contract unless he intends to stay and he knows as well as we do that could be years in league 1

34 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We are a top side in league one and the championship is pretty average this year but his bank balance would be better at Brighton and that's all that matters personally I would sell them both not strong enough for league 1

1 hour ago, Thameram said:

We are a top side in league one and the championship is pretty average this year but his bank balance would be better at Brighton and that's all that matters personally I would sell them both not strong enough for league 1

When did we become a top side in league 1? We have a lot of fans for a league 1 side, but we've shown nothing so far to show we're a "top side" in this division. Warneball is going ruin Cashin and Bird. Let them go so the damage isnt permanent

2 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Let's not forget that they binned Roberts after a year of 'development' with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the loan-back is the sticking point rather than the fee.

The first one is a bit of a cherry-pick. Roberts was in the final year of his contract with Brighton and at the end of the season they qualified for Europe. They decided not to renew his contract but that was presumably because at the end of his contract he hadn't made sufficient progress overall (a year at Rochdale, then a year where they kept him at BHA*, then a year with us). If his progress had followed a different trajectory over that time, perhaps last year's loan would have been at Championship level, or maybe Brighton loaned him to us expecting him to be used in a certain way, and then he wasn't. (Which is not to say he didn't have a good season for us, because I thought he did, especially in the second half of it).

[* Graham Potter said factors behind keeping him around included finding the right loan for him, BHA's own issues and the opportunity to train against PL standard forwards, and post-Covid effect on loan market/recruitment. Roberts made matchday squads but did not play.]

I think your second point is a very good one. Personally if I were managing player development at Brighton, I wouldn't loan Cashin back to us! What's in it for them? Whatever the merits of playing in our system, he's already done it. It makes good sense to vary the style, the level, the challenge, etc. 

28 minutes ago, GenBr said:

When did we become a top side in league 1? We have a lot of fans for a league 1 side, but we've shown nothing so far to show we're a "top side" in this division. Warneball is going ruin Cashin and Bird. Let them go so the damage isnt permanent

Wait till the end of the season 3 games in is no time to judge you don't win or lose the league in August and bird is playing better this year so Warne ruining him is incorrect 

12 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Wait till the end of the season 3 games in is no time to judge you don't win or lose the league in August and bird is playing better this year so Warne ruining him is incorrect 

Nope and nope. Bird had a good half in the last match and thats about it.

The football we've played so far has been turgid, aimless tripe that doesnt have the slightest bit of organisation involved. Unless warne drastically changes things it will be more of the same going forward, which will be awful for the likes of bird and cashin

31 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Nope and nope. Bird had a good half in the last match and thats about it.

The football we've played so far has been turgid, aimless tripe that doesnt have the slightest bit of organisation involved. Unless warne drastically changes things it will be more of the same going forward, which will be awful for the likes of bird and cashin

OK agree to differ your wrong though

14 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We should get Brighton to lend back a better player than Cashin in midfield or forward position. (If he goes there)

Just had a quick look and Odeluga Offiah looks to be one of the few that might fit this brief. Featured twice for them last season. 6ft2 20 year old CB.

49 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We should get Brighton to lend back a better player than Cashin in midfield or forward position. (If he goes there)

Agreed - not so much better but more suited to our needs (ideally a quick defender in the mould of Tomori!)

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I have to profess I find it amusingly ironic that you find yourself depressed by the start of the season when yourself and a few notable other forum members post nothing but a stream of negative bile about the state of the club.

Have you ever considered that it's in fact your mind set that is depressing yourself? 

Cue you being encouraged to then regurgitate the reasons for your total dissatisfaction. I blame myself. 

ah yes in future i will keep my opinions to myself that arent popular on here, maybe the start to the season points to my dissatisifcation being justified?

4 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Agree.

If Percy's info is accurate and we're saying the only deal is with a loan-back then I can't see a 'footballing' side showing an interest.

Cashin can defend and win headers....and he's as tough as nails and committed. He's a very decent player in league 1.......and a much better 'footballer' than the current system allows him to be.

But he would develop more by training alongside very high calibre players for a year than lumping long diagonals in league 1. Why would you buy a player you think you can develop and then watch them stagnate?

They loaned us Roberts when he had 1 year left on his contract and could’ve offered him a new contract at any point, or recalled him in January and did neither. Chances are the decision on him was made before he even joined us.

You could use a similar argument and say Dobbin & Osula have already played Premier League football this season. Obviously we aren’t the reason for that, but we aren’t the reason that Roberts went for free either.

Cashin is 21 and played well over half of his career games under Warne already. If they still want him after that, I don’t think the tipping point will be if he finishes the season here or elsewhere. He’s a footballer who their staff clearly rate, not a robot, he’ll be adaptable.

If they loaned him to us, he’s pretty much guaranteed to play every game loan him to another club where he has to settle first may hinder him. If the loan doesn’t work out, he can’t play for anyone else other than us this season because of the rules, so they’re then taking a gamble on losing a season of development when he’ll then be 22. Keeping him at Derby makes much more sense unless someone is going to pay them a fee to have him for the rest of the season straight away.